VWP to AOS

Old Aug 28th 2012, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

Mama Drama is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: VWP to AOS

Had my biometric appointment yesterday, also managed to have the staff complete my sons too, so that we do not have to make two trips, fortunately I took his passport and biometric appointment letter with me to my appointment.

Also mailed my birth certificate off with the RFE letter, i sent it express mail so i'm hoping that they receive it this week

Also received NOA1 for my son, one addressed to him and the other addressed to my Husband.
Old Sep 19th 2012, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

To update - I received a RFE requesting a copy of my Birth Certificate which i sent off immediately, On receipt of that my EAD card was sent out and I received it 09/05/2012 thankfully

I received a RFE for my son which required a copy of my marriage license, his birth certificate, a affidavit of support form and a copy of his passport page verifying arrival in the US, I also added a copy of his VWP

My son has started school now and we have just bought a new house and are settling in to US lifestyle quite nicely, lets hope its not in vain.

Will keep you updated re-interview date etc
Old Sep 19th 2012, 4:42 pm
Forum Regular

A question - Will I receive a date for my interview as the next stage regardless of whether or not my Son's RFE that i returned has been processed or not? Or will that hold me up?
Old Sep 19th 2012, 4:42 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mama Drama
I also added a copy of his VWP.
Hmm... probably not a good idea to have done that!

Ian
Old Sep 19th 2012, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm

Ian
Oh No, Why Ian?
Old Sep 19th 2012, 5:14 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh No, Why Ian?
It's just not a good idea to adjust status from a VWP visit...not that the officer wouldn't know or find out anyway, it's just that you've brought it to the forefront of their attention. But it is what it is.

Rene
Old Sep 19th 2012, 5:14 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

A question - Will I receive a date for my interview as the next stage regardless of whether or not my Son's RFE that i returned has been processed or not? Or will that hold me up?
I imagine yours will process independently of your son's.

Rene
Old Sep 19th 2012, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
It's just not a good idea to adjust status from a VWP visit...not that the officer wouldn't know or find out anyway, it's just that you've brought it to the forefront of their attention. But it is what it is.

Rene
Didnt even think of that, thanks for clarifying that Noorah

I imagine yours will process independently of your son's.

Rene
Thanks, that's good to know
Old Sep 19th 2012, 6:47 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

What is "a copy of his VWP"?

The Visa Waiver Program is a government program. What is it that you copied and sent?

Regards, JEff

I also added a copy of his VWP
Originally Posted by ian-mstm

Ian
Old Sep 19th 2012, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
What is "a copy of his VWP"?

The Visa Waiver Program is a government program. What is it that you copied and sent?

Regards, JEff
Jeff I sent a copy of the ESTA authorization approval as travel authorization to prove my son entered legally.
Old Sep 19th 2012, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

I have been checking my case status regularly on the uscis website for updates etc, my last update shows "card documentation/production" and I have received my EAD, my question is in relation to the interview date update, will the last status change as and when i am scheduled an interview and the same MSC number or will it be new MSC number that i would receive in the post?

Sorry if this sounds confusing
Old Sep 19th 2012, 9:19 pm

I have been checking my case status regularly on the uscis website for updates etc, my last update shows "card documentation/production" and I have received my EAD, my question is in relation to the interview date update, will the last status change as and when i am scheduled an interview and the same MSC number or will it be new MSC number that i would receive in the post?

Sorry if this sounds confusing
When doing AOS, your case number remains the same. The case number associated with your AOS interview will be the one on the NOA receipt of I-485.

Rene
Old Sep 19th 2012, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

When doing AOS, your case number remains the same. The case number associated with your AOS interview will be the one on the NOA receipt of I-485.

Rene
Thank you Rene, I was confused because I have three different case numbers all beginning MSC albeit all very similar, however the last number changes
Old Sep 19th 2012, 9:55 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Why didn't you say so?

Regards, JEff

I sent a copy of the ESTA authorization approval. (
Old Sep 19th 2012, 9:56 pm

Well, you have three different cases going on at the MSC ...

Regards, JEff

I was confused because I have three different case numbers all beginning MSC

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.