Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Priority date current? Not anymore :(

Priority date current? Not anymore :(

Old Sep 27th 2007, 12:13 pm
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Priority date current? Not anymore :(

Originally Posted by Paul S
bit late back into this thread (been back in the UK)

Good news to hear that things are starting to move for you. Nothing here as of yet, apart from noticing last night that they cashed the cheque for Cath's EAD. We filed 26 or 27 July (I forget or is it the time difference), on EB3
Lucky you, going back to the UK.
We filed 23rd July or thereabouts. No later than that.
Old Sep 27th 2007, 12:36 pm
now I know my J,C,B's

Paul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jumping doris
Lucky you, going back to the UK.
We filed 23rd July or thereabouts. No later than that.
only there for 3 days on the back end of a business trip to Belgium
Old Sep 27th 2007, 1:08 pm
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

only there for 3 days on the back end of a business trip to Belgium
But still...you were there.Plenty of time for a good curry, decent bread, good cheese and all the rest
Old Sep 27th 2007, 7:41 pm
now I know my J,C,B's

Paul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond repute

well, well, well

we got our receipt notices today for the 485 and Cath's 765. Hope they get a flaming move on and sort out her EAD (is it 90 days from received date or notice date)
Old Sep 27th 2007, 7:58 pm
Who?

well, well, well

we got our receipt notices today for the 485 and Cath's 765. Hope they get a flaming move on and sort out her EAD (is it 90 days from received date or notice date)
Our receipt notices arrived last Friday and our EAD's came yesterday.
We filed on 23rd/24th July.
Old Oct 1st 2007, 5:41 pm
now I know my J,C,B's

Well tracking her EAD case online it now says 'card production ordered', which is hopefully a good thing
Appointment for biometrics arrived in post today
Old Oct 24th 2007, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

carlfarey is a name known to allcarlfarey is a name known to allcarlfarey is a name known to allcarlfarey is a name known to allcarlfarey is a name known to allcarlfarey is a name known to allcarlfarey is a name known to allcarlfarey is a name known to allcarlfarey is a name known to allcarlfarey is a name known to allcarlfarey is a name known to all

I am so confused. We have a receipt notice for I-485 of June 12th 2007, we have had our biometrics, our priority date on our I-140 approval is Nov 22nd 2006 but the Texas processing for I-485 is August 2006, do we go of the proirity date or the Texas processing date?
Old Oct 24th 2007, 4:41 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carlfarey
I am so confused. We have a receipt notice for I-485 of June 12th 2007, we have had our biometrics, our priority date on our I-140 approval is Nov 22nd 2006 but the Texas processing for I-485 is August 2006, do we go of the proirity date or the Texas processing date?

The Texas August 2006 date reflects the filing date of cases that have been completed. It's not set in stone and shouldn't be regarded as correct. Often these dates are out of date, also everyone's case is different. Some people are processed quicker than others. My husband filed in Jan 07 with Texas and was approved in August. I'm still waiting for my approval.
Old Oct 29th 2007, 5:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Adnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond repute

So we got our receipts today for 1-485. We're filing through Nebraska. We filed on 3rd July or so and havve only had the receipts today!!! Anyone any ideas how long it should take from now to get the EAD's?? And travel authorisation docs??? We're H1B and 4, EB3 category.
At least one hurdle seems to be down....
Old Oct 29th 2007, 5:25 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Adnams
So we got our receipts today for 1-485. We're filing through Nebraska. We filed on 3rd July or so and havve only had the receipts today!!! Anyone any ideas how long it should take from now to get the EAD's?? And travel authorisation docs??? We're H1B and 4, EB3 category.
Have you had your biometrics done? The documents usually come through about 2-6 weeks after that - that's just our experience, so YMMV...
Old Oct 29th 2007, 6:01 pm
Who?

Originally Posted by Elvira
Have you had your biometrics done? The documents usually come through about 2-6 weeks after that - that's just our experience, so YMMV...
We received appointments for our biometrics but our EAD's arrived before we went to the appointment.
We got the appointment letters in the post one day and the EAD's the next.
The AP docs have been sent for me, OH and the youngest but nothing for the two older daughters.
Old Oct 29th 2007, 6:18 pm
now I know my J,C,B's

Originally Posted by Adnams
hmm, I think we got the notice of Action forms and it was probably about a week or two after that for the EAD. Ours should have gone to Nebraska (well that was the filing address) but all our receipts came through from Texas

Isn't your OH at the end of his H1B (just asking cos I was told that if your H1B was still valid then EAD and/or AP for the H1B person wasn't required)

its funny cos before I logged I was sat here wondering if you'd heard anything (weird innit!)

Originally Posted by Elvira
pretty sure Sally said that they had already done that. I can't remember as this thread is getting waaayyyy too long
Old Oct 29th 2007, 7:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Adnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond repute

hmm, I think we got the notice of Action forms and it was probably about a week or two after that for the EAD. Ours should have gone to Nebraska (well that was the filing address) but all our receipts came through from Texas

Isn't your OH at the end of his H1B (just asking cos I was told that if your H1B was still valid then EAD and/or AP for the H1B person wasn't required)

its funny cos before I logged I was sat here wondering if you'd heard anything (weird innit!)

pretty sure Sally said that they had already done that. I can't remember as this thread is getting waaayyyy too long
Its is a very long thread youre right. We only received the receipts today. I havent even seen the documents yet. As I understand it from the OH its just a receipt i.e. a case number. We havent had any bio med appointments or anything like that yet. Its just a case number.
Also my 485 has been receipted but the OH's hasnt? Whats all that about?
Old Oct 29th 2007, 7:44 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jumping doris
We received appointments for our biometrics but our EAD's arrived before we went to the appointment.
We got the appointment letters in the post one day and the EAD's the next.
The AP docs have been sent for me, OH and the youngest but nothing for the two older daughters.
You got your EADs without having biometrics first?

This seems strange - I've never heard of that before...
Old Oct 29th 2007, 7:45 pm
Homebody

Correct - you don't need an EAD or AP if your H1b is still valid.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.