Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Priority date current? Not anymore :(

Priority date current? Not anymore :(

Old Nov 5th 2007, 7:13 pm
now I know my J,C,B's

Paul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Priority date current? Not anymore :(

Originally Posted by Elvira
(Your EAD is likely to arrive about 2 weeks after you've done the biometrics.)
Or in OH's case just before the biometrics (Think her SSN came the same day as the biometrics appointment).....
Old Nov 5th 2007, 8:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Adnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul S
Or in OH's case just before the biometrics (Think her SSN came the same day as the biometrics appointment).....
I thought that you had to go to your local ss office to get your SSN? Has that changed now then?
Old Nov 5th 2007, 8:56 pm
now I know my J,C,B's

Paul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Adnams
I thought that you had to go to your local ss office to get your SSN? Has that changed now then?
yep you go in apply and then wait. I forget how long it took from applying to getting the card (maybe a week or thereabouts)

Mine took about 4 weeks from applying but that was all to do with only just having arrived and my details hadn't filtered through the system
Old Nov 5th 2007, 9:27 pm
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like a good tip, but knowing our luck......................
Our EAD's arrived the day after the biometric appointment arrived. It was like feast after famine, all this stuff arriving within 2 days and then .......nothing.
Old Nov 5th 2007, 10:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Adnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jumping doris
Our EAD's arrived the day after the biometric appointment arrived. It was like feast after famine, all this stuff arriving within 2 days and then .......nothing.
Still waiting for that I-140 I take it then? I agree with you feast after famine. I dont even want it anymore (eads 485 etc) This whole experience has left us very bitter, to tell the truth we just want out of here.
Old Nov 6th 2007, 11:28 am
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

Still waiting for that I-140 I take it then? I agree with you feast after famine. I dont even want it anymore (eads 485 etc) This whole experience has left us very bitter, to tell the truth we just want out of here.
Still waiting. We have the EAD's and AP's and I feel so underwhelmed..
I need to go and get my ss# now and I can't summon up the enthusiasm to go to yet another US govt dept and be treated like a piece of s**t. (Although the people at the biometric place were lovely).
Last time we went to the ss# offices they were so rude.

Of course I will go and I can't decide if I should go now and then go back with the children in the Christmas break when the eldest is home from college.
Or shall I wait and just suffer it all once.

If I go now I could get myself a lovely job in Macys for Christmas.
Old Nov 6th 2007, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

carlfarey is a name known to allcarlfarey is a name known to allcarlfarey is a name known to allcarlfarey is a name known to allcarlfarey is a name known to allcarlfarey is a name known to allcarlfarey is a name known to allcarlfarey is a name known to allcarlfarey is a name known to allcarlfarey is a name known to allcarlfarey is a name known to all

HI

Can anyone tell me if the Green cards come in normal mail or do you have to sign for them.

Thanks

carl.
Old Nov 6th 2007, 11:34 am
now I know my J,C,B's

Still waiting. We have the EAD's and AP's and I feel so underwhelmed..
I need to go and get my ss# now and I can't summon up the enthusiasm to go to yet another US govt dept and be treated like a piece of s**t. (Although the people at the biometric place were lovely).
Fuuny that, so were ours in Cleveland

Last time we went to the ss# offices they were so rude.
Its a job requirement

If I go now I could get myself a lovely job in Macys for Christmas.
shhh........ don't say that (OH is already out working)
Old Nov 6th 2007, 11:35 am
now I know my J,C,B's

Originally Posted by carlfarey
HI

Can anyone tell me if the Green cards come in normal mail or do you have to sign for them.

Thanks

carl.
just in normal mail, so I'm told
Old Nov 6th 2007, 11:45 am
Who?

HI

Thanks

carl.
I expect our green cards to be delivered with full Disney-style majesty.
You know, orchestral music coming from the drains, small animals singing in those helium voices and dancing with each other and a glass coach somewhere.
Old Nov 6th 2007, 11:45 am
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

HI

Thanks

carl.

Yep, just comes in the normal mail.
Old Nov 6th 2007, 1:23 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

You know, orchestral music coming from the drains, small animals singing in those helium voices and dancing with each other and a glass coach somewhere.
You mean USPS doesn't lay all that oon for you for all your mail?

I guess we must be special...

And you should see our FedEx deliveries!!! The fireworks and dancing girls alone make the cost of Amazon next-day delivery worthwhile!

Old Nov 6th 2007, 1:29 pm
Who?

Originally Posted by dbj1000
You mean USPS doesn't lay all that oon for you for all your mail?

I guess we must be special...

And you should see our FedEx deliveries!!! The fireworks and dancing girls alone make the cost of Amazon next-day delivery worthwhile!

The postman sometimes says hello but thats not quite the same.
Old Nov 7th 2007, 12:11 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

lol, normal mail delivery for the Green Cards.

Tip: it never hurts to have your name inside of your mailbox. Things can go wrong now even if you've had mail delivered from USCIS in the past.

Other Tip for those receiving Green Cards: go update your status with SSA (conveniently 'forget' to take your SS card with you) and you will get a NEW Social Security card without the legend on the front.
That and a driver's licence are hiring ID, so if you ever change jobs and don't want to use your Green Card....
Old Nov 7th 2007, 3:43 am
Forum Regular

tonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of lighttonyghiggins is a glorious beacon of light

Biometrics appt through for end of November, just waiting on I140 and then hopefully 6months movement forward of priority dates in Dec bulletin.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.