Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Priority date current? Not anymore :(

Priority date current? Not anymore :(

Old Oct 30th 2007, 6:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Adnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Priority date current? Not anymore :(

Originally Posted by Elvira
Once you get your EAD you're good to go. Based on our experience (YMMV), it should take 2-3 months, possibly slightly longer.

But it looks like it'll be a while yet before they'll process the actual AOS.
I wonder if the EEC is going to make the new proposed "blue" cards as inscrutable as this process. I cant imagine what it would be like if English wasnt your first language.
Thanks for the tips though, its the actual EAD's that are the key for us the rest can wait as far as I am concerned. (h1b / h4). The H1b has to be renewed or rather it runs out next May so as long as the ead's are here by then I couldnt give tinkers.
Old Oct 30th 2007, 7:17 pm
now I know my J,C,B's

Paul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Adnams
Ok ok ok so now I am getting really confused. Does that mean that you cant use your EAD until it has a finger print on it?
Not as far as we are aware/have been told. Its fine as it is with or without it

However for employment based 485 adjustments it gives a date of December 2006????
Aaargh.
Texas is just as bad, no wait I just checked its showing August 06:curse::curse: (why did our application get diverted to Texas)

So am I right in thinking that theyre not processing applications that were received after this date??
er, quite possible. It's also quite possible that they are going for the world record of the biggest pile of files in 1 intray too, even as I type this

Why do they have to make this as clear as mud
Old Oct 30th 2007, 7:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Adnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond repute

er, quite possible. It's also quite possible that they are going for the world record of the biggest pile of files in 1 intray too, even as I type this

Must be as big as the Chrysler tower in NYC by now.
Old Oct 30th 2007, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

carlfarey is a name known to allcarlfarey is a name known to allcarlfarey is a name known to allcarlfarey is a name known to allcarlfarey is a name known to allcarlfarey is a name known to allcarlfarey is a name known to allcarlfarey is a name known to allcarlfarey is a name known to allcarlfarey is a name known to allcarlfarey is a name known to all

Why are the dates going backwards?
Old Oct 31st 2007, 12:14 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul S

Texas is just as bad, no wait I just checked its showing August 06:curse::curse: (why did our application get diverted to Texas)

Ignore those dates. Hubby's forms were filed at Texas Jan 07 and he was approved end of August 07. All in all, it's a bit of a crap shoot when they get processed, and they'll get done when they get done.
Old Nov 1st 2007, 3:40 am
Forum Regular

carlfarey is a name known to allcarlfarey is a name known to allcarlfarey is a name known to allcarlfarey is a name known to allcarlfarey is a name known to allcarlfarey is a name known to allcarlfarey is a name known to allcarlfarey is a name known to allcarlfarey is a name known to allcarlfarey is a name known to allcarlfarey is a name known to all

Does this message mean that its all over and done with?

On October 31, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Just checked online and that was there on both of our cases.
Old Nov 1st 2007, 3:41 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Unless you expecting a birthday card or something else ..Yes !!
Old Nov 1st 2007, 4:07 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carlfarey
Does this message mean that its all over and done with?

On October 31, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Just checked online and that was there on both of our cases.
Yes! CONGRATULATIONS!

That message brings back to me that amazing feeling of elation I felt when it was finally all over!
Old Nov 1st 2007, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

Great

Its like a huge cloud has just gone.

Carl.
Old Nov 1st 2007, 2:00 pm
now I know my J,C,B's

Paul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond repute

Great

Its like a huge cloud has just gone.

Carl.
Congratulations you lucky so and so

Wonder how long an EB3's gonna take (I'm thinking when hell freezes over)
Old Nov 1st 2007, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

Mesage has now changed to this:

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

On November 1, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

What is ADIT processing?

I take it this is good yeah?

Last edited by carlfarey; Nov 1st 2007 at 2:35 pm.
Old Nov 1st 2007, 3:11 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

What is ADIT processing?
I take it this is good yeah?
Your passport stamp if necessary..maybe a pic though tht was outdatd now
Its good

ADIT = Alien Documentation, Identification & Telecommunications

Last edited by Ray; Nov 1st 2007 at 3:15 pm.
Old Nov 5th 2007, 6:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Ray
Your passport stamp if necessary..maybe a pic though tht was outdatd now
Its good

ADIT = Alien Documentation, Identification & Telecommunications
So we got our appointments for the biometrics today for 11/27. I suppose thats a good thing?? Its like waiting for paint to dry this process. Still not holding my breath for these elusive EAD's...... ho hum
Old Nov 5th 2007, 6:24 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

So we got our appointments for the biometrics today for 11/27. I suppose thats a good thing?? Its like waiting for paint to dry this process. Still not holding my breath for these elusive EAD's...... ho hum
Hint: go in now - show them your notice and explain that you are going to be on vacation or whatever. Be very nice and polite and ask whether they could possibly "do" you straightaway.

You may be pleasantly surprised

(Your EAD is likely to arrive about 2 weeks after you've done the biometrics.)
Old Nov 5th 2007, 6:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Elvira
Hint: go in now - show them your notice and explain that you are going to be on vacation or whatever. Be very nice and polite and ask whether they could possibly "do" you straightaway.

You may be pleasantly surprised

(Your EAD is likely to arrive about 2 weeks after you've done the biometrics.)
Sounds like a good tip, but knowing our luck......................

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.