Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Priority date current? Not anymore :(

Wikiposts

Priority date current? Not anymore :(

Old Nov 8th 2007, 9:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Adnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Priority date current? Not anymore :(

YAY YAY YAY wonders will never cease our EAD cards turned up in the post today!!! Only 5 and a half years down the line but they turned up nonetheless!!! But I am still confused our biomeds arent until the end of November so can we go and get my SSN now or do we have to wait until after the bio's??? It also states that its not valid for reentry to the US BUT our Advanced Parole docs arrived at the lawyers this week so I am assuming we just travel with both?

Me is celebrating..... slurp, slurp, now just have to wait for our visa / 485 category to come out of retrogression.....how longs a piece of string?
</IMG></IMG></IMG>
Old Nov 8th 2007, 9:40 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Adnams
... so can we go and get my SSN now or do we have to wait until after the bio's?
The bios are irrelevant to getting a SSN... all you need is the EAD.

It also states that its not valid for reentry to the US...
True... the EAD authorizes employment and nothing else.

... so I am assuming we just travel with both?
You don't need an EAD to travel... the EAD authorizes employment and nothing else.

Ian
Old Nov 8th 2007, 9:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Adnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
The bios are irrelevant to getting a SSN... all you need is the EAD.

True... the EAD authorizes employment and nothing else.

You don't need an EAD to travel... the EAD authorizes employment and nothing else.

Ian
But I travel with the AP and shouldnt get any grief at the immi desks at the airport??
Old Nov 8th 2007, 9:59 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

But I travel with the AP and shouldnt get any grief at the immi desks at the airport??
The first time you re-enter with AP docs you will probably be sent for secondary screening.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 10:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
The first time you re-enter with AP docs you will probably be sent for secondary screening.
Sounds surgical??? What is secondary screening? And should we have extra docs with us?
Old Nov 8th 2007, 10:57 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds surgical??? What is secondary screening? And should we have extra docs with us?
From memory you have to wait in a room and you are asked a couple of question. No extra docs...just your PP and AP docs. The next time you re-enter it will be plain sailing.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 11:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
From memory you have to wait in a room and you are asked a couple of question. No extra docs...just your PP and AP docs. The next time you re-enter it will be plain sailing.
I want the red carpet seeing as I have waited 5.5 years for this damn thing! In ones dreams........... ticker tape would be nice too and a brass band
Old Nov 8th 2007, 11:33 am
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

YAY YAY YAY wonders will never cease our EAD cards turned up in the post today!!! Only 5 and a half years down the line but they turned up nonetheless!!! But I am still confused our biomeds arent until the end of November so can we go and get my SSN now or do we have to wait until after the bio's??? It also states that its not valid for reentry to the US BUT our Advanced Parole docs arrived at the lawyers this week so I am assuming we just travel with both?

Me is celebrating..... slurp, slurp, now just have to wait for our visa / 485 category to come out of retrogression.....how longs a piece of string?
</IMG></IMG></IMG>
Congratulations....now off to the hiring line at Burger King. See you there
Old Nov 8th 2007, 11:47 am
now I know my J,C,B's

Paul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats

Originally Posted by jumping doris
the hiring line at Burger King
thats the win win scenario (free lunch)
Old Nov 8th 2007, 11:49 am
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul S
Congrats

thats the win win scenario (free lunch)
and a snazzy uniform.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 11:50 am
BE Forum Addict

and a snazzy uniform.
those uniforms are to die for, its been my lifes ambition
Old Nov 8th 2007, 11:58 am
Who?

those uniforms are to die for, its been my lifes ambition
I want to be a school bus driver. You get to hold up the traffic and shout at children.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 12:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

I want to be a school bus driver. You get to hold up the traffic and shout at children.
Perfect could life get any better?
Old Nov 8th 2007, 11:43 pm
Forum Regular

carlfarey is a name known to allcarlfarey is a name known to allcarlfarey is a name known to allcarlfarey is a name known to allcarlfarey is a name known to allcarlfarey is a name known to allcarlfarey is a name known to allcarlfarey is a name known to allcarlfarey is a name known to allcarlfarey is a name known to allcarlfarey is a name known to all

Well would you Adam & Eve it.

The Wife got her Gren card yesterday and mine didnt come, if its not in the post today I will slap the postman.

Old Nov 9th 2007, 6:02 am
Forum Regular

carlfarey is a name known to allcarlfarey is a name known to allcarlfarey is a name known to allcarlfarey is a name known to allcarlfarey is a name known to allcarlfarey is a name known to allcarlfarey is a name known to allcarlfarey is a name known to allcarlfarey is a name known to allcarlfarey is a name known to allcarlfarey is a name known to all

No Need to slap the postman, it came today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.