Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Mar 13th 2012, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

GinGino has a spectacular aura aboutGinGino has a spectacular aura aboutGinGino has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Passport back, 212 small d 3 a valid for 1 year 'm'!! Good luck anyone still waiting x
Old Mar 13th 2012, 7:47 pm
Just Joined

Fabregas1981 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats GinoGino...
Old Mar 13th 2012, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

rollerskateskinny is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GinGino
Passport back, 212 small d 3 a valid for 1 year 'm'!! Good luck anyone still waiting x
congrats, that was what i got on both my visas that were issued to me, the visa im going for is actually a 13 month visa, 12 months internship, one month holiday so i hope i get one longert than a year

congrats dude
Old Mar 13th 2012, 9:01 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Nice one GinGino! Multiple entries too.
Old Mar 15th 2012, 6:38 pm
Just Joined

LJF48 is an unknown quantity at this point

We got the passport back, multiple entries for a year Very happy, good luck to all those still waiting xx
Old Mar 16th 2012, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

GinGino has a spectacular aura aboutGinGino has a spectacular aura aboutGinGino has a spectacular aura about

When are you going away? Have you made it in time?
Old Mar 16th 2012, 10:07 pm
Just Joined

LJF48 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, made it in time,
thanks xxx
Old Mar 18th 2012, 12:39 pm
Just Joined

Jon_K is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi GinGino
Congratulations, i know how frustrating the process is. Did you use a lawyer or attorney to help you through the process? If so could you recommend them with their contact details.
Thanks
Jon
Old Mar 19th 2012, 11:07 am
Just Joined

Speedysteve is an unknown quantity at this point

going through the same process & now at week 10 and the wait is painful.....
I used a US attourney.. basically a waste of a lot of money..

For the waiver part of the application its a simple form and a recent ACPO, the cosular officer makes the submission for a non-immigrant waiver not the individual ( as has already been stated just confirming ) the ticket they issue with the 14-16 week guideline is exactly that there is no limit to how long it can take and there is no way to chase it up..

However :- as supporting documentation I built up the following as advised by the attourney ( none of it was actually asked for but apparently there is a chance of this happening at interview so better to be prepared )

Multiple character references from the most religous upstanding and official people you know.
Evidence of rehabilitation, emplyment records, voluntary work etc..
Personal statement explaining nature of offence and clearly showing repentance and how you have been completely rehabilitated
All educational / professional qualification documentation

basically load up on any evidence that your a decent person it makes you feel a little more prepared and just in case anything is asked for..

Sit, wait, cross your fingers, not anything else you can do...

DEFINATELY DO NOT BOOK ANY FLIGHTS OR ARRANGE TRAVEL until you have the visa in your hands, it will almost certainly bit you in the ass....
Old Mar 31st 2012, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

Hi, no didn't use any attorney or lawyer but as mentioned before took loads of stuff to interview such as bank statement, mortgage deeds, wage slips etc.
None of it was looked at!!
Didn't take a reference though.
I think they are more interested in stuff like that if they are concerned you may not leave the country.
As mentioned above, do not make any plans, our email took 25 weeks to come.
Old Mar 31st 2012, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

terminalvelociraptor is an unknown quantity at this point

Our trip went fine, a short trip to secondary, then after about 20 minutes they handed my passport back and apologised for the wait. Entirely painless!

Given the massive waiting times i have a theoretical question. If i were to have 6 months left on my 1 year visa, but know i will need to visit the states in 7 months, i would need to make sure to apply now for a visa to avoid missing the date. However once one visa application is pending, does that mean that the preexisting visa is no good for any other trips that might crop up at short notice for business? Or is it possible to have one visa valid, and another in the works? With previous processing times of a few weeks, i guess this wasn't really an issue, but i can see how it could be now.
Old Apr 1st 2012, 10:00 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Your exisiting visa won't be affected by a subsequent application and will remain valid until the expiry date or a new visa supercedes it. If your new visa is approved while the old one is still in date, the old visa will be cancelled by the embassy when you send in your passport to have the new one attached. But you can certainly continue to use the existing visa as things stand right now.
Old Apr 1st 2012, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

When you talk about secondary, what does that entail?
Old Apr 1st 2012, 8:25 pm
Account Closed

When you talk about secondary, what does that entail?
I can only speak from my own experience of secondary processing at IAH in Houston. After the usual questions from an immigration officer at one of the CBP booths, I was taken to one side by another officer and removed to a seperate room where about 30 other people were waiting. I sat there for about 25 minutes then got called to the desk where I was questioned in depth about my visit. Many of the questions were the same as I'd been asked at my visa interview in London, but some were specific to my plans and intentions for the visit I was making. I reckon this interview took about 20-25 minutes in total. They eventually stamped my passport and I-94 before allowing me to leave and proceed to the baggage claim.
Old Apr 18th 2012, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

marbella-james is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys, im new to the forum and have been reading this post with interest. I am in a similar position to some of you on here. Having had US visa´s before, i made the mistake of overstaying 2 weeks on my last one and foolishly walking in to customs to ask about it at the airport-the result was 3 weeks in a detention center and a VD. So now i need a wavier to go with the B1/B2 visa as advised by CBP in Rome; my question is this:-what documents do i need to take with me at the interview.
I live in spain and would be going back to the embassy in Madrid. I am also a UK passport holder.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.