Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Jun 13th 2012, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

multiwick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by GinGino
On the website it advises not to book prior to receiving confirmation, I doubt they will be any quicker than 25 weeks, the website is informing people that they will be very busy over the summer months due to the Olympics, so that is another reason for delay!
I wish you all the best, I know how it feels to wait.
How come the Belfast embassy kept the passport? I have never heard of that before.
We have been going for Visa's for 4 years now. each year they issue a 12 month visa waiver granted by DHS.

At the interview the Belfast consulate always keeps the passport then the Visa is stuck into the passport and posted back to us in the secure deliver envelope that we provide. every year it has come back within days of the interview date! Its only this year that it hasn't.
He wasnt told verbally at the interview that there was a delay this year. He has no further convictions and the date of his 1 and only conviction is in 1997(15 year ago). As we go on holiday to Florida every year we need to apply for visa each time.

He was told at the interview that 'he knows the process and his passport would be back soon', so we never thought any different from previous years. It was only when we were 8 weeks down the line that we contacted the consulate to ask why it hadnt been returned, it was then they tols us of the processing delay being 25 weeks. We waited until week 14 then requested the passport back. They told us it would not affect the application in any way, so we just now waiting for them to contact us to tell us the visa is ready and for us to send the passport back to Belfast.

Last edited by multiwick; Jun 13th 2012 at 3:42 pm.
Old Jun 13th 2012, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

bubble123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Im trying to remain hopefull but it really doesnt look good for this time. I know the websites states not to book anything untill you have the visa back. I honestley never thought there would be this kind of delay. I guess we just took a chance. Now we will have to wait & then perhaps change our travel plans. We could go before if we wanted to as his current visa doesnt expire untill august. I really wanted to go for my 30th in november. I just have to hope for a miracle.

Also like you we have been going for this will be his 4th now. We have allways had a wait of around 16 weeks. so i did expect that. I just have to really hope..
Old Jun 13th 2012, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

GinGino.. i saw your visa took 25 weeks to arrive, did it arrive before your intended date of travel? thanks..
Old Jun 14th 2012, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

multiwick is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bubble123
Im trying to remain hopefull but it really doesnt look good for this time. I know the websites states not to book anything untill you have the visa back. I honestley never thought there would be this kind of delay. I guess we just took a chance. Now we will have to wait & then perhaps change our travel plans. We could go before if we wanted to as his current visa doesnt expire untill august. I really wanted to go for my 30th in november. I just have to hope for a miracle.

Also like you we have been going for this will be his 4th now. We have allways had a wait of around 16 weeks. so i did expect that. I just have to really hope..

Do you go to the London embassy or the Belfast Consulate??? We normally go to Belfast but a couple of years back we went to London and they give his passport back and told him approx 16 weeks! As we never had 16 weeks to wait we contacted Belfast and they told us they had no delay so we booked and paid again and went to Belfast. They visa came back 3 days later! So each year after that, we just kept going to Belfast, but it seems they must now have the same delay as London!
Old Jun 14th 2012, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

Yes we go to London. We have allways had a wait but never been told this long. Last year we had the email after 12 weeks & that was in the summer. The guide line then was 14 - 16 weeks. So i try to remain slightly hopefull
Old Jun 17th 2012, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

GinGino has a spectacular aura aboutGinGino has a spectacular aura aboutGinGino has a spectacular aura about

Yeah the visa was granted before the travel date, we still haven't been yet.
We did apply in 2007 and ended up going without my husband because it wouldn't have been done in time so this year we applied a year in advance!
He got the visa in march and we don't go until august.
Can I ask what it's like going through immigration with a waiver of ineligibility? It's nerve wracking enough on the VWP

I hope you hear something soon, the wait is awful, good luck x
Old Jun 17th 2012, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.. Im glad it came before you travelled. We have entered at a few different airports over the years & its allways pretty much the same. We allways go to the immigration desk together, answer usual questions & then they allways send my husband of to another room. We both went in orlando & san francisco but in los angeles i had to wait out side. Never any problems, that just seems to be how they process it. They just ask the same questions & send us on our way.. and say Have a nice holiday!! They are allways nice & polite & we never have any troubles. So if they say you need to go over there & someone will normally walk you down, dont worry its normal.. Im glad someone made us aware of this before we travelled.. Just because i guess it can seem worrying why you have to go off to another room.. They never keep you too long either.. where are you going on holiday?
Old Jun 17th 2012, 10:42 pm
Forum Regular

GinGino has a spectacular aura aboutGinGino has a spectacular aura aboutGinGino has a spectacular aura about

We go to Orlando in august. When do you go? Do u think you have time to hear back before your date?
Old Jun 17th 2012, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

Forgot to say thanks for answering about immigration I hope everything is that straightforward for us !
Old Jun 18th 2012, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

Ah i love orlando.. thats on my list for next year.. we are hoping to go to new york for my 30th birthday in november.. I really hope we get the visa in time.. just a waiting game now.. fingers crossed.. If it doesnt come, will just have to change the date.. I just wish i knew, im excited anyway.. but there is allways that thought in the back of your mind!! still i will remain hopefull.. Im sure immigration will be the same for you.. others i have spoken to have said exactly the same with their experiences..
Old Jun 21st 2012, 4:40 pm
Just Joined

platypusfighter is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey all

I got an email today within a week asking for me to go to a second interview!

Has anyone else had that?
Old Jun 21st 2012, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

Hello,

Nope never had that.. what visa are you applying for?
Old Jun 21st 2012, 6:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

DavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bubble123
Hello,

Nope never had that.. what visa are you applying for?
It is for a B2 - Well that is whats mentioned earlier on in another post in this thread
Old Jun 21st 2012, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

Only a week since your interview? Never heard of that!
Do you have to pay the fee again?
Old Jun 21st 2012, 7:09 pm
Just Joined

platypusfighter is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GinGino
Only a week since your interview? Never heard of that!
Do you have to pay the fee again?
Oops! Sorry I meant within a month. Which from what I have heard is how long the Embassy takes to look at the Waiver bit!

And no I haven't had to pay again.

Last edited by platypusfighter; Jun 21st 2012 at 7:20 pm. Reason: Added a line

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.