Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Apr 20th 2011, 1:36 pm
bgs
Just Joined

bgs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Hi everyone

Could some people give me some advice on this:

My plan B (if it does not break any US laws) was to perhaps fly to Vancouver and cross by land down to Seattle, then take a domestic flight from Seattle to Las Vegas, then depart from Vegas airport back to London.

I noticed that ESTA is not required for land crossings, but would I be in violation of US law by attempting to do this. The last thing I want is to break any laws, but the various requirements seem to only relate to travel by air or sea?

Any advice on this would be most helpful.

Thank you.
Old Apr 20th 2011, 2:41 pm
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

That's a bad idea. You're simply not eligible for VWP travel because you need a waiver of inadmissibility. It is highly unlikely that you would receive a warm welcome.

As a side note, you are most likely ineligible to travel to Canada without their version of a waiver.

BTW, Were you ever denied ESTA before you sought the visa?
Old Apr 20th 2011, 3:02 pm
bgs
Just Joined

I was approved for ESTA travel approximately 2 years ago when it was free to apply. But now that my passport is in the system as one requiring a waiver I agree it would be a foolish attempt!

I did fully understand the requirements for land crossings.

Thanks crg for your advice
Old Apr 20th 2011, 3:19 pm
bgs
Just Joined

Hi everyone

Quick update, just received notification that the embassy are ready to issue the visa! Just about in time!
Old Jul 27th 2011, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

TranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond repute

They are proper wangers arnt they?

Pay so much for shite service, starting to think they really dont want us lol.

Im in exactly the same position. Previously issued a waiver in 2009 they gave me 6 months and 1 visit, which i didnt use.

Went for interview July 7th and was recommended for waiver and travelling on Sept 2nd.

I have emailed them multile times and all I get is the standard "leave us alone" response, no timescales nothing.

How long does it take for someone to pick up a piece of paper and tick a yes box in a computer ffs? My record is identical to when they granted a waiver 2 years ago.....

Anyway, BGS, how long after you got sent that "ready to issue" email did you have the visa and passport back in your hand? Assuming you arranged collection with DX secure the same day?

Thanks
Old Jul 27th 2011, 1:02 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Resonate
Previously issued a waiver in 2009 they gave me 6 months and 1 visit, which i didnt use.
Why did you apply for a waiver if you weren't going to use it?

How long does it take for someone to pick up a piece of paper and tick a yes box in a computer ffs? My record is identical to when they granted a waiver 2 years ago.
They probably think you're not going to bother using it this time also... so why should they make the effort?

Ian
Old Jul 27th 2011, 4:38 pm
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

They probably didn't have to ask DHS to issue the single entry visa for six months. They may have to ask this time, thus the delay.

Don't you wish that you didn't make the decision that lead to you being inadmissible without a waiver in the first place?
Old Jul 27th 2011, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

TranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't go because work commitments came up at the time. I also wasn't expecting a 6 month single visit visa after all the hoops you have to jump through let alone the expense. You go to embassy they sit you down for hours and treat you like shit schoolkid. It's ridiculous. Yes I do regret my past but were talking 20 years ago. You don't think about these things when your younger.

Anyway I wasn't here for a flaming I was here to ask OP what his turnaround time after email was.

I've sent them emails telling them we've spent nearly 4 grand on a hol and if its a realistic timescale so we can cancel now if it is and they simply don't give a shit replying stop bothering us. It's now putting a strain on my relationship.

My record has not changed nothing has changed so why can't they just tick the box?

Last time they emailed me asking why I didn't have travel dates. This time they email me saying I shouldn't have made travel dates. Which one do they want lol?
Old Jul 27th 2011, 7:41 pm
crg
American Expat

I didn't go because work commitments came up at the time. I also wasn't expecting a 6 month single visit visa after all the hoops you have to jump through let alone the expense. You go to embassy they sit you down for hours and treat you like shit schoolkid. It's ridiculous. Yes I do regret my past but were talking 20 years ago. You don't think about these things when your younger.

Anyway I wasn't here for a flaming I was here to ask OP what his turnaround time after email was.

I've sent them emails telling them we've spent nearly 4 grand on a hol and if its a realistic timescale so we can cancel now if it is and they simply don't give a shit replying stop bothering us. It's now putting a strain on my relationship.

My record has not changed nothing has changed so why can't they just tick the box?

Last time they emailed me asking why I didn't have travel dates. This time they email me saying I shouldn't have made travel dates. Which one do they want lol?
As I said in my prior post, they can often issue short term visas for old criminal records quickly, but subsequent visa applications may need to be sent back to the US for approval. That adds to the processing time. It's not uncommon for a second application to take longer than the first one because of that fact. Ideally, one should not book a trip until they have the visa in their hand, especially if they need a waiver of ineligibility.

I do wish you luck. I hope you do get the visa in time.
Old Jul 27th 2011, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks. No it went through exactly the same process last time. Problem is then I was in no rush
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

Jonsie25 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by bgs
Hi everyone

Quick update, just received notification that the embassy are ready to issue the visa! Just about in time!
Just been to the embassy myself, they have recommended a waiver and said due to holidays it will take 2 months

Told me i would receive an email, i take it its 2 months for the email then i have to send my passport off? How long did it take you to receive the email and how long once you sent your passport off to get it back?

i have applied for a work and tourist visa and left a letter with them from work explaining I'm going there in a months time,

Thanks in advance
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

I'm now month since my interview and not a dicky bird

I have emailed them and they don't seem to give a shot about my travel dates.

I think the 2 months is minus sending the passport which takes a further 15 days.

If I don't get confirmation in the next 2 weeks I'm simply not going and I've lost 4000 quid.

Can you keep me posted on any updates mate? Good luck.
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

Jonsie25 is on a distinguished road

I'm now month since my interview and not a dicky bird

I have emailed them and they don't seem to give a shot about my travel dates.

I think the 2 months is minus sending the passport which takes a further 15 days.

If I don't get confirmation in the next 2 weeks I'm simply not going and I've lost 4000 quid.

Can you keep me posted on any updates mate? Good luck.
Yes no problem, if you can do the same as well as you seem to be further down the line than me, also worrying is that they gave me the waiver sheet back without a reference number! Do you know if this is the same as the one they gave and put on the blue form, your call out number then a long number?

Good luck!
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

Think they call it a batch number. Is that the refusal form? Dunno if mine had one cos I chucked it away. I then found on there site a tracking thing. Giro non immigrant visas then administrative processing. There is a tracker PDF file. I emailed them and they gave me my batch number however they told me not to expect to see my case on there as with criminal records it's not classed as "administrative processing" ....
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

No it's not the same number. Batch number begins 21 or sommat and is about 15 numbers long.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.