Pet Peeves?

Old Nov 9th 2011, 3:45 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Peeves?

Originally Posted by Bob
Plus unless they already have your DNA, they won't be able to pin you shitting in all their draws before you leave

Don't need to, a couple of mice got in from the field next door and took care of that for me
Old Nov 9th 2011, 12:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

AlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of light

Oooh....HATE when I join a line and the one BESIDE me goes faster...grrrrr
Old Nov 9th 2011, 1:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Egg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=SultanOfSwing;9722060]

Don't need to, a couple of mice got in from the field next door and took care of that for me [/QUOTE

Have finally caught up reading this thread - great galloping good luck on your interview, Sultan.......sorry, I haven't heard from my cousin yet. Hope it's 'cause he's really busy and not 'cause he's ignoring me.
Old Nov 9th 2011, 1:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Egg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
My husband used to work with a guy who always referred to children as 'kiddiewinkies'. He even used the term when delivering learned talks on paediatric topics
I've only heard it as "kiddiewinkLes! Maybe his term was really a Freudian slip and he was thinking of them all as "little pricks"?
Old Nov 9th 2011, 1:25 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Egg and Cress
I've only heard it as "kiddiewinkLes! Maybe his term was really a Freudian slip and he was thinking of them all as "little pricks"?
I've heard the term kiddiewinkies when I was growing up in the UK.
Old Nov 9th 2011, 1:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Egg and Cress
I've heard that term as well...
Old Nov 9th 2011, 1:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Roundabouts in the US. Death traps because no-one has a f***ing clue.
I have to agree with you there, Sally. Its almost hilarious when you come up to one and watch the other drivers (because you are definitely watching the other drivers to see what they are going to do!)

I think roundabouts are a great idea. They never bothered me in the UK and I think they should use them more here.
Old Nov 9th 2011, 1:37 pm
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Roundabouts in the US. Death traps because no-one has a f***ing clue.
Exactly. If they implemented them everywhere in the US now, it would still probably take the americans 3 generations to learn how to use them.
Old Nov 9th 2011, 1:48 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid
Exactly. If they implemented them everywhere in the US now, it would still probably take the americans 3 generations to learn how to use them.

For crying out loud.....give it a rest with the superiority.
Old Nov 9th 2011, 2:12 pm
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
For crying out loud.....give it a rest with the superiority.
It's nothing to do with superiority. We have 2 roundabouts in our area that have been there as long as I've been here, and they still can't work out how to use them. Using them is like playing a game of russian roulette with just 1 shell removed.
Why don't you bring your Harley over and try riding them for a laugh?
Old Nov 9th 2011, 2:21 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid
It's nothing to do with superiority. We have 2 roundabouts in our area that have been there as long as I've been here, and they still can't work out how to use them. Using them is like playing a game of russian roulette with just 1 shell removed.
Why don't you bring your Harley over and try riding them for a laugh?
Yes you were....I think the "three generation" statement was the clue!
Old Nov 9th 2011, 2:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
I have to agree with you there, Sally. Its almost hilarious when you come up to one and watch the other drivers (because you are definitely watching the other drivers to see what they are going to do!)

I think roundabouts are a great idea. They never bothered me in the UK and I think they should use them more here.
I totally agree - and I had no problem with them in the UK either! What a way to keep traffic moving - not to mention the chance to go back round if you miss your turn! However, I can only imagine what the roundabouts would look like if they put any in Memphis! Especially if there were no schooling in how to make one's way through them. OMG
Old Nov 9th 2011, 2:35 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

If anyone can demonstrate to me the purpose of those godawful mini-roundabouts that amount to nothing more than a T-junction with a big mound of white paint in the middle, that'd be nice ...
Old Nov 9th 2011, 2:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

AlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of lightAlienUk is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
If anyone can demonstrate to me the purpose of those godawful mini-roundabouts that amount to nothing more than a T-junction with a big mound of white paint in the middle, that'd be nice ...
So you can get an unwanted car written off by the collection of idiots that use them? LOL
Old Nov 9th 2011, 2:47 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by AlienUk
So you can get an unwanted car written off by the collection of idiots that use them? LOL
I always thought it was so the DoE could use up their remaining budget and get full funding for the following year ...

Back where I used to live they put them at the end of almost every bloody street. Streets that didn't even need traffic lights . How they thought that'd be better than a 'Give Way' sign I'll never know!

Now big roundabouts on main roads and motorway interchanges, those I understand.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.