Pet Peeves?

Old Nov 9th 2011, 3:03 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Peeves?

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
For crying out loud.....give it a rest with the superiority.
It's true though. We have a couple near us...when driving around the roundabout drivers stop to give way to people entering the roundabout.
Old Nov 9th 2011, 3:07 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
It's true though. We have a couple near us...when driving around the roundabout drivers stop to give way to people entering the roundabout.
Now that would drive me nuts beyond belief. We don't have any down our way, but we encountered a few in Wisconsin. Nobody knows how to indicate correctly on them, or use the right lane, so you're constantly having to guess where they're going.

Having said that, some daft bint once drove into me (in my mum's car) in a roundabout in Carrick, because seemingly she didn't realise that the fact that I was indicating my intent to leave the roundabout at the exit after hers meant that I was intending to leave the roundabout at the exit after hers. Apparently, she was intending to go off at three o'clock (from her perspective) from the left lane
Old Nov 9th 2011, 3:10 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Now that would drive me nuts beyond belief. We don't have any down our way, but we encountered a few in Wisconsin. Nobody knows how to indicate correctly on them, or use the right lane, so you're constantly having to guess where they're going.

Having said that, some daft bint once drove into me (in my mum's car) in a roundabout in Carrick, because seemingly she didn't realise that the fact that I was indicating my intent to leave the roundabout at the exit after hers meant that I was intending to leave the roundabout at the exit after hers. Apparently, she was intending to go off at three o'clock (from her perspective) from the left lane
Yup...there are plenty of people in the UK that can't use them properly. The mini roundabouts in the UK are a laugh...most people just drive straight over them.
Old Nov 9th 2011, 3:15 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Yup...there are plenty of people in the UK that can't use them properly. The mini roundabouts in the UK are a laugh...most people just drive straight over them.
That's what I usually did on the mini ones as well. I was otherwise pretty anal about how I used the bigger ones, though
Old Nov 9th 2011, 3:27 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

But if they were the norm all over the country, in every state, in every county then people would get used to them. There are none around here at all so if you travel elsewhere and come across one having never seen one before then it's confusing.

I can understand being "peeved" about it. I just don't like the constant nit picking....
Old Nov 9th 2011, 3:33 pm
I have a comma problem

But if they were the norm all over the country, in every state, in every county then people would get used to them.
I admire your optimism, but have you ever been on a roundabout back home that didn't have some dickhead trying to go all the way round in the left lane, or who doesn't indicate correctly?

Shite driving is universal.
Old Nov 9th 2011, 3:41 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

I admire your optimism, but have you ever been on a roundabout back home that didn't have some dickhead trying to go all the way round in the left lane, or who doesn't indicate correctly?

Shite driving is universal.

That's true So you are proving my point then, it's not just people in the states is it??
Old Nov 9th 2011, 3:45 pm
I have a comma problem

That's true So you are proving my point then, it's not just people in the states is it??
Not entirely, no.

It's the people in the place you live at the time that'll annoy you. At the moment I couldn't care less that there are probably a line of cars on the Sandyknowes Roundabout that are in the wong lane for the A8(M), but the asinine twats that can't understand a four-way stop on the way to the babysitter piss me off no-end.
Old Nov 9th 2011, 4:07 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

Not entirely, no.

It's the people in the place you live at the time that'll annoy you. At the moment I couldn't care less that there are probably a line of cars on the Sandyknowes Roundabout that are in the wong lane for the A8(M), but the asinine twats that can't understand a four-way stop on the way to the babysitter piss me off no-end.
My invisible .50 cal machine gun takes care of people like that. It's so hard to let it go but shouting DAGA-DAGA-DAGA-KABOOM really makes me feel better and I'm sure anyone who see's me doing it will back the **** off.
Old Nov 9th 2011, 4:13 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by MrEmjoy
My invisible .50 cal machine gun takes care of people like that. It's so hard to let it go but shouting DAGA-DAGA-DAGA-KABOOM really makes me feel better and I'm sure anyone who see's me doing it will back the **** off.
That's a good one
Old Nov 9th 2011, 4:36 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

But if they were the norm all over the country, in every state, in every county then people would get used to them. There are none around here at all so if you travel elsewhere and come across one having never seen one before then it's confusing.

I can understand being "peeved" about it. I just don't like the constant nit picking....

It's what we do best.
Old Nov 9th 2011, 5:27 pm
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

It's what we do best.
And that's why it's called the pet peeves thread. People that don't like what's posted on the pet peeves thread just because it's "superior", are one of my pet peeves too.
Old Nov 9th 2011, 5:33 pm
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

I always thought it was so the DoE could use up their remaining budget and get full funding for the following year ...

Back where I used to live they put them at the end of almost every bloody street. Streets that didn't even need traffic lights . How they thought that'd be better than a 'Give Way' sign I'll never know!

Now big roundabouts on main roads and motorway interchanges, those I understand.
It's got to be better than a traffic light at every bloody junction, like there is here.
Pet peeve- having a traffic light that only ever stays green long enough to let two cars across the road, so you can sit there for 2 minutes at red light with a perfectly clear road either side of you, as you wait for the effing light to turn green again just so you can cross "safely". It's bollox.
Old Nov 9th 2011, 5:52 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

I thought you were OK to drive over them, they are for the flow of traffic, and dictate the order of entry, not there to make you drive around them.
Old Nov 9th 2011, 6:05 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid
And that's why it's called the pet peeves thread. People that don't like what's posted on the pet peeves thread just because it's "superior", are one of my pet peeves too.
The thread nor the subject are superior as well you know. You just have to twist everything around to suit you and your obvious dislike of anything American.

But, whatever.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.