Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Let's talk about cars

Let's talk about cars

Old Dec 8th 2016, 1:49 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let's talk about cars

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Yeah, I'd forgotten about that one.

My daughter was telling me yesterday that now she's got one of her friends watching Top Gear. They are 6.
Little Miss P is a big fan (she's nine), and has been for several years. We sat and watched the "driving to the north pole" episode last Saturday.
Old Dec 8th 2016, 1:52 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Little Miss P is a big fan (she's nine), and has been for several years. We sat and watched the "driving to the north pole" episode last Saturday.
That's a great one, too.

My son and I watched it together from the first time they started showing it on BBC America and my wife got into it just after, but it's only really now my daughter's started actually paying attention to it. Every day when she gets home from school she asks if I'll put Top gear on for her. This is probably by far her favourite clip:

Old Dec 8th 2016, 2:01 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

This is probably by far her favourite clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uj_QHWvKfs
Classic episode.
Old Dec 8th 2016, 2:03 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek
Classic episode.
Yeah. My favourite part of that one is Hammond's freak out in the car at night. "Something's beeping at me ..."

Though my wife and I were watching the Alfa special last night and both of us were pissing ourselves when Clarkson declares all deadpan "I can't look at the front of that or I get sexually excited", and May just stands there staring at him.
Old Dec 8th 2016, 2:08 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah. My favourite part of that one is Hammond's freak out in the car at night. "Something's beeping at me ..."

Though my wife and I were watching the Alfa special last night and both of us were pissing ourselves when Clarkson declares all deadpan "I can't look at the front of that or I get sexually excited", and May just stands there staring at him.

Comparing the cars with the adverts they bought them from.
Old Dec 8th 2016, 2:09 pm
I have a comma problem

Comparing the cars with the adverts they bought them from.
It said mine was blue
Old Dec 8th 2016, 2:11 pm

It said mine was blue
Best. Show. Ever.
Old Dec 8th 2016, 2:11 pm
I have a comma problem

Best. Show. Ever.
I would have to agree.
Old Dec 9th 2016, 12:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute

This week's episode of The Grand Tour is great! Nothing will ever be as good as the old stuff but this comes close. The film is a wonderful return to the challenges we all know and love and there's a great dig at Chris Evans and the new TG when...

Spoiler:
“I’m trying to think of a metaphor, for someone who’s really tried their hardest with something, and it hasn’t worked” (to which the crowd immediately begins to chuckle as the three hosts shake their heads trying to come up with something)…. nope nothing’s coming to mind.”

Funny stuff!
Old Dec 31st 2016, 4:12 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

So the beach buggy episode is by far the best thing in the new series. More of that and less of the contrived studio bollocks and we'll be good.
Old Dec 31st 2016, 4:20 pm

I've stopped watching.

The painful, forced studio crap was too much for me.
Old Dec 31st 2016, 4:23 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

I've stopped watching.

The painful, forced studio crap was too much for me.
Watch the beach buggy episodes, there's none of the studio stuff.
Old Dec 31st 2016, 4:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

This was me getting a bit close to the trio. I had tickets and you can see me on this episode. unfortunately it was the prius episode. i wish I could find a way of saving the episode on my computer.

Old Jan 1st 2017, 5:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrken30
This was me getting a bit close to the trio. I had tickets and you can see me on this episode. unfortunately it was the prius episode. i wish I could find a way of saving the episode on my computer.

https://youtu.be/F04MXepYiBs
If you use Firefox, you can install a plugin called 'Video DownloadHelper' for free and it will create local copies of just about anything you can find on YouTube. I've been using it for years with success. I'm not sure if it will save copyrighted material, but you can try. Start off, though, with some random home-made stuff to make sure it works, then move on to (eg) this show.

There may be other solutions, and they may work in other browsers, but my experience has been with this specific combo.
Old Jan 10th 2017, 7:26 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Ford Bronco, coming back then...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.