Reload this Page >

Duggar Wedding Show Last Night

Duggar Wedding Show Last Night

Old Feb 12th 2009, 8:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation
Default Re: Duggar Wedding Show Last Night

Originally Posted by Leslie66
I can testify to his physique being adequate.
and some women suffer in silence.....
Old Feb 20th 2009, 10:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Oh please. They are nearly as bad. Kate has found GOD in all caps no less. Even with all the money they earn from talk shows, photo ops, and their own show and merchandise, they have the gall to go to different churches on Sunday and pass a collection plate and charge $20 for an signed photo of the family.

I want to take that twin, Maddy, and sit her in the time out corner for 24 hours or years until she gets over herself.

And now they are talking about adopting a child from an undeveloped country. The only glitch in their plans is that they have too many children and the agency feels they cannot devote enough quality time to raise an adopted child.
Did you know that Kate had written in the contract for the new season, she will NOT allow Maddy to be shown "in a negative light" Haven't seen maddy at all this season! little brat!
I didn't know, until I started reading "blogs" on the show ( I know, I have no life) that neither of them work any more, they earn enough from the show and appearances, sponsorship etc, they don't have too, "Jon and Kate plus 8" is now a Very profitable business!!
I used to love watching the show, but now I tend to notice all the "advertising" they do on there, like the new "whirlpool" washers/dryers, that they got for free!
Old Feb 21st 2009, 12:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Englishtart
Did you know that Kate had written in the contract for the new season, she will NOT allow Maddy to be shown "in a negative light" Haven't seen maddy at all this season! little brat!
I didn't know, until I started reading "blogs" on the show ( I know, I have no life) that neither of them work any more, they earn enough from the show and appearances, sponsorship etc, they don't have too, "Jon and Kate plus 8" is now a Very profitable business!!
I used to love watching the show, but now I tend to notice all the "advertising" they do on there, like the new "whirlpool" washers/dryers, that they got for free!
Yea, exploiting kids is BIG business these days......
Old Feb 21st 2009, 2:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Taffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishtart
I wondered why Maddy had disappeared I never saw the kid behave so I guess you won't be seeing much of her then. Must admit I can't stand Kate- she's something else! its a wonder all the kids aren't neurotic. But I do enjoy her husbands little digs now and then. It was a cute show when the kids were babies and curiosity about how the heck they managed. But its past its sell by date for me now.
Old Feb 21st 2009, 2:28 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Taffyles
I wondered why Maddy had disappeared I never saw the kid behave so I guess you won't be seeing much of her then. Must admit I can't stand Kate- she's something else! its a wonder all the kids aren't neurotic. But I do enjoy her husbands little digs now and then. It was a cute show when the kids were babies and curiosity about how the heck they managed. But its past its sell by date for me now.

I agree with you. I've stopped watching the show myself. Her brother's comment that they need all the money they can get because they have to think about funding their 8 children's college education hence the reason why they charge $20 for an autographed photo of the brood at church services. They just built a million dollar home in Pennsylvania and yet neither of the kids of their own room. Yup, the show is past its prime.

Another show that is off my list if the Little People, Big World show on TLC. What a wasted family that one is. The kids are nasty pieces of work and back talk their parents, are dirty and slovenly. She doesn't know the meaning of a clean house. In one episode they had to muck out the boys' room and had to put everything into a storage pod so that they could redo it. Then they turned around and built a new home only to have it look as filthy as the old one did.
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 12:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Taffyles
Yeah, it has started to get pretty "wierd", I agree though, Jon has a very dry and sarcastic way of "getting his own back", have to admit, I still watch it, was talking to a friend last night about it, she was telling me that they have a full time nanny and full time chef, all paid for by the tv company! I guess that most people would take it if offered, but I really do think there is a big difference between what they get (or take) and what the "little people big World" family get.
I have to disagree with the other post (imho) the Roloffs have gotten better, their new house seems a lot tidier these days and the kids also seem to be less disrespectful, apart from the occasional squabble. I just love Amy, she is so calm when Matt has those crazy invention ideas!
huggies kim x
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 12:34 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I think Amy has SO come into her own! She rules. We've been talking about going out to their place sometime (it's nearby). Matt was one of my dad's clients back in the when.. I think he's a marvelous dreamer.. look what he's attained! They were dead ass broke not all that long ago, and who would've though it.
Their kids have really grown on me.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 2:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

bevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond repute

When they showed the boys room before the addition on LPBW I had to laugh, my boys had the same "decorating style".
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 2:39 pm
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

????? Confused??????

These shows don't really exist, do they?
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 2:50 pm
Thought is free.

indigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by paddingtongreen
????? Confused??????

These shows don't really exist, do they?
I'm afraid they do.
The thing is, you happen to accidently come by them while flicking through the channels and before you know it , you're glued to the whole bloody series:curse:
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 3:40 pm
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by indigoblue
I'm afraid they do.
The thing is, you happen to accidently come by them while flicking through the channels and before you know it , you're glued to the whole bloody series:curse:
I went off to research the Duggars. When I say "Holy Shit!", I mean it, literally.

Question. Is it legal to bind oneself into bondage (I corrected a typo there, it came out as bongdage the first time), I'm thinking of it as indentured servitude, but for the rest of the bride's life, not for a fixed term as in paying off a debt.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 3:52 pm
Thought is free.

indigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by paddingtongreen
I went off to research the Duggars. When I say "Holy Shit!", I mean it, literally.

Question. Is it legal to bind oneself into bondage (I corrected a typo there, it came out as bongdage the first time), I'm thinking of it as indentured servitude, but for the rest of the bride's life, not for a fixed term as in paying off a debt.
I think you may have been right the first time around
As long as the bride said her vows voluntarily and without any pressure, I guess it is legal.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 4:49 pm
Ginger Monkey

Gingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by indigoblue
I think you may have been right the first time around
As long as the bride said her vows voluntarily and without any pressure, I guess it is legal.
It's true, there was no outright pressure, but I wonder if she would have made the same decision if her environment had been different? Of course she wouldn't have! The pressure on her was constant, but still very much there. No-one forced her down the aisle against her will, but she had already been brainwashed into thinking that this way of life is acceptable for women.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 5:06 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gingerert
It's true, there was no outright pressure, but I wonder if she would have made the same decision if her environment had been different? Of course she wouldn't have! The pressure on her was constant, but still very much there. No-one forced her down the aisle against her will, but she had already been brainwashed into thinking that this way of life is acceptable for women.
Couldn't you say the same about any of us though? We're all products of our various sub-cultures, and make our choices based on that. Is is a coincidence that my sister n' I and our 2 half brothers, have no children? That we married late/not at all?
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 5:10 pm
Thought is free.

Originally Posted by gingerert
You are absolutely right and had she been brought up differently, she probably would not have found any of this acceptable.
I think when you are brought up in such a stict and confined way, its just easier to go with the flo instead of speaking up and rocking the boat and possibly being booted out of the community

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.