Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Duggar Wedding Show Last Night

Duggar Wedding Show Last Night

Old Feb 11th 2009, 12:55 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Duggar Wedding Show Last Night

Well the family of 18 has married off their eldest child, Jason, last night to a young lady from another member of their church/religion who also has upteem brothers and sisters. Each and every sibling from both families were members of the bridal party, right down to the babies being towed as flower girls in a decorated radio flyer wagon.

It was very interesting to hear/read the ceremony. I used the closed caption function to be sure not to miss anything. I sat there reading and thought to myself, "Self, I bet there are a lot of women out there watching this that want to put their foot through the screen."

Wow, the things vowed to in that ceremony would make an athestists hair stand on end. Did you know that one of the husband's roles is to be the religious teacher to his wife and she is to consider him the head of their family and family church. And she had to vow to accept as many children that God has chosen to give her without complaint.

They remained chaste until after being pronounced husband and wife and then they shared their first kiss. They kissed a lot during the reception which was devoid of dancing and hard drink. Unless they were acting for the camera, the happy newlyweds looked very eager for their marriage bed.

May they go forth and multiple.
Old Feb 11th 2009, 1:34 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Duggar Wedding Show Last Night

Originally Posted by Rete
Well the family of 18 has married off their eldest child, Jason, last night to a young lady from another member of their church/religion who also has upteem brothers and sisters. Each and every sibling from both families were members of the bridal party, right down to the babies being towed as flower girls in a decorated radio flyer wagon.

It was very interesting to hear/read the ceremony. I used the closed caption function to be sure not to miss anything. I sat there reading and thought to myself, "Self, I bet there are a lot of women out there watching this that want to put their foot through the screen."

Wow, the things vowed to in that ceremony would make an athestists hair stand on end. Did you know that one of the husband's roles is to be the religious teacher to his wife and she is to consider him the head of their family and family church. And she had to vow to accept as many children that God has chosen to give her without complaint.

They remained chaste until after being pronounced husband and wife and then they shared their first kiss. They kissed a lot during the reception which was devoid of dancing and hard drink. Unless they were acting for the camera, the happy newlyweds looked very eager for their marriage bed.

May they go forth and multiple.
Thankfully I missed that show.
Old Feb 11th 2009, 1:45 pm
Resident Sillycow

mellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond repute

wow
Old Feb 11th 2009, 1:58 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Good for them. Whatever works...
Old Feb 11th 2009, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

Pennywell has a brilliant futurePennywell has a brilliant futurePennywell has a brilliant futurePennywell has a brilliant futurePennywell has a brilliant futurePennywell has a brilliant future

They seem to be financially sound, so why the TV programme when they openly admit to not letting their children watch it? At first look they give the impression of being a loving family but I do think their motivation is to teach the heathen masses about "God's will". The wedding was really excrutiatingly painful, what an arrogant little you know what, the groom is.
I do understand some people's desire to remain a virgin until their wedding night but no kissing.. puhlease.
Unless I was completely convinced that my girls wanted to get married at age 20, we would be having serious talks. I know many young people marry and it is all happily ever after, great but I want mine to be able to become independant for a few years.
Old Feb 11th 2009, 2:52 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pennywell
They seem to be financially sound, so why the TV programme when they openly admit to not letting their children watch it? At first look they give the impression of being a loving family but I do think their motivation is to teach the heathen masses about "God's will". The wedding was really excrutiatingly painful, what an arrogant little you know what, the groom is.
I do understand some people's desire to remain a virgin until their wedding night but no kissing.. puhlease.
Unless I was completely convinced that my girls wanted to get married at age 20, we would be having serious talks. I know many young people marry and it is all happily ever after, great but I want mine to be able to become independant for a few years.
I have an 8 year old daughter. I was just asking my Wife last night if she knew the legal minimum age for marriage in Missouri.
Old Feb 11th 2009, 2:55 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Missed that show thank God. I was watching the other "dog show," - Westminster that is!
Old Feb 11th 2009, 2:57 pm
Unmitigated Gall

Originally Posted by Mallory
Missed that show thank God. I was watching the other "dog show," - Westminster that is!
"Best in Show" is a movie that I enjoyed.
Old Feb 11th 2009, 3:08 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
I have an 8 year old daughter. I was just asking my Wife last night if she knew the legal minimum age for marriage in Missouri.
That bad eh?
Originally Posted by Mallory

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Feb 11th 2009 at 3:16 pm. Reason: typo
Old Feb 11th 2009, 3:16 pm
Unmitigated Gall

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
That bad en?
En. She's crazy.
Old Feb 11th 2009, 3:18 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

They should rename the show "The Nutter's" ...

Batshit crazy - the whole bunch of them.
Old Feb 11th 2009, 3:21 pm
Resident Sillycow

mellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond repute

Give me Jon and Kate anyday
Old Feb 11th 2009, 3:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

How about the part where the Anna's (the bride) father hands over authority to her new husband... what the hell?

I had the word obey removed from my wedding vows because I knew it was a promise I would not be able to keep
Old Feb 11th 2009, 3:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
I sat there reading and thought to myself, "Self, I bet there are a lot of women out there watching this that want to put their foot through the screen."
There is at least one woman here who felt like that... my hubby had great fun winding me up with it though!
Old Feb 11th 2009, 3:35 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

But don't miss The Exterminators on A&E tonite

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.