Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Duggar Wedding Show Last Night

Duggar Wedding Show Last Night

Old Apr 13th 2009, 1:25 pm
Thought is free.

indigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant future
Default Re: Duggar Wedding Show Last Night

Heard on the news that Anna and Josh Duggar, are expecting their first baby.
At least they won't have to worry about babysitters!
Old Apr 13th 2009, 1:27 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by indigoblue
Heard on the news that Anna and Josh Duggar, are expecting their first baby.
At least they won't have to worry about babysitters!

They are airing that episode this evening I believe. The commercial for the show tonight shows Anna with a home pregnancy kit. Guess Josh had enough info to make good after the first kiss while on their honeymoon
Old Apr 13th 2009, 1:32 pm
Thought is free.

indigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Rete
They are airing that episode this evening I believe. The commercial for the show tonight shows Anna with a home pregnancy kit. Guess Josh had enough info to make good after the first kiss while on their honeymoon
He certainly did!
She is only 3 months along - I don't think I would be comfortable sharing that kind of news with the whole world so early on in the pregnancy.
Old Apr 13th 2009, 1:37 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

He certainly did!
She is only 3 months along - I don't think I would be comfortable sharing that kind of news with the whole world so early on in the pregnancy.

My stepson in Halifax married an older woman with grown daughters. The daughters have children and our grandson was made an uncle when he was only 8 years old.

The Duggars are going to be doing the same thing it seems and grandma will still be having kids along with her daughter-in-law. Going to be strange to have aunts and uncles younger than their nieces and nephews.
Old Apr 13th 2009, 2:06 pm
Thought is free.

Originally Posted by Rete
My stepson in Halifax married an older woman with grown daughters. The daughters have children and our grandson was made an uncle when he was only 8 years old.
The Duggars are going to be doing the same thing it seems and grandma will still be having kids along with her daughter-in-law. Going to be strange to have aunts and uncles younger than their nieces and nephews.
I bet your grandson felt all grown up being called uncle!
Old Apr 13th 2009, 2:59 pm
Concierge

He did and his father was not happy with being a grandfather at 42 though.

My problem with tonight's show is that it co-incides with Dancing with the Stars. But I know there will be repeats of it over the week.
Old Apr 13th 2009, 3:45 pm
Twice half his height

Knight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe Kate/Duggar wifey enjoy the sex and having kids?

I think the shows are rubbish, and I only catch glimpses when the OH watches. They are not harming me or my family so I couldn't give a flying one what they get up to.

The lifestyle and religion of the Duggar's may not be everyone's cup of tea, but that's life. You may see it as brain washing for the females to accept their religion as the norm, but isn't it just as bad to say they shouldn't be into all that jazz because it doesn't go along with what you perceive to be right and proper?

Maybe they do exploit their kids, but I'm sure if they were doing anything illegal something would have been done about it.

If you don't agree with it then don't follow their way of life and their religion and don't watch their shows I guess.
Old Apr 13th 2009, 3:52 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

He certainly did!
How long were they married before it was aired on tv?

This thread to say the wedding was on was only started in February and now she's already 3 months pregnant.
Old Apr 13th 2009, 3:55 pm
The Wee Wifey

LynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud of

I've just discovered this thread, so a bit late. We don't have TV so don't watch any of the programmes. I do know about the Duggars though. I know it is probably really difficult for people to understand their choices, as it is no longer the social norm. However it is not just because of upbringing.

Both my husband and myself grew up in liberal, not very religious homes, yet as adults we agree with most of what the Duggars stand for. In my wedding vows I chose to include the vow to obey, and do it every day. I believe my husband is the head of our home and the spiritual authority in it too, even though I am the one with the Theology Degree. I am very blessed to have a husband who believes in being the leader in the family. It might seems like servitude to those looking in, but to me it is freedom to be the person I was made to be.

It is not about inequality either. We believe, as do the Duggars and others of like faith, that as male and female we are created as equals in worth and value, but with different roles within the family. I know many families like the Duggars, just not with quite so many children, and they are the most genuinely contented and respectful children I have ever met, a big difference to the rest of society where most children are selfish and whiney, with no respect for anyone else.

Accepting any/all the children God gives also include accepting none if none are given. Not everyone who is open to as many children as God gives ends up with 18 children, some only have a few and some never have any. It is really about trusting God with our future rather than trying to control it ourselves.

Their lifestyle may not suit others, but that's the joy of living in a free country. We can all chose for ourselves how we will live, none of us are brainwashed or controlled by another human being.
Old Apr 13th 2009, 3:57 pm
The Wee Wifey

LynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
How long were they married before it was aired on tv?

This thread to say the wedding was on was only started in February and now she's already 3 months pregnant.
The show aired in February, but I think they were married last October.
Old Apr 13th 2009, 4:06 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LynannC
The show aired in February, but I think they were married last October.
That gives them enough time to be 3 months pregnant then ............... but not much time to settle into life living together (or have a year or more of fun) before throwing a baby into the mix.
Old Apr 13th 2009, 4:11 pm
The Wee Wifey

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
That gives them enough time to be 3 months pregnant then ............... but not much time to settle into life living together (or have a year or more of fun) before throwing a baby into the mix.
Since they are already 3 months pregnant I think they are definitely having fun. Having children doesn't mean you can't have fun anymore, it just changes they dynamics a bit.
Old Apr 13th 2009, 4:13 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Knight
Maybe Kate/Duggar wifey enjoy the sex and having kids?

If you don't agree with it then don't follow their way of life and their religion and don't watch their shows I guess.

HUH?

Who are you directing this rant to?

BTW Kate has only had two viable pregnancies. One results in twins and the other in sextuplets.

Last edited by Rete; Apr 13th 2009 at 4:16 pm.
Old Apr 13th 2009, 4:16 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by LynannC
Since they are already 3 months pregnant I think they are definitely having fun. Having children doesn't mean you can't have fun anymore, it just changes they dynamics a bit.

Actually it is part of their religious belief and was actually said as part of the wedding ceremony. The wife agrees to accept as many children as God grants her.

They do truly believe in their religion and practice it willingly. It might not be right for most people but for those that wish to believe and practice, it is fine. The children appear to be well adjusted. The Duggars don't take public funds and are self-supporting and while they might in some people's opinion exploit their children and themselves by becoming a television series, again it is their choice and helps pay the bills.
Old Apr 13th 2009, 4:18 pm

I know, I meant that they haven't had much time to be alone and really settle down into life as a couple or even travel or anything before that baby comes along.....

Mind you, by all accounts they have both lived with big enough families for so long. Maybe time alone might have been a blessing for them - or maybe not. They are probably more used to the constant to-ing and fro-ing of people than most families and it won't be the first time they'll have to deal with a stinking nappy, teething and all the rest of it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.