2020 Election

Old Apr 25th 2020, 1:21 am
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2020 Election

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Nah, it's all good, he was simply being sarcastic . Ignoring the fact he has no clue what sarcasm is or when it's a suitable time to use it.
So we can now add sarcasm to lying, exagerating, making it all up and general frothing at the mouth blubbering to that list of excuses he'll use when trying to claim that this particular madman didn't say what the world heard him say.
It's about time that those, who should know better, speak up and tell him a few home truths, perhaps his best mate Giuliani could step in but he's developed a convenient 'lost in action' malady somewhere.

Old Apr 25th 2020, 1:37 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

'I'm Proud To Select Hillary Clinton As My Running Mate,' Says Joe Biden While Covered In Laser Dots
Old Apr 25th 2020, 6:40 am
Banned

UkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond repute

Please tell me it's not so? I heard that the Donald did not take questions today because he realized bad press is not really good compare to normal sane press coverage. It would be horrible if Trump were to decide not to take over most of his daily press conferences. America needs Donald to keep speaking and giving his medical expertise that only he knows how to express.

Who I most feel for is Dr Birx that poor woman resembled a person being held in a hostage video. She looked so uncomfortable when "President"?(Really? Possible error) Donald Trump asked her to agree with his hypothesis that getting light into a victim's body suffering from coronavirus could be useful. That woman with a medical degree had to sit there and nod her head when a confused old man tried to sell the usefulness of ingesting disinfectant. I still admire Dr Birx despite how often Trump roles over her she still hangs in there to keep crazy from getting crazier. She could have taken her ball left the court and went home a long time ago. But she is putting the country first. Btw, I give Trump two days before he reengages and gives press conference like no other. I.think it's time Joe Biden start measuring drapes for the oval office!
Old Apr 25th 2020, 7:10 am
Banned

UkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond reputeUkWinds5353 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
You've said this several times. Didn't Obama win re-election with a smaller share of the vote than from his first time around? Why does a sitting President have to grow his base; he simply has to win.

Update - Obama 2008: 52.9 %; Obama 2012: 51.1%
I wrote a detailed post about this subject back in sept but to surmise the fine points I'll say this. Every President running for re-election will lose support from previous voters. Happens to every candidate including the most popular such as Ronald Reagan and Obama. But to make up for those losses it's important to reach new supporters in every election cycle. You have to reach out and ask for the vote of each and every voter that could possibly be open to supporting you. And you do so with your policies. Trump does not do that and in fact he tailors his policies to turn off a large segment of the population. Growing your base does not mean you will keep a 100% share of your previous victory. It simply offsets losses you will certainly suffer once some of your supporters become disenchanted because the candidate is more/less in-line with policies they favor or oppose. Example, Obama was not as liberal as some supporters hoped he would be. Instead he was liberal in some circumstances and moderate in others. But Obama was able to win both his elections in blowout results.

Last edited by UkWinds5353; Apr 25th 2020 at 7:13 am.
Old Apr 25th 2020, 9:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pejp
This is the thing I find hardest to understand. I just cannot comprehend how anyone could listen to him speak, and think there is a dynamic sharp mind operating behind these words. I'll paraphrase a podcast I listen to, but when people speak, you're getting a window into their mind. From a general intelligence perspective, it's not possible that somebody can sound like a 12 year old, with an incredibly limited vocabulary, but actually be really smart. Smart people simply do not talk like that. Smart people are capable of understanding complex concepts, and expressing nuanced views. Trump clearly can't do that. He'll repeat the same thing in 3 different ways, each time just as simplistic and mindless. It's not possible that he's actually a genius behind closed doors, he is having to confront the reality that simply talking about himself incessantly will not be enough this time.

It's difficult to even debate his performance so far. He's 'graded on a curve' to such a ridiculous extent. We're not seeing a level of incompetence which is absurd for a President, we're seeing a level of incompetence that would be absurd for the average person, so any debate that starts with the premise that his suitability for the presidency is an open question, is just a non-starter. It's like someone asking to debate if the world is flat or not. He should't be in charge of a local walmart, never mind the Presidency. I'm not being hyperbolic when I say that if I walked down the street right now, I'd expect the first person I saw to be more capable than he is. He is someone who simply doesn't have the mental capacity to understand the implications of his words and actions, because the only thing that motivates him is his own insecurity.
+ He's emboldened by a large group off "arse kisses"
Who worship the ground he walks on
Jared his Wife have gone into hiding
Old Apr 25th 2020, 10:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

It's been reported that one off the many companies Trump has a financial interest in ,has borrowed ten's off Millions USA Dollars from a Chinese's Bank !
Old Apr 25th 2020, 10:37 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

It's actually the State Bank of China. Literally one of the buildings he has a share in (30%) has a loan for several million coming due later this year.

And he's trashing Biden as 'Beijing Biden'
Old Apr 25th 2020, 12:57 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Is the assassination of the former vice president a cool topic on BE now?
Old Apr 25th 2020, 1:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie
Any desperate diversion to draw our attention from the current administration clusterf**k.
Old Apr 25th 2020, 1:53 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zzrmark
Any desperate diversion to draw our attention from the current administration clusterf**k.
Yeah. 50,000 People are dead and Trump has people drinking drain cleaner. But let's use BE for assassination memes of the other guy ... that's not weird at all.
Old Apr 25th 2020, 2:35 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah. 50,000 People are dead and Trump has people drinking drain cleaner.
For those not familiar with Randy Rainbow's parody songs, this might be a nice introduction:

Old Apr 25th 2020, 2:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah. 50,000 People are dead and Trump has people drinking drain cleaner. But let's use BE for assassination memes of the other guy ... that's not weird at all.
Don't get me started or JG will be busy all day.
Old Apr 25th 2020, 2:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Red_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond repute

There is a huge difference in pointing out the dirty tricks starting to be used by republican spin doctors to try to besmirch the name of the former VP, and us actually doing the assassination, which nobody is.

Few here would wish to inflict Trump on the world for another four years. But only a fool would think that Trumps team wouldn't have new contacts with similar influencers and analysts like Breitbart, Cambridge Analytica for this campaign, in order to opiate the minds of those voters who might, this time, be leaning towards Biden. It's early days, but the campaign is there, albeit subtle for now.

Sun Tzu said it: Know your enemy. Biden's team should (and I'm sure they are) be ready to counter whatever is thrown at them. With the best will in the world, Biden and his team would be foolish to think that even if they can't find any dirt on him, the republican spin machine wouldn't try to make stuff up. I would be amazed to think that we've seen them play their best cards yet. Trump knows that it doesn't all have to stick, just some of it. Repeat a lie many times and some will start to think it's the truth, etc, etc
Old Apr 25th 2020, 4:11 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by Red_Wine_Fairy
There is a huge difference in pointing out the dirty tricks starting to be used by republican spin doctors to try to besmirch the name of the former VP, and us actually doing the assassination, which nobody is.

Few here would wish to inflict Trump on the world for another four years. But only a fool would think that Trumps team wouldn't have new contacts with similar influencers and analysts like Breitbart, Cambridge Analytica for this campaign, in order to opiate the minds of those voters who might, this time, be leaning towards Biden. It's early days, but the campaign is there, albeit subtle for now.

Sun Tzu said it: Know your enemy. Biden's team should (and I'm sure they are) be ready to counter whatever is thrown at them. With the best will in the world, Biden and his team would be foolish to think that even if they can't find any dirt on him, the republican spin machine wouldn't try to make stuff up. I would be amazed to think that we've seen them play their best cards yet. Trump knows that it doesn't all have to stick, just some of it. Repeat a lie many times and some will start to think it's the truth, etc, etc
Yes, that's all true. However I was referring to the fact that an anti Biden person literally posted a picture of Biden with three red dot sights (for shooting accuracy) on Biden's head, neck and chest. I hate Trump but I've never posted a meme advocating his murder.
Old Apr 25th 2020, 4:28 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

I interpreted that as the Clintons forcing him to name HRC as his VP pick. Nothing to do with Repubs at all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.