2020 Election

Old Jan 21st 2020, 11:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2020 Election

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
There'll either be 1099s from each lender or otherwise his return will need to have explanatory text as to where the interest was paid to. Why do you think that Deutsch Bank has been subpoened?

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/03/b...-subpoena.html
I assume there were sent supoena for information- I fail to see how that would relate whether his tax return would show the information some imagine it show,

I wouldn;t be surprised if Trump had an issue with what he reported to that or any lender on value of his assets to lenders, and what he disclosed separately say for property tax. Wouldn't be the slightest surprise to me he pushed the envelope or outright misreported which is an offense in USA and definitely in Germany. I will take a wild guess his main hesitance in releasing tax returns is the huge carry forward loss he is supposed to have taken-legally that requires taxpayer to have had some tax basis generally, and that he doesn't want too much scrutiny of that basis as I suspect it was related to assets acquired through debt that was renegotiated subsequently.
Old Jan 21st 2020, 11:30 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good to see Joe standing up for those who like a tipple.

​​​​​​2020 Democratic front-runner Joe Biden said his administration would fire Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents who arrest and deport illegal immigrants who are not guilty of felony crimes, adding that he doesn't "count drunk driving as a felony."The former vice president made the comments at a Vice News forum on minority issues in Des Moines, Iowa, on Monday evening.
Old Jan 22nd 2020, 9:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anian
I don't know how you could write that with a straight face. My favourite is when his charity stole money from children and veterans.

For anyone who was as curious as I was about just how many times he has been done for fraud, there's a nice long list here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_...f_Donald_Trump
How dare post "fake news"

Old Jan 22nd 2020, 9:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

There'll either be 1099s from each lender or otherwise his return will need to have explanatory text as to where the interest was paid to. Why do you think that Deutsch Bank has been subpoened?

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/03/b...-subpoena.html
If he is so "squeaky clean" the why the F is he fighting so hard to stop his Tax Returns from being made public ?????
Even using the Supreme Court in the process , face the facts , he's a bloody crook & always has been !
Old Jan 23rd 2020, 5:22 am
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof

First of all you have to be a bit stupid or naïve or both to invest money in any get rich quick scheme. Radio commercials often advertise get rich quick schemes thru flipping houses which I'm sure entail a certain amount of money up front to start. It's not illegal and more often than not there's no get rich quick either. If it were illegal the US prisons would be full of business owners running such enterprises
Old Jan 23rd 2020, 5:33 am
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ingles
If he is so "squeaky clean" the why the F is he fighting so hard to stop his Tax Returns from being made public ?????
Even using the Supreme Court in the process , face the facts , he's a bloody crook & always has been !

I presume you are British by birth and heritage. Haven't you ever heard of innocent until proven guilty? The fact that there is no requirement in the Constitution to make it obligatory that all Presidents, VPs, Cabinet members, Senators and Congress persons produce tax returns is not Trumps fault and until there is such a requirement (if ever it were come to pass) then it has to be presumed that he is not a crook nor always has been
Old Jan 23rd 2020, 6:34 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dc koop
I presume you are British by birth and heritage. Haven't you ever heard of innocent until proven guilty? The fact that there is no requirement in the Constitution to make it obligatory that all Presidents, VPs, Cabinet members, Senators and Congress persons produce tax returns is not Trumps fault and until there is such a requirement (if ever it were come to pass) then it has to be presumed that he is not a crook nor always has been
During the presidential campaign he said publicly that he'd release his tax returns. And now he won't. So he was lying - again.
Old Jan 23rd 2020, 7:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Where do you think Common Law came from ?
Old Jan 23rd 2020, 8:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Show me factual evidence from criminal court records TV media and press clippings where Trump has been arrested and charged for fraud and or other criminal behavior at any time in the past

Face it. He's guilty before he's even charged. When he refused to produce his tax returns right off his detractors yelled and screamed that he had something to hide. The hatred has blinded his political opponents beyond all reason.
The request for his tax returns as I have pointed out is a political issue as I have pointed here here it will not show what his detractors here and elsewhere claim it will show, just betrays either ignorance or extreme partisanship. And yes in America ( and the UK) there is a presumption of innocence , And yes a lot of partisanship on both sides. I can't say I know the intricacies of what constitutes an impeachable offense conclusively, and regardless of the partisanship I do think there is a lot of merit of hashing out the constitutional issue.

However, any prosecutor or law enforcement professional looks for red flags and patterns of behavior. Judging by his own comments and attitude, and his business record, I would think any reasonable person- whether one prefers him as President or not- would be very leery of assuming integrity or fair dealing by Trump, and would apply more scrutiny to him.I have been in business many years, and even before he became President, I had the same opinion of him as have other businessmen I have known including some familiar with how he conducted business in New York. I agree one can question the methods and motivations of the House leadership, and the short term costs to the country of all this concentration on this issue- but I have to think in the long-run addressing the issue more fully of and what constitutes "and misdemeanors" specifically but also in general, through this Senate trial, will be a benefit to the country now and in the future.

Last edited by morpeth; Jan 23rd 2020 at 8:22 am.
Old Jan 23rd 2020, 8:42 am
BE Forum Addict

After reading the replies below to your post , it seems yet again your tying to defend the indefensible
Please just give up !
He's a crook a liar & has always been one !
Old Jan 23rd 2020, 4:32 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well Tulsi crushed it again:

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...st-mxp-vpx.hln

And in high heels.
Old Jan 23rd 2020, 7:31 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

First of all you have to be a bit stupid or naïve or both to invest money in any get rich quick scheme. Radio commercials often advertise get rich quick schemes thru flipping houses which I'm sure entail a certain amount of money up front to start. It's not illegal and more often than not there's no get rich quick either. If it were illegal the US prisons would be full of business owners running such enterprises
You are a special kind of stupid. Of course what he did was illegal. That's why the courts came to the conclusion to (forcibly) make him pay the $25M. If it was perfectly legal he would not have had to pay the money. The courts don't make people pay when they've done nothing wrong. If he refused to pay, he would be subject to imprisonment. Many things, which are illegal, do not end up in imprisonment. But, just to help you because you are so completely brainless, the prisons actually ARE full of people who have been convicted of fraud ... perhaps those people could have (like Trump) avoided imprisonment if they had they money to make restitution.

Now put that helmet on and go outside, you need some fresh air.
Old Jan 24th 2020, 5:55 am
Banned

Originally Posted by morpeth
The request for his tax returns as I have pointed out is a political issue as I have pointed here here it will not show what his detractors here and elsewhere claim it will show, just betrays either ignorance or extreme partisanship. And yes in America ( and the UK) there is a presumption of innocence , And yes a lot of partisanship on both sides. I can't say I know the intricacies of what constitutes an impeachable offense conclusively, and regardless of the partisanship I do think there is a lot of merit of hashing out the constitutional issue.

However, any prosecutor or law enforcement professional looks for red flags and patterns of behavior. Judging by his own comments and attitude, and his business record, I would think any reasonable person- whether one prefers him as President or not- would be very leery of assuming integrity or fair dealing by Trump, and would apply more scrutiny to him.I have been in business many years, and even before he became President, I had the same opinion of him as have other businessmen I have known including some familiar with how he conducted business in New York. I agree one can question the methods and motivations of the House leadership, and the short term costs to the country of all this concentration on this issue- but I have to think in the long-run addressing the issue more fully of and what constitutes "and misdemeanors" specifically but also in general, through this Senate trial, will be a benefit to the country now and in the future.
I could see sense in a Constitutional amendment to make it compulsory that all members of the government be required to produce and make public tax returns each year and this would apply to any candidate seeking election for the first time. Until then however a President is no more obligated to make public his tax return that anyone else in the Executive Branch, Congress and the Senate. If people want to assume that there's something to hide and lets face it there's plenty of negative feelings towards Trump then let them stew in it. I think a lot of people in this country are getting sick and tired of the whole thing. First it was the Mueller Report which didn't achieve the object of removing him so now it's an allegedly "serious misdemeanor" involving a phone call with the Ukraine President. There was every right to involve Biden. Any American politician, especially a Vice-President and now a candidate for President who has a family member occupying a highly lucrative position on the board of a very large corporation in a foreign country and who was placed in that position only because of a connection to his father and not for any other reason should be investigated. There had to be a reason for it and it needs to be known.

I don't see this impeachment process and the Senate trial being of any benefit to the country. It will only lead to political partisan warfare in the future in a nation already politically deeply divided and his removal from office will only make it even worse. Far better to wait until November and remove him by citizen vote although when I look at what the Dems have produced it seems once more that the Democrat party has proved to be it's own worst enemy.

Last edited by dc koop; Jan 24th 2020 at 6:01 am.
Old Jan 24th 2020, 6:08 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Boiler
Well Tulsi crushed it again:

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...st-mxp-vpx.hln

And in high heels.

There were only about eight push ups done on the video. The guy was obviously humoring her
Old Jan 24th 2020, 6:24 am
Banned

She won't commit to endorsing him... that's a little different. Personally I couldn't care less who she does and doesn't endorse, but she really needs to stfu. Otoh her comments seem to echo those made by Obama's campaign strategist David Axelrod after the last debate when the Warren spat was being discussed.He said something like there being a perception in the Democratic Party that Sanders isn't a "team player".

I hope Sanders isn't the nominee, but if he is of course I will vote for him.
He's far too radical, inflexible and bull headed to be able to work effectively with the Senate or the House even. He will end up just an angry, disillusioned, frustrated old man and will probably be found by an aide early one morning lying face down on his desk in the oval office in a puddle of spit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.