2016 Election

Old Nov 10th 2016, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

Ebonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2016 Election

Originally Posted by civilservant
They can vote for anyone they want. Indeed it would be interesting.
However, I don't believe they can pick Obama - although that would be perhaps one of the more interesting options
Old Nov 10th 2016, 9:30 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

It's one vote for the entire state delegation, majority of 26 required, correct
Old Nov 10th 2016, 9:31 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ebonhawke
However, I don't believe they can pick Obama - although that would be perhaps one of the more interesting options
Of course, you have to be Constitutionally eligible to actually BE President. He no longer is having served 2 terms. For example they couldn't elect Sultanofswong, even if they wanted to
Old Nov 10th 2016, 9:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

They can vote for anyone they want. Indeed it would be interesting.
Be quite interesting to see for sure.
Old Nov 10th 2016, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

Ebonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond reputeEbonhawke has a reputation beyond repute

Of course, you have to be Constitutionally eligible to actually BE President. He no longer is having served 2 terms. For example they couldn't elect Sultanofswong, even if they wanted to
I realized that - would just be funny for the House of Congress to say 'Thanks for all the time and effort HIllary and Donald, but we'll just stick with the guy we have"
Old Nov 10th 2016, 9:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Of course with red states outnumbering blue states..the result would clearly be a Republican. They may be so shit scared of the damage Trump might do to the party over the next few years ..they just could rebel and go Ryan. A lot of Repubs in Congress who really want nothing to do with Trump.

Last edited by dakota44; Nov 10th 2016 at 9:44 pm.
Old Nov 10th 2016, 10:36 pm
Often not so civil...

#DumpTrump2020

Is it treading on twitter yet?
Old Nov 10th 2016, 10:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
As for the "wall" my bet is there will be a token extension of the structures there now and Trump will declare "victory".

And lol at whoever posted a link to a NY Post article as evidence of issues in the Clinton Foundation. The charity watchdog mentioned in that article has now vetted the foundation and gives it its highest grade.`

https://www.charitynavigator.org/ind...ry&orgid=16680
This whole Clinton foundation discussion I find tiresome. She used the foundation as any other wealthy person would, and it is normal someone may make a donation to try to build up favors or access- that is just the way the world works. Clinton ( like Bush) ties to these wonderfully progressive Saudis etc are well known. If the foundation has broken tax regulations for a foundation by all means let IRS deal with it.
Old Nov 10th 2016, 10:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Not trying to get peoples' hopes up - just trying to get ahead of some of the discussion if people start hearing that Clinton could still be named President. Also to explain the potential for lots of anti-Trump news stories to appear over the next few weeks that may or may not have any factual evidence - because there may be a large number of them, I don't expect main stream media to really cover these, because they may not be able to be corroborated.

I would imagine that there are reputable investigative journalists who are working on stories delving into Trump's past, and working to corroborate sources etc, and those stories will have legs, but may also get green lighted after December 19. Because there's so much we don't know about Trump's past business dealings and current financial ties, I'm sure there's a lot of gold to mine.
And waste everyone's time, just as all these stories about Clinton. I wish the discussion would be about policies and what is best for the country. I am unsure when it will be realized by those who are against Trump people want change. Whether Sanders or Trump, they both represented change. I think except for extreme partisans, people are sick and tired of all this mud-slinging.

I could see Sanders and Trump fighting establishment republicans on infrastructure programs. ( "could" though I doubt it).
Old Nov 10th 2016, 10:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by dakota44
Of course with red states outnumbering blue states..the result would clearly be a Republican. They may be so shit scared of the damage Trump might do to the party over the next few years ..they just could rebel and go Ryan. A lot of Repubs in Congress who really want nothing to do with Trump.
I think the Senate will be a bigger challenge for Trump than Clinton. Hear today they are all upset because Trump wants term limits.
Old Nov 11th 2016, 12:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

This is the sick stuff Trump has wrought.
It is only going to get worse...and Trump will never come out and condemn it.
https://mobile.twitter.com/i/moments...7157830656?m=1
Old Nov 11th 2016, 12:33 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

If it walks like a duck *cough*

and/or

Get in bed with dogs and you're bound to get fleas.

#Metaphors'R'Us
Old Nov 11th 2016, 12:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dakota44
This is the sick stuff Trump has wrought.
It is only going to get worse...and Trump will never come out and condemn it.
https://mobile.twitter.com/i/moments...7157830656?m=1
Looks like hate crime is going to be another parallel with Brexit.
Old Nov 11th 2016, 1:15 am
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

It's true, the election was rigged.

By FB!
Was it Facebook 'wot won it'? - BBC News

I was discussing the issue of the newsfeed algorithm with eldest the other night. She's interning at FB next summer and has been asked for what she thinks needs to be improved. At the time, I was moaning on about the lack of balance in the news FB shoves in my face. She patiently explained the algorithm and how it works and I valiantly did not tell her I knew and she could shove off....
Old Nov 11th 2016, 3:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Back to his old self....

President-Elect Trump Attacks Media on Twitter for Inciting Protests - The Daily Beast

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.