Wikiposts

2016 Election

Old Jun 6th 2016, 1:25 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2016 Election

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
A timely reminder of how petty the GOP is.

Obama nominated this lady as ambassador to the Bahamas. Her nomination was put on hold for 820 days. She recently passed away due to leukemia.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/07/op...smtyp=cur&_r=0
This is why I dislike politicians. They act like bratty spoiled junior high kids with no respect for anyone. That story really pissed me off
Old Jun 6th 2016, 1:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
This is why I dislike politicians. They act like bratty spoiled junior high kids with no respect for anyone. That story really pissed me off
When I read that I was shocked that someone would be so horribly petty.
Old Jun 6th 2016, 1:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dakota44
When I read that I was shocked that someone would be so horribly petty.
I wasn't. That's been pretty much standard operating procedure for the Republicans since Obama became president. Check out how many judges have yet to be confirmed, for example.
Old Jun 6th 2016, 1:58 pm
BE Practitioner (Level 2)

username.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond repute

So AP and ABC are calling the Dem nomination officially for Hillary now.

Timing is interesting.
Old Jun 6th 2016, 2:12 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by username.exe
So AP and ABC are calling the Dem nomination officially for Hillary now.

Timing is interesting.
They just happened to find enough delegates to put her over the line. I guess they must have fallen down the back of the couch.
Old Jun 6th 2016, 4:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof
They just happened to find enough delegates to put her over the line. I guess they must have fallen down the back of the couch.
There had been rumors that a bloc of super delegates were intentionally holding back until after CA et al voted but I guess AP phoning around nudged them into admitting who they support.

In all honesty the likelihood that the super delegates would not fall in line behind the candidate with the most pledged delegates and the most votes overall is vanishingly small. I'm not sure what the Sanders camp is thinking at this point.
Old Jun 7th 2016, 2:41 am
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
There had been rumors that a bloc of super delegates were intentionally holding back until after CA et al voted but I guess AP phoning around nudged them into admitting who they support.

In all honesty the likelihood that the super delegates would not fall in line behind the candidate with the most pledged delegates and the most votes overall is vanishingly small. I'm not sure what the Sanders camp is thinking at this point.
As Hillary has already won it, there is no point in a single Clinton supporter voting today. All of you can stay at home.

Seriously though, the thinking isn't about the nomination (Sanders just has to say that in public), it's about continuing to get publicity for his message and getting the most leverage he can going in to the convention. It's all about keeping Clinton and the party from moving back to the centre.

Clinton gave her support to Obama after he gave her State, Bernie doesn't want anything for himself, he wants policy positions. We've already seen the concessions on the platform commitee. I expect we'll see some other stuff before and during the convention.
Old Jun 7th 2016, 3:26 am
Banned

themadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond repute

As Hillary has already won it, there is no point in a single Clinton supporter voting today. All of you can stay at home.

Seriously though, the thinking isn't about the nomination (Sanders just has to say that in public), it's about continuing to get publicity for his message and getting the most leverage he can going in to the convention. It's all about keeping Clinton and the party from moving back to the centre.

Clinton gave her support to Obama after he gave her State, Bernie doesn't want anything for himself, he wants policy positions. We've already seen the concessions on the platform commitee. I expect we'll see some other stuff before and during the convention.
I truly hope you're right, the more left Clinton bears because of Sanders, the more votes she'll lose among independents at the election. The American electorate is on the centre/center right, not the left
Old Jun 7th 2016, 3:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

No such luck

Clinton gave her support to Obama after the Californian primary. Obama asked her to become Secretary of State after the general election and she was hesitant to accept:

Clinton: I'd have hired Obama - POLITICO

An amusing statement in that link about her not running for president again...

Last edited by Giantaxe; Jun 7th 2016 at 3:30 am.
Old Jun 7th 2016, 3:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

French is now claiming Trump campaign threatened his wife.
Old Jun 7th 2016, 3:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

“the textbook definition of a racist comment” but Ryan still backs his racist candidate:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/08/us...=top-news&_r=0
Old Jun 7th 2016, 3:37 am
I love my brick!

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
No such luck

Clinton gave her support to Obama after the Californian primary. Obama asked her to become Secretary of State after the general election and she was hesitant to accept:

Clinton: I'd have hired Obama - POLITICO

An amusing statement in that link about her not running for president again...
Well of course she can't admit to that being the deal as it would have been illegal. And Obama probably wasn't as obvious as that, but I've no doubt there was an "understanding".
Old Jun 7th 2016, 3:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well of course she can't admit to that being the deal as it would have been illegal. And Obama probably wasn't as obvious as that, but I've no doubt there was an "understanding".
Care to back up that assertion or is it mere conjecture on your part?
Old Jun 7th 2016, 3:40 am
I love my brick!

“the textbook definition of a racist comment” but Ryan still backs his racist candidate:

Trump is doing a great job of showing how craven Republicans are. Democrats aren't much better mind, it's just been more subtle before now.
Old Jun 7th 2016, 3:47 am
Banned

themadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond repute

What's your point though?

Why the running commentary on Trump's every move?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.