Wikiposts

2016 Election

Old Jun 6th 2016, 6:48 am
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2016 Election

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
Now be fair, Trump himself said that first.
Come on, I believe he used the term "poorly educated", totally different.
Old Jun 6th 2016, 6:53 am
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's a shame Johnson is unlikely to make the threshold to be invited to the debates. It might have been an interesting dynamic.
I agree. If the Republican "party of small government" nonsense was actually true, then here is a candidate and a party to rally around. Much better idea than Bill Kristol's pathetic attempt.

Oh, and there was a recent poll that showed Johnson at 10% support, so you never know...
Old Jun 6th 2016, 7:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof
I agree. If the Republican "party of small government" nonsense was actually true, then here is a candidate and a party to rally around. Much better idea than Bill Kristol's pathetic attempt.

Oh, and there was a recent poll that showed Johnson at 10% support, so you never know...
I think French has formally said no.

It's a big jump from 10% to 15% and then maintain it for enough polls to be invited.
Old Jun 6th 2016, 7:20 am
Banned

themadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond repute

So you don't think small government is a good thing?
Old Jun 6th 2016, 7:20 am
I love my brick!

I think French has formally said no.

It's a big jump from 10% to 15% and then maintain it for enough polls to be invited.
He has. Which makes Kristol look like an idiot. So why doesn't Kristol and all these other conservatives kvetching about Trump grow a pair and support Johnson, he is after all far closer to what Republicans claim to be than Trump is.

I'm not saying it's likely, but there is certainly an appetite for a third choice out there.
Old Jun 6th 2016, 7:27 am
I love my brick!

Originally Posted by themadpooper
So you don't think small government is a good thing?
Do I think that there could be a lot less spending on defence, and that the government has no place in the bedroom? Yes.
Do I think the free market does a good job of handling things like healthcare? No.

But you missed my point. The GOP always talks about being the party of small government, so why do they care who marries who, or which bog someone takes a shit in?
Old Jun 6th 2016, 7:34 am
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

The GOP are only small party when it comes to social programs to benefit the population, otherwise they're a bunch of interfering busybodies led by moralizing Evangelicals
Old Jun 6th 2016, 7:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dc koop
The GOP are only small party when it comes to social programs to benefit the population, otherwise they're a bunch of interfering busybodies led by moralizing Evangelicals
They're quite happy with social programs that benefit corporations, however. Small government? Not so much.
Old Jun 6th 2016, 9:02 am
Banned

themadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond repute

Do I think that there could be a lot less spending on defence, and that the government has no place in the bedroom? Yes.
Do I think the free market does a good job of handling things like healthcare? No.

But you missed my point. The GOP always talks about being the party of small government, so why do they care who marries who, or which bog someone takes a shit in?
I believe I covered this on a previous page, liberals in Washington dictating social policy to the entire country because stuff like gender neutral bathrooms is suddenly a boss idea in their world is unconstitutional, gay marriage similarly so. You neglect the fact it's the public who vote for these nasty right wing legislators and governors, if a majority of people in these states want gender neutral bathrooms and gay marriage, they would surely elect politicians who would deliver them

Last edited by themadpooper; Jun 6th 2016 at 9:04 am.
Old Jun 6th 2016, 9:08 am
I love my brick!

I believe I covered this on a previous page, liberals in Washington dictating social policy to the entire country because stuff like gender neutral bathrooms is suddenly a boss idea in their world is unconstitutional, gay marriage similarly so. You neglect the fact it's the public who vote for these nasty right wing legislators and governors, if a majority of people in these states want gender neutral bathrooms and gay marriage, they would surely elect politicians who would deliver them
How are gender neutral bathrooms and gay marriage unconstitutional?

As for the rest of your spiel, when it comes to civil rights, the federal government can tell the states to do one via the Supreme Court. Otherwise, black folks would still be sat at the back of the bus, or worse.
Old Jun 6th 2016, 9:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes...let us just forget the blatant fact that a significant majority of Americans support marriage for same sex partners.68%..and LGBT rights in general...as well as their right to adopt children. I guess in your world only what the religious right wing wants matters. You are displaying your true colors.
And none of that is unconstitutional...except in your warped mind.

And I guess the Conservatives have not been dictating social policy for years...oh wait...yes they have...right on down to birth control. Liberals are only restoring the rights conservatives have been chipping away at.

Last edited by dakota44; Jun 6th 2016 at 9:22 am.
Old Jun 6th 2016, 9:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

I believe I covered this on a previous page, liberals in Washington dictating social policy to the entire country because stuff like gender neutral bathrooms is suddenly a boss idea in their world is unconstitutional, gay marriage similarly so. You neglect the fact it's the public who vote for these nasty right wing legislators and governors, if a majority of people in these states want gender neutral bathrooms and gay marriage, they would surely elect politicians who would deliver them.
Odd, I could have sworn that the Supreme Court ruled in favour of gay marriage.

Interesting how you scream "unconstitutional" when it suits you to assert state's rights, but cite the constitution when it's a right you approve of:

Gun ownership is a right of every law abiding citizen so not sure what you think Clinton is going to do on that score, no president can meddle with the constitution in that way.

Last edited by Giantaxe; Jun 6th 2016 at 9:16 am.
Old Jun 6th 2016, 9:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

So now Trump is sicing his minions on the Judge. I guess his idea of justice is to intimidate the judge.

"Donald Trump ordered his surrogates during a Monday conference call to intensify their criticisms of journalists and the Mexican-American judge presiding over a Trump University fraud case. "We will overcome," Trump said, according to two people who were on the call. "And I've always won and I'm going to continue to win. And that's the way it is."
Old Jun 6th 2016, 10:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

A timely reminder of how petty the GOP is.

Obama nominated this lady as ambassador to the Bahamas. Her nomination was put on hold for 820 days. She recently passed away due to leukemia.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/07/op...smtyp=cur&_r=0

Cotton eventually released the two other holds, but not the one on Butts. She told me that she once went to see him about it, and he explained that he knew that she was a close friend of Obama’s — the two first encountered each other on a line for financial-aid forms at Harvard Law School, where they were classmates — and that blocking her was a way to inflict special pain on the president.
Old Jun 6th 2016, 1:04 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Ruh roh.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.