2016 Election

Old May 11th 2016, 9:54 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2016 Election

Originally Posted by RoadWarriorFromLP
The correlation between polling results gets worse as the time prior to the election increases.

You've also been selective in your use of numbers. Using averages of the last several Trump vs Clinton state polls per Real Clear Politics:

-Clinton leads Trump in Florida: RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - Florida: Trump vs. Clinton

-Clinton leads Trump in Ohio: RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - Ohio: Trump vs. Clinton

-Clinton leads Trump in Pennsylvania: RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - Pennsylvania: Trump vs. Clinton

I realize that you want to hang onto your "Sanders was more electable than Clinton" argument, but that's starting to sound like sour grapes, given the commanding lead that Clinton has in the Democratic primary popular vote tally.

You should also note that I would not use the polling results to conclude that Clinton is sure to win Florida, Ohio and Pennsylvania. As I noted before, it's too early.
To think that I'm concerned about complacency regarding the possibility that Trump could be President and it's down to sour grapes. Seriously? I didn't even mention Sanders.

As I said before in the primary Trump was dismissed as not having a chance for too long and then it was too late. Do you really want that to happen in the general election?

Sure the latest polls don't mean that Trump is now the favourite to win. But, the polls are tightening and what if that continues? How long are they dismissed? After the conventions if the polls are still tight, what will be the excuse then? Will they be polling the wrong type of voter?
Old May 11th 2016, 9:56 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RoadWarriorFromLP
Well, he doesn't.
And I showed actual data that shows they do. Opinions vs. data. What to believe?
Old May 11th 2016, 10:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

MMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof
As I said before in the primary Trump was dismissed as not having a chance for too long and then it was too late. Do you really want that to happen in the general election?
Exactly!
It's not too soon to raise the alarm.
Old May 11th 2016, 10:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
Silver was introduced into this discussion by sir_eccles (post 7254) and yourself (post 7256).

So, yeh, I'm baffled.
Hey don't drag me into this!
Old May 11th 2016, 10:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Here's my dilemma, I really do not like Hillary Clinton but Trump even more so.
I know many feel the same as me, but there's something about the woman the gets under my skin. I feel obliged to vote for her as the alternative is catastrophic. For the top of the ticket I'm truly tempted to sit this one out. Only as a last resort if the thing looks close.

I claim the longest in the US. 50 years in Oct 2017
Old May 11th 2016, 10:33 pm
Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute

I simply noted that it's too early to rely heavily on polling data this early, particularly when one of the parties still hasn't selected its nominee. That observation has nothing to do with my hopes for the election.
Old May 11th 2016, 11:33 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

OK, does anyone else find it a little worrying that there are polls showing the contest between Trump and Clinton tightening, both in swing states and nationally. But what do all the pundits and poll "experts" do? Just dismiss is as nothing to worry about, "just a blip", "the poll assumes Ohio is too white", "don't worry the polling averages still show Clinton has a 1 point lead"

Fck me! This is exactly the type of complacency that meant we ended up with Trump as the nominee in the first place. Then there was a little mea culpa about that. Now they're doing the exact same thing again.

I think the only person to call them out on this that I know is Bill Maher.

God I hate the liberal pundits who scoff about conservatives having their own facts. Then they ignore the facts in front of them because their "gut" says they're wrong.
YES I DO. I've been shitting my pants over it long before now.
Old May 11th 2016, 11:41 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
Hey don't drag me into this!
Old May 11th 2016, 11:42 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie
YES I DO. I've been shitting my pants over it long before now.
Me too. Been a nervous wreck about this whole Trump thing for a year now. How anyone could even contemplate voting to put that narcissistic idiot in charge of the country beggars belief. And the "make America great again" jerks don't understand that the world has moved on. It's like having a "bring back the days of the Raj" movement in the UK. Aargh, I am so frustrated by what is going on it's hard to fully enunciate my disgust, but we should all be very afraid of the possibility of Trump getting elected.
Old May 11th 2016, 11:43 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
Me too. Been a nervous wreck about this whole Trump thing for a year now. How anyone could even contemplate voting to put that narcissistic idiot in charge of the country beggars belief. And the "make America great again" jerks don't understand that the world has moved on. It's like having a "bring back the days of the Raj" movement in the UK. Aargh, I am so frustrated by what is going on it's hard to fully enunciate my disgust, but we should all be very afraid of the possibility of Trump getting elected.
I've started having Trump nightmares.

I. Shit. You. Not.
Old May 12th 2016, 1:00 am
Forum Regular

Matt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnwoo
Here's my dilemma, I really do not like Hillary Clinton but Trump even more so.
I know many feel the same as me, but there's something about the woman the gets under my skin. I feel obliged to vote for her as the alternative is catastrophic. For the top of the ticket I'm truly tempted to sit this one out. Only as a last resort if the thing looks close.

I claim the longest in the US. 50 years in Oct 2017
50 years, bloody hell! I shudder to think what your accent sounds like

I'm not much of a Hillary fan either but I think we need her to prompt the rebirth of the republican party. This country needs a sane opposition to keep the dems in check.
Old May 12th 2016, 1:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

I. Shit. You. Not.
As long as he isn't naked.
Old May 12th 2016, 1:13 am
I love my brick!

I. Shit. You. Not.
I read Scott Adams blog about Trump some time last year and it sort of made sense, but I didn't think it would happen. But so far he has been right.

This doesn't make me feel better.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/comic-riffs/wp/2016/03/21/donald-trump-will-win-in-a-landslide-the-mind-behind-dilbert-explains-why/

Trump has changed the game and I fear the media won't catch up until it's too late.
Old May 12th 2016, 1:14 am
WTF?

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
As long as he isn't naked.
That's not a nightmare. That's a night terror.
Old May 12th 2016, 1:25 am
WTF?

I read Scott Adams blog about Trump some time last year and it sort of made sense, but I didn't think it would happen. But so far he has been right.

This doesn't make me feel better.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-explains-why/

Trump has changed the game and I fear the media won't catch up until it's too late.
I think it's good that we're scared because we will be motivated to vote. I hope all of the people who are not COMPLETELY INSANE will get out the vote.

We do have to remember that the Latino vote is what killed Romney and Trump has been shitting in their Cheerios from jump. Oh and African Americans are not going to vote for Trump and they will get out the vote. Still, this is a complete nightmare.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.