2016 Election

Old May 11th 2016, 6:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2016 Election

Originally Posted by themadpooper
Not sure where you live or where you've been in the US, I'm quite fortunate in that I've moved around the US, as I did in the UK in fact. In addition to having lived in a few states, I have in laws and friends all over America so get to see a lot of the country quite regularly, unlike a lot of individuals on this forum. Currently, I'm in the south west of Florida and there are churches literally everywhere, and this isn't the deep south by any stretch. I suggest you take your head out of your backside and do some traveling
Let me see...where have I been in the U.S. ... the nation of ny birth. Florida, Georgia, Maryland, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisuana, Kentucky, Tennesse, Arizona, Nevada, California, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, New York, Maine, Rhode Island, Illinois, Massachusetts, both the Carolinas and likely a few more I have forgotten.

Outside the U.S. ...Canada, Turkey, Greece, Italy, Spain, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, England, Jamaica, Brazil, Chile, Argentina and Peru.

In my 72 years I have been around and likely have vastly more locations on my travel resume' than you will ever have. So maybe you need head out of your own backside.
Old May 11th 2016, 6:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure where you live or where you've been in the US, I'm quite fortunate in that I've moved around the US, as I did in the UK in fact. In addition to having lived in a few states, I have in laws and friends all over America so get to see a lot of the country quite regularly, unlike a lot of individuals on this forum. Currently, I'm in the south west of Florida and there are churches literally everywhere, and this isn't the deep south by any stretch. I suggest you take your head out of your backside and do some traveling
Let me see...where have I been in the U.S. ... the nation of ny birth. Florida, Georgia, Maryland, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisuana, Kentucky, Tennesse, Arizona, Nevada, California, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, New York, Maine, Rhode Island, Illinois, Massachusetts, both the Carolinas and Virginias and likely a few more I have forgotten.

Outside the U.S. ...Canada, Turkey, Greece, Italy, Spain, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, England, Jamaica, Brazil, Chile, Argentina and Peru.

In my 72 years I have been around and likely have vastly more locations on my travel resume' than you will ever have. So maybe you need to get your own head out of your own backside.
Old May 11th 2016, 9:26 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Born in the US and resided in the US from 1979 to 2005. Family in the south, as well as west coast.

I have been to nearly every US state, only 10 left, mostly in the middle part, only southern state I have not been to yet is Mississippi.

Which states are constantly trying to take rights away from people? They always seem to be down south.

Yeah, they're all religious nuts down there, racists, bigots, homophobes, you name it

Put your copy of The Guardian down, turn CNN and the BBC off and you'll find some of the nicest people you could ever meat in the south. Take a trip down there before generalizing about a bunch of states you clearly know nothing about

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; May 11th 2016 at 9:30 am.
Old May 11th 2016, 12:23 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Latinos are deeply catholic

Blacks are baptist
tmp, a word of advice, tone down the wild, unsubstantiated generalisations, and the arrogant assumptions about other folks on the BE forums. I'm guessing many people here have lived in the U.S. longer than you, and are more "American" than you.
Old May 11th 2016, 1:12 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234
tmp, a word of advice, tone down the wild, unsubstantiated generalisations, and the arrogant assumptions about other folks on the BE forums. I'm guessing many people here have lived in the U.S. longer than you, and are more "American" than you.
Especially the ones who were born here

Since when did nationality have degrees anyway? It's an absolute - you either are or you aren't. Once someone starts getting into the "I'm more <<demonym of country in question>> than them", the line into bullshit has been crossed.
Old May 11th 2016, 1:22 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234

TMP...you would do well to take the above advice onboard.
Old May 11th 2016, 2:03 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

I've lived in the US for 10 years,

So you tell us, ad infinitum. That makes you very much a neophyte in comparison to many people on this forum, so I suggest you shelve the idea that you are the only person with any clue regarding life in the US.
Old May 11th 2016, 2:26 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
So you tell us, ad infinitum. That makes you very much a neophyte in comparison to many people on this forum, so I suggest you shelve the idea that you are the only person with any clue regarding life in the US.
I don't know how it's relevant anyway. I've lived here for nearly 11. Big deal, do I get a medal?
Old May 11th 2016, 2:57 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

I've lived in the US for 10 years,

I'm a citizen in fact.

My wife was born and raised here,

If you bothered to actually read the posts from numerous people on this forum, you might just appreciate, some were born in the US, and others have lived here a lot longer that 10 years. There are at least two, and may well be more, who have held elected public office. So claims about who is more American than who in an infantile attempt to give your opinions some weight make you look, as Del Boy would say, a right plonker.

Last edited by lansbury; May 11th 2016 at 3:06 pm.
Old May 11th 2016, 3:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnwoo
"No one in this world, so far as I know — and I have searched the records for years, and employed agents to help me — has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people. Nor has anyone ever lost public office thereby.”

H.L.Mencken
Worrying isn't it?
Old May 11th 2016, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

Matt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
I don't know how it's relevant anyway. I've lived here for nearly 11. Big deal, do I get a medal?
15 for me so I win.

Only 41 states though so I'm falling short on that one.
Old May 11th 2016, 4:30 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Matt Sabre
15 for me so I win.

Steady on...18 for moi.
Old May 11th 2016, 4:52 pm
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Almost 42 for me. I voted for Reagan, Bush Senior, Clinton, Bush Junior (Bad call that one) and Obama.
Old May 11th 2016, 4:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Only ten years here, but my lapel button is a bigger flag than yours.

Last edited by sir_eccles; May 11th 2016 at 4:59 pm.
Old May 11th 2016, 4:54 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Matt Sabre
15 for me so I win.

You have me beaten on both counts.

I've only lived in one the entire time I have been here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.