Wikiposts

2016 Election

Old Jul 26th 2016, 1:43 am
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2016 Election

Originally Posted by Boiler
What does it matter?

Does seem very odd, but if it gets her votes that seems all that matters.
She reminds me of a corrupt politician we have here in Ontario called Kathleen Wynne she should be serving in HM prison but got voted in even tho she scammed everyone !!

I am not saying Trump is perfect, non of them are but there is a lot of things not sitting right with Clinton, including the way she got the nomination, and if she is like this now, what will she do with the power of presidency
Old Jul 26th 2016, 1:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magnumpi
I was bemused at the illegal status speakers they rolled out to speak. Makes me wonder if you will even need a visa to enter the US to work and live if Clinton gets in. Bit of a stab in the eye for all those who jumped thru hoops to get the correct papers for entry :@(
I find the discussion by the candidates of the immigration problem beyond understanding. If 10+ million people are undocumented and that is unacceptable , then why shouldn't the border be strengthened to not increase the problem ? On the other hand in regards to the 10 million already in the country does anyone seriously believe the US will deport all 10 million ? I do believe Rubio's position very logical- firmly control borders, then deal with the 10 million already here. That was the weakness of the Reagan amnesty of 3 million, many said at the time it solved nothing if borders were not firmly controlled.

What is Clinton's policy ? If it is to legalize 10 million, but not increase border security, this will only give even more incentive for people to enter illegally ? If Clinton believes that such immigration is beneficial, then why not say she wants another 10 or 20 million ?

I find it very hard to believe a country has to debate why the border should not be secure, or that the US would actually forcibly expel 10 million people.
Old Jul 26th 2016, 1:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

Clinton already has the minority vote, so it's pointless to pander to them. She should be pandering those who can't decide between a self-serving madman and a corrupt liar.
Old Jul 26th 2016, 2:03 am
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

On the one hand you guys have Trump who wanted a wall and then u have Clinton who probably wants an open border lol

No middle ground with these guys is there ??? Your either for illegals or against
Old Jul 26th 2016, 2:36 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anian
Clinton already has the minority vote, so it's pointless to pander to them. She should be pandering those who can't decide between a self-serving madman and a corrupt liar.
On the one hand you guys have Trump who wanted a wall and then u have Clinton who probably wants an open border lol

No middle ground with these guys is there ??? Your either for illegals or against
I have said it before and I will say it again...if out of a population of over 300,000,000 people....they are the best the US can come up with...it really is God Help America.

God help the world.
Old Jul 26th 2016, 2:42 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
... God Help ...
There's your problem. 325+ million people, the majority of whom actually believe this is something that can really happen and you wonder why they can't come up with an effective leader?
Old Jul 26th 2016, 2:55 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
There's your problem. 325+ million people, the majority of whom actually believe this is something that can really happen and you wonder why they can't come up with an effective leader?
8 years ago I read it was agreed Clinton would stand down if Obama and his camp supported her when she next ran. Her husband had also made sure that he could call in enough favours to see her nomination through. 8 years later...had it not been for Bernie...she had it in the bag from the word go.

As for the GOP...it was practically a non starter for all the lack luster candidates they came up with.

What a bloody awful mess.
Old Jul 26th 2016, 3:09 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
8 years ago I read it was agreed Clinton would stand down if Obama and his camp supported her when she next ran. Her husband had also made sure that he could call in enough favours to see her nomination through. 8 years later...had it not been for Bernie...she had it in the bag from the word go.

As for the GOP...it was practically a non starter for all the lack luster candidates they came up with.

What a bloody awful mess.
Look at it this way. With Clinton not much will change. We all made it through the last 8 years (really the last 16 since she's kind of in between Obama and Bush) fine, another 4-8 won't kill us. Most likely 4, since Bernie's grass roots movements will probably bring forward a decent progressive candidate to challenge her in 2020.

Trump is too much of an unknown quantity to even chance 4 years on, but in the meantime, the GOP can rebuild as well and maybe start to provide some moderate, centre-right alternatives that we could all live with for the 2020 election.

I'd rather have four years of reasonable familiarity than have a four year Trump ego-stroking fest. Even if I align better with Gary Johnson than Hillary, it's just not worth the risk.
Old Jul 26th 2016, 3:27 am
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Basically it's a lousy choice. It's a matter of having to vote for the less lousy candidate
Old Jul 26th 2016, 3:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute

Indeed
Attached Thumbnails 2016 Election-grate-again..png  
Old Jul 26th 2016, 3:59 am
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Look at it this way. With Clinton not much will change. We all made it through the last 8 years (really the last 16 since she's kind of in between Obama and Bush) fine, another 4-8 won't kill us. Most likely 4, since Bernie's grass roots movements will probably bring forward a decent progressive candidate to challenge her in 2020.

Trump is too much of an unknown quantity to even chance 4 years on, but in the meantime, the GOP can rebuild as well and maybe start to provide some moderate, centre-right alternatives that we could all live with for the 2020 election.

I'd rather have four years of reasonable familiarity than have a four year Trump ego-stroking fest. Even if I align better with Gary Johnson than Hillary, it's just not worth the risk.
I like Libertarians that are principled as they're about the only ones who will actually say we need to cut the defense budget. The problem is they tend to have some funny economic ideas, worshiping at the altar of Hayek and Rand. That plus the social Darwinism means I could never support them.

What Bernie has done is fascinating, as he's brought in a lot of passionate younger voters who will decide the direction of the country and the Democrats don't know what to do because they want them as part of the party, but expect them to sit down, shut up and vote in November. The problem is these aren't the type of people to be quiet. Most will vote for Hillary, but they won't support her. They'll keep demanding more, as an engaged populace should. The media will scoff about disarray and idiots will continue to blame Bernie for Hillary's failings, but change will come, and it will take time.
Old Jul 26th 2016, 4:35 am
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by zargof
I like Libertarians that are principled as they're about the only ones who will actually say we need to cut the defense budget. The problem is they tend to have some funny economic ideas, worshiping at the altar of Hayek and Rand. That plus the social Darwinism means I could never support them.
They never quite get me 100%, the Libertarians. Generally they're pretty close socially but I'm basically an economic moderate so they lose me with all that stuff.

Originally Posted by zargof
What Bernie has done is fascinating, as he's brought in a lot of passionate younger voters who will decide the direction of the country and the Democrats don't know what to do because they want them as part of the party, but expect them to sit down, shut up and vote in November. The problem is these aren't the type of people to be quiet. Most will vote for Hillary, but they won't support her. They'll keep demanding more, as an engaged populace should. The media will scoff about disarray and idiots will continue to blame Bernie for Hillary's failings, but change will come, and it will take time.
That's fair enough. This means we'll keep Trump out of the White House (and hopefully if he loses the election, he'll piss off back to real estate or whatever the **** it is he actually does) but down the line we'll start to see the kind of real change that we actually need here as well.
Old Jul 26th 2016, 5:31 am
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Trump is too much of an unknown quantity to even chance 4 years on,
I think what we do know about him is pretty scary though.
Old Jul 26th 2016, 5:47 am
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by amideislas
I think what we do know about him is pretty scary though.
That just makes it worse.
Old Jul 26th 2016, 6:37 am
Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute

there is a lot of things not sitting right with Clinton, including the way she got the nomination
Winning the most votes is a fairly common method of winning the nomination. As it turns out, she won the most votes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.