Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

A young couple, stepping on the dreaded lader!

A young couple, stepping on the dreaded lader!

Old Apr 11th 2012, 7:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A young couple, stepping on the dreaded lader!

Originally Posted by EmilyPenguin
No one had a good word to say about the place,
and the people seeking to arrive there? Yeah.. the joke of the whole of the EU, Becasue the Gov gives out food coupons and free housing and cars and clothes to the forengers...
And much of the dross that frequents the Costa del Sol, despite slagging off YUK, will end up back there, tail between their legs after the dream has gone, when they're skint, when they realise Spain will give them nothing, begging to be let back in and demand some of those benefits. "It wasn't meant to be forever, we only ever intended staying a few years" Yes, right!
Old Apr 11th 2012, 8:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Emily, I agree with some of the things you are saying about the UK. After all, I decided to move to Spain because it is friendlier and more focussed on families. 5 years later and I am happy to say this is true imo.

However, as a young person with no qualifications (and even if you did have them), you would have a much brighter future in the UK than in Spain at the moment. And don't forget that you arent entitled to anything in Spain in terms of help anyway.

Spain is a great place to live if you have a good job. It is a terrible place to have to fight your way through life. I wish you the best, but in 5 or 10 years you may be tired of fighting and wishing you had the UK's benefits system. Fingers crossed that it doesnt come to that.
Old Apr 11th 2012, 11:15 am
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agoreira
Nice to see your Spanish spelling matches your English spelling.
OOOH.
Old Apr 11th 2012, 1:00 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

I was all for a little trip back to the UK, but have decided to go to BASRA instead, it sounds safer...............
Old Apr 11th 2012, 1:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JLFS
I was all for a little trip back to the UK, but have decided to go to BASRA instead, it sounds safer...............
And I was thinking about taking a break from war torn UK to have a break in trouble free Spain! Then I remembered I'd never had any problems in UK, but have had our car broken into twice in Sevilla. Think I'll risk it all the same.
Old Apr 11th 2012, 1:52 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by cricketman
Emily, I agree with some of the things you are saying about the UK. After all, I decided to move to Spain because it is friendlier and more focussed on families. 5 years later and I am happy to say this is true imo.

However, as a young person with no qualifications (and even if you did have them), you would have a much brighter future in the UK than in Spain at the moment. And don't forget that you arent entitled to anything in Spain in terms of help anyway.

Spain is a great place to live if you have a good job. It is a terrible place to have to fight your way through life. I wish you the best, but in 5 or 10 years you may be tired of fighting and wishing you had the UK's benefits system. Fingers crossed that it doesnt come to that.

Very good analogy Cman, and there are plenty in Spain who will always have to fight and seem to get nowhere always living hand to mouth........I may be off the mark here but to me the idea of immigration is to better ones position, and/ or provide better opporunities for the family in the future.
Old Apr 11th 2012, 2:14 pm
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmilyPenguin
Dont you watch the news? There is always someone getting stabbed, shot, robbed, Raped, . I used to play out in the street with the other kids at midnight in the summer when I was a kid, or go out down the town with mates at night when I was a young teen! Stuff that dosent happen in the UK, .... Whilst I was doing that and living a free safe life in a town where the biggest crime we saw was the neibourghs dog humping a cat.. On TV England was doing the whole fight against knife crime!... Come on.. I have Facebook and 4 terrible boy cousins who are always mouthing off about someone getting stabbed, or beaten up,.. Ive seen the documentrys of gangs that hang around on corners and randomly beat someone up! ... Ive been a kid that was brought up being bullied ... I pass on going back to that life...

Litraly, the biggest crime Ive seen in Estepona,.. was a stabbing between Gitanos, and some guiris who were drug traficating!

Yeah bad happens all around the world, and I aint saying that Its perfect down my way... But the stuff I see on TV about England scares me... Nevermind that its classed as a total dump...:S
I just wondered if you have heard about this horrible case in Spain, as you can see crime is everywhere, drugs too, and your views seem very one sided.

http://www.typicallyspanish.com/news...le_34319.shtml
Old Apr 11th 2012, 3:34 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

If you only read the Brit press then you will get a one sided view. There is often crime reports about Estepona and it is said the Port is not safe at night. Ignorance is bliss though
Old Apr 11th 2012, 3:38 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricketman

Yes and how do you get into a tough job market when you don't have qualifications or speak the language.
Old Apr 11th 2012, 3:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Yes and how do you get into a tough job market when you don't have qualifications or speak the language.
Very tough

You need to have something going for you. With no qualifications you'll have to rely on your charm and good looks to get a badly paid bar or retail job.

And I have a feeling that Emily may be semi-literate in English and Spanish also. Not wanting to be anal, but from the looks of her written language skills and having not finished her education.

The most important thing is to have the will and she certainly has that. So that may get her an opportunity or two. But after fighting for so long, people eventually lose the fighting spirit
Old Apr 11th 2012, 4:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

A positive mental attitude is fine, but it needs to be tempered with a healthy dose of realism or it can become delusional.

Emily has all the arrogance of youth which I suppose we all had at her age, thinking we knew it all and the boring old farts knew nothing about anything! She will need to learn that it's not what SHE thinks employers should be looking for that matters, it is what THEY want that is important.
Old Apr 11th 2012, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

EmilyPenguin is a name known to allEmilyPenguin is a name known to allEmilyPenguin is a name known to allEmilyPenguin is a name known to allEmilyPenguin is a name known to allEmilyPenguin is a name known to allEmilyPenguin is a name known to allEmilyPenguin is a name known to allEmilyPenguin is a name known to allEmilyPenguin is a name known to allEmilyPenguin is a name known to all

Originally Posted by agoreira
Nice to see your Spanish spelling matches your English spelling.

Will you please stop nagging on about my bloody spelling...

So I cant spell .... But at least I try, I would be alot eaiser to abriviate everything and look like I cant spell on purpose....
Old Apr 11th 2012, 4:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

dorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond reputedorishaslop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Take no notice, they do it to all the Newbies, even ones who post more than once they attack. Stay, don't be put off, what the forum needs is more posters, their nastiness is diluted then, it becomes less audible, if we get enough newbies maybe they will be reduced to no more than a murmur.... There are some genuinely nice posters on here, stick with it.
yes, I'm a genuinely nice person, in fact I do believe I'm the nicest person I know.... plus I love this forum and I was a newbie once, only I got a better time than Emily.. xxx
Old Apr 11th 2012, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

EmilyPenguin is a name known to allEmilyPenguin is a name known to allEmilyPenguin is a name known to allEmilyPenguin is a name known to allEmilyPenguin is a name known to allEmilyPenguin is a name known to allEmilyPenguin is a name known to allEmilyPenguin is a name known to allEmilyPenguin is a name known to allEmilyPenguin is a name known to allEmilyPenguin is a name known to all

And its my oppinion what I think of the UK...
and Im entiteled to it..
Ive lived in Estepona for 10 years and its safer then where I come from in the UK Ill bet anything on it,.....
Old Apr 11th 2012, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jackytoo
I do.........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.