Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

A young couple, stepping on the dreaded lader!

A young couple, stepping on the dreaded lader!

Old Apr 11th 2012, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

sujee is a glorious beacon of lightsujee is a glorious beacon of lightsujee is a glorious beacon of lightsujee is a glorious beacon of lightsujee is a glorious beacon of lightsujee is a glorious beacon of lightsujee is a glorious beacon of lightsujee is a glorious beacon of lightsujee is a glorious beacon of lightsujee is a glorious beacon of lightsujee is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: A young couple, stepping on the dreaded lader!

I too have not got into the debate because I can remember what it was like to be 21. I too had long hair smoked like a chimney, drank like a fish, rarely had a hangover, danced naked at Glastonbury etc. Only difference is now I have short hair and can't remember what I did yesterday even when I don't get ratarsed the night before. :P
Old Apr 11th 2012, 6:13 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
I read through this entertaining thread and was tempted a couple of times to comment, but then thought back to when I was that age.

I had long hair, smoked, drank till I couldn't remember, played the guitar in a 'rock group', and made a young girl pregnant. Her dad knocked at my door with a shotgun and I got married and became respectable overnight.

Well . . . nearly respectable. I still listen to Bob Marley.
now I'm not sure if I am respectable or not

its when on YouTube and I read the comments about how good life was in those years - from youngsters who werent even a twinkle at that time

so much music has stood the passage of time - just a shame that some of those responsible for it didnt
Old Apr 11th 2012, 9:55 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sujee
I too have not got into the debate because I can remember what it was like to be 21. I too had long hair smoked like a chimney, drank like a fish, rarely had a hangover, danced naked at Glastonbury etc. Only difference is now I have short hair and can't remember what I did yesterday even when I don't get ratarsed the night before. :P
Yes, I suppose we had it a lot better. So did my Daughter too. Many kids today are touring the world though. Have to feel sorry and make some allowances for a 21 yr old working for 2€ ph. and spending time on the internet with a bunch of boring old farts
Old Apr 11th 2012, 10:59 pm
Forum Regular

EmilyPenguin is a name known to allEmilyPenguin is a name known to allEmilyPenguin is a name known to allEmilyPenguin is a name known to allEmilyPenguin is a name known to allEmilyPenguin is a name known to allEmilyPenguin is a name known to allEmilyPenguin is a name known to allEmilyPenguin is a name known to allEmilyPenguin is a name known to allEmilyPenguin is a name known to all

Originally Posted by HBG
I read through this entertaining thread and was tempted a couple of times to comment, but then thought back to when I was that age.

I had long hair, smoked, drank till I couldn't remember, played the guitar in a 'rock group', and made a young girl pregnant. Her dad knocked at my door with a shotgun and I got married and became respectable overnight.

YEAH! \m/

Old Apr 11th 2012, 11:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sujee
Much the same for me too, had long hair (still have), I drank and smoked far too much and even tried funny fags a time or three, wanted to go to Woodstock but couldn't afford the time or money so watched it on TV instead.

Like many who lived through the sixties I thought I knew it all and was going to change the world....
At twenty one I met my (still after all these years) husband, that had the effect of putting an end to my sometimes misspent youth!
I grew up and realized much to my dismay that I was only a minnow in a large pond of big fish.....I wasn't going to change much and I didn't know nearly as much as I previously imagined I did.

It's much the same story as my friends and other boring old farts on here!
Old Apr 11th 2012, 11:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by megmet

It's much the same story as my friends and other boring old farts on here!
Yes the 60s were more about the marketing and consumerisation of "cool" to young people than any real social or political youth movement

The proof of the pudding is that the baby boomer generation who were teens in the 60s became the most materially obsessed generation of any that preceeded them

What a shame when the aftermath of WWII promised a fairer and brighter future
Old Apr 12th 2012, 12:23 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG

So do I. Found this depressing today.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...ers-match.html
Old Apr 12th 2012, 12:54 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo

Jesus H Christ! That first picture is horrifying. And depressing.

Roll on sundown, when it's time for my depressant reliever. I just got some from Mercadona.
Old Apr 12th 2012, 12:58 am
BE Enthusiast

DENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by EmilyPenguin
If your all digging at my spelling, No.. Im not that good and I admit it.. But I again.. I have lived here since I was 9.. and dropped out of school at 14.. But just becasue I cant spell very well dosent mean Im not a responsable and hard wroking young person...
Well said Emily put them in their place,they are just being very bad mannered.
Old Apr 12th 2012, 1:01 am
Banned

Originally Posted by HBG
Jesus H Christ! That first picture is horrifying. And depressing.

Roll on sundown, when it's time for my depressant reliever. I just got some from Mercadona.
I'll pop for a drink...we can listen and weep
Old Apr 12th 2012, 1:15 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo

why depressing ? Is it because it is a reminder that you have also aged in those intervening years ??

I would be more worried if they still looked the same as they did in the 60's
Old Apr 12th 2012, 1:18 am

Originally Posted by DENISE WALTERS
Well said Emily put them in their place,they are just being very bad mannered.
and its taken you 230+ posts to come to that conclusion Denise ??
Old Apr 12th 2012, 1:27 am
BE Enthusiast

DENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Domino
and its taken you 230+ posts to come to that conclusion Denise ??
Si poco lento Just logged on, have not been on for a while , Just could not believe how rude people can be.This poor girl does not deserve all the flack she got. Sad lot
Old Apr 12th 2012, 1:41 am

Originally Posted by DENISE WALTERS
Si poco lento Just logged on, have not been on for a while , Just could not believe how rude people can be.This poor girl does not deserve all the flack she got. Sad lot
yes Denise, it is of course everyone else who is at fault
perhaps if no one had answered it would have made for a far better day for everyone.
Old Apr 12th 2012, 2:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.