Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

A young couple, stepping on the dreaded lader!

Wikiposts

A young couple, stepping on the dreaded lader!

Old Apr 9th 2012, 9:29 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A young couple, stepping on the dreaded lader!

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Well what can you say...I can't say it's rubbish cos I have been warned I could be going on a holiday...does that mean with BIL Oh dear
No ... not at all, but I thought you appreciated posts that bigged up the UK
Old Apr 9th 2012, 9:32 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry
Old Apr 9th 2012, 9:35 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry
for what
Old Apr 9th 2012, 9:36 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

I don't understand what you are saying/refering to
Old Apr 9th 2012, 9:38 am
Senior Moment

I don't understand what you are saying/refering to
You've lost me too
Old Apr 9th 2012, 10:03 am
Banned

Lets leave it then. If I go "on holiday" I'll just return as a single parent with 5 kids looking for a job in Spain and get a bit of support from the mods (don't mean you)
Old Apr 10th 2012, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

EmilyPenguin is a name known to allEmilyPenguin is a name known to allEmilyPenguin is a name known to allEmilyPenguin is a name known to allEmilyPenguin is a name known to allEmilyPenguin is a name known to allEmilyPenguin is a name known to allEmilyPenguin is a name known to allEmilyPenguin is a name known to allEmilyPenguin is a name known to allEmilyPenguin is a name known to all

Originally Posted by JLFS
It isnt the norm for people in the UK to get stabbed or abducted, in fact it is very unlikely.

Dont you watch the news? There is always someone getting stabbed, shot, robbed, Raped, . I used to play out in the street with the other kids at midnight in the summer when I was a kid, or go out down the town with mates at night when I was a young teen! Stuff that dosent happen in the UK, .... Whilst I was doing that and living a free safe life in a town where the biggest crime we saw was the neibourghs dog humping a cat.. On TV England was doing the whole fight against knife crime!... Come on.. I have Facebook and 4 terrible boy cousins who are always mouthing off about someone getting stabbed, or beaten up,.. Ive seen the documentrys of gangs that hang around on corners and randomly beat someone up! ... Ive been a kid that was brought up being bullied ... I pass on going back to that life...

Litraly, the biggest crime Ive seen in Estepona,.. was a stabbing between Gitanos, and some guiris who were drug traficating!

Yeah bad happens all around the world, and I aint saying that Its perfect down my way... But the stuff I see on TV about England scares me... Nevermind that its classed as a total dump...:S
Old Apr 10th 2012, 11:30 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmilyPenguin
Dont you watch the news? There is always someone getting stabbed, shot, robbed, Raped, . I used to play out in the street with the other kids at midnight in the summer when I was a kid, or go out down the town with mates at night when I was a young teen! Stuff that dosent happen in the UK, .... Whilst I was doing that and living a free safe life in a town where the biggest crime we saw was the neibourghs dog humping a cat.. On TV England was doing the whole fight against knife crime!... Come on.. I have Facebook and 4 terrible boy cousins who are always mouthing off about someone getting stabbed, or beaten up,.. Ive seen the documentrys of gangs that hang around on corners and randomly beat someone up! ... Ive been a kid that was brought up being bullied ... I pass on going back to that life...

Yeah bad happens all around the world, and I aint saying that Its perfect down my way... But the stuff I see on TV about England scares me... Nevermind that its classed as a total dump...:S
You shouldn't rely on tv news as your source of info about what it's really like to live in the UK. Things that don't happen obviously aren't reported. I spend time in England every year, with my kid, in London and points south, and I can assure you that I have never even felt threatened. I grew up in London, so I have some history there, and while there is probably more violence than there used to be, it most assuredly does not dominate daily life.
Old Apr 10th 2012, 11:32 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Litraly, the biggest crime Ive seen in Estepona,.. was a stabbing between Gitanos, and some guiris who were drug traficating!

Sorry but I think you are getting it out of proportion...in fact much of what you have just posted is a load of rubbish. Sure there are bad areas in the UK...there are bad areas in all countries/cities/towns...but I have never experienced or know anyone that has experienced the things you speak of. You are talking of things that you've have no experience of...instead you are quoting what others are feeding you.

I find your last remark offensive. The UK is not a total dump...it is still a great country to live.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Apr 10th 2012 at 11:36 am.
Old Apr 10th 2012, 11:37 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Sorry but I think you are getting it out of proportion. Sure there are bad areas in the UK...there are bad areas in all countries/cities/towns...but I have never experienced or know anyone that has experienced the things you speak of.

I find your last remark offensive. The UK is not a total dump...it is still a great country to live.
Yeah. You need to experience the country before writing it off Emily.

I would move back there in a heartbeat if I could - and will, in fact, as soon as I can.

It is a country full of warm, friendly, vibrant people, endless history, culture and beautiful land and seascapes. I love it.
Old Apr 10th 2012, 11:43 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter

I would move back there in a heartbeat if I could - and will, in fact, as soon as I can.

It is a country full of warm, friendly, vibrant people, endless history, culture and beautiful land and seascapes. I love it.
So would I. I count myself very lucky to be British.
Old Apr 10th 2012, 11:45 am

So would I. I count myself very lucky to be British.

Plus it has pubs.
Old Apr 10th 2012, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

EmilyPenguin is a name known to allEmilyPenguin is a name known to allEmilyPenguin is a name known to allEmilyPenguin is a name known to allEmilyPenguin is a name known to allEmilyPenguin is a name known to allEmilyPenguin is a name known to allEmilyPenguin is a name known to allEmilyPenguin is a name known to allEmilyPenguin is a name known to allEmilyPenguin is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter

Warm and friendy?!..... I went back there for 4 days about 6 years ago and people dont even look you in the eye!!!!....

How many conversations have I had with English people that live here in Spain tell me how nice it is to say hello to your neibourg, or walk passed the shop keeper in the street, who lives on the other side of town who has serverd you twice and have him ackowlage you and say hello!!
Or how much friendlier they are here, and family orientated,...

Everyone I have come across say it.. in fact.. I think you bunch are the frist people I have heard say something nice about the Uk in years!!!
Old Apr 10th 2012, 12:07 pm

Warm and friendy?!..... I went back there for 4 days about 6 years ago and people dont even look you in the eye!!!!....

How many conversations have I had with English people that live here in Spain tell me how nice it is to say hello to your neibourg, or walk passed the shop keeper in the street, who lives on the other side of town who has serverd you twice and have him ackowlage you and say hello!!
Or how much friendlier they are here, and family orientated,...

Everyone I have come across say it.. in fact.. I think you bunch are the frist people I have heard say something nice about the Uk in years!!!
Then you've been talking to the wrong people - which is to say a tiny sample.

Especially if you are confining your conversations to people who have chosen to leave the UK.

Whatever your personal experience was for four days, six years ago, it is hardly enough to judge what it is like to live in a country or be part of it. That makes about as much sense as me judging Spain based on the holiday I spent there for four weeks when I was 13.

Last edited by Lion in Winter; Apr 10th 2012 at 12:12 pm.
Old Apr 10th 2012, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry but I think you are getting it out of proportion...in fact much of what you have just posted is a load of rubbish. Sure there are bad areas in the UK...there are bad areas in all countries/cities/towns...but I have never experienced or know anyone that has experienced the things you speak of. You are talking of things that you've have no experience of...instead you are quoting what others are feeding you.

Okey, quoting on what ALOT of people have fed me maybe..
and maybe Im just used to a difrent and free'er way of life,
The little expirence that I have had from the UK is enough to tell me I dont want to live there... To me? It looks like a dump, Im used to palm trees and sunshine.. I admit, Where I was born, is a very pretty town, Thetford has lots of history and what not... But Id never move back there because of how unsafe it is, and Im saying this from storys my family have told me.

Ive worked around English people, Expats since I started working and I cant recall not one person that has had a good thing to say about the UK other then its supermarkets... (Which I live near Gibraltar, and morrisons is a stunner of a supermarket)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.