Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

A young couple, stepping on the dreaded lader!

Wikiposts

A young couple, stepping on the dreaded lader!

Old Apr 8th 2012, 4:19 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A young couple, stepping on the dreaded lader!

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Perhaps when they got some genuine posters instead of a bunch of wind ups and trolls...my tail isn't between my legs. I just wish I could be sure I was answering an old bloke or a 21 yr old

One thing about these threads, it is a really good way to settle old scores
Are you 12?

Good grief.
Old Apr 8th 2012, 4:20 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmilyPenguin
want me to prove you wrong? Your getting on my nervs now... PM your skype name and Ill show you who I am.... For god sakes... Im 20 years old... 21 in October.. I aint no wind up....

This will be the last time I use this fourm for asking questions I can assure you that... most of you are rude and seems like you have nothing better to do then be trollers becasue your bored... Get a hoobie!

Jacky.... if you dont like it.. then stop posting here... move on....
Take no notice, they do it to all the Newbies, even ones who post more than once they attack. Stay, don't be put off, what the forum needs is more posters, their nastiness is diluted then, it becomes less audible, if we get enough newbies maybe they will be reduced to no more than a murmur.... There are some genuinely nice posters on here, stick with it.
Old Apr 8th 2012, 4:25 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Take no notice, they do it to all the Newbies, even ones who post more than once they attack. Stay, don't be put off, what the forum needs is more posters, their nastiness is diluted then, it becomes less audible, if we get enough newbies maybe they will be reduced to no more than a murmur.... There are some genuinely nice posters on here, stick with it.
& there's always the ignore button
Old Apr 8th 2012, 4:26 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmilyPenguin
want me to prove you wrong? Your getting on my nervs now... PM your skype name and Ill show you who I am.... For god sakes... Im 20 years old... 21 in October.. I aint no wind up....

This will be the last time I use this fourm for asking questions I can assure you that... most of you are rude and seems like you have nothing better to do then be trollers becasue your bored... Get a hoobie!

Jacky.... if you dont like it.. then stop posting here... move on....
Pay no attention to the playground bullies - you appear to have more maturity than they do.

Also, there are other areas of the forum where you can participate, like The Lounge.
Old Apr 8th 2012, 4:29 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
& there's always the ignore button
I know that Lynn but the thing that annoys me is how it looks for people reading but not yet joined up, it makes the whole forum look nasty and unfriendly, ignore only helps with existing members.
Old Apr 8th 2012, 4:35 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Pay no attention to the playground bullies - you appear to have more maturity than they do.

Also, there are other areas of the forum where you can participate, like The Lounge.
Emily sounds like she could hold her own in TIO.

Welcome to BE Emily ...please visit us in The Lounge.
Old Apr 8th 2012, 4:40 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
I know that Lynn but the thing that annoys me is how it looks for people reading but not yet joined up, it makes the whole forum look nasty and unfriendly, ignore only helps with existing members.
you're right - it does make it look an unfriendly place -and it isn't, not really - just a few grumpy old g**s who seem to be doing it for effect & spoil it for everyone else

opinions are one thing - it's the backbiting & personal 'scores' that pull it down - & it doesn't have to be that way

and I reckon Emily could do just that Jerseygirl - I'm not going there though
Old Apr 8th 2012, 4:49 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

The whole thing is being discussed in a "higher place"
Old Apr 8th 2012, 4:52 am
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
The whole thing is being discussed in a "higher place"
now where's that 'like' button
Old Apr 8th 2012, 5:11 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Well you all have a choice to use the button don't you. A few who have joined in on this didn't bother to make any suggestions to the OP if you think it is genuine. As for bullying well a few on this thread know all about that don't you, you know who you are and only join in when there is a contencious thread. Just like a pack of wolves, say nowt until one pops in

I may be out on my own here, but I think some of the recent stuff is spoiling a good forum. others think the same but prefer to keep their opinions private.

NEXT
Old Apr 8th 2012, 5:15 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
I may be out on my own here, but I think some of the recent stuff is spoiling a good forum. others think the same but prefer to keep their opinions private.

NEXT

I'm not keeping MY opinions private, and I completely agree with you 100%
Old Apr 8th 2012, 5:29 am
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Ok at the riskof getting banned and/or slated for being frank, here goes.

I understand where J2 is coming from, thinking that the post could be a wind up.

What I find remarkable about the post is tha the OP states that she, dropped out of school at 14 to work, worked for 2 euros an hour to FEED her parents, (as she could not let them starve) and effectively sacrificed part of her childhood and education.

I find it incredible that the parents did not call a halt to all that, and head back to the UK?
I for one would not allow a child of mine to make such a sacrifice, and it is not as if they come from Africa or somehwere where children carrying this type of burden is accepted and quite often the norm.

I cannot imagine manyif any posters on here would let that happen to their own children, if things were so bad, wouldnt most have gone back to the UK and taken over the reigns of supporting the family,if only claiming benfits?

I know I would, if it was a case of "exploitation" of one of my kids, at 2 euros an hour.

Fine yougsters getting jobs, for their own bits, clothes CDs, going out etc,but to support parents, no way, especially coming from a country like the UK.

If anyone is offended bythis post,that was not my intention, but it is the way Isee it.
The parent has the responsibility to provide for minor children, not the other way round.
Old Apr 8th 2012, 5:33 am
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by JLFS

I understand where J2 is coming from, thinking that the post could be a wind up.

What I find remarkable about the post is tha the OP states that she, dropped out of school at 14 to work, worked for 2 euros an hour to FEED her parents, (as she could not let them starve) and effectively sacrificed part of her childhood and education.

I find it incredible that the parents did not call a halt to all that, and head back to the UK?
I for one would not allow a child of mine to make such a sacrifice, and it is not as if they come from Africa or somehwere where children carrying this type of burden is accepted and quite often the norm.

I cannot imagine manyif any posters on here would let that happen to their own children, if things were so bad, wouldnt most have gone back to the UK and taken over the reigns of supporting the family,if only claiming benfits?

I know I would, if it was a case of "exploitation" of one of my kids, at 2 euros an hour.

Fine yougsters getting jobs, for their own bits, clothes CDs, going out etc,but to support parents, no way, especially coming from a country like the UK.

If anyone is offended bythis post,that was not my intention, but it is the way Isee it.
The parent has the responsibility to provide for minor children, not the other way round.
it's not always possible to get back though - no-one (govt. wise) will pay your fare for you & not everyone has family who can lend them the money

my OH & a few friends clubbed together & paid fares for people to get back more than once - not everyone is in the position to get that help - some won't ask
Old Apr 8th 2012, 5:58 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by lynnxa
you're right - it does make it look an unfriendly place -and it isn't, not really - just a few grumpy old g**s who seem to be doing it for effect & spoil it for everyone else

opinions are one thing - it's the backbiting & personal 'scores' that pull it down - & it doesn't have to be that way

and I reckon Emily could do just that Jerseygirl - I'm not going there though
There used to be a great mix of helpful posters and complete pisstakers, sometimes they mixed and sometimes they didn't but it was never as nasty as it can be now, don't get me wrong, I like a good argument, Bil can testify to that but people don't just argue anymore, they drag up old crap and we all end up going around in circles. I rarely agreed with Bil but I never slammed him for having an opinion!
Shame really because I get the feeling that the reason we don't hear from many of the older posters (not just the old ones but the "older" ones) is because of all the back stabbing.
Old Apr 8th 2012, 6:01 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JLFS

I prefer to keep an open mind and show some respect as long as there is an element of doubt about the honesty of a poster.

I think we will all have formed an opinion in our own minds regarding her parents, though possibly we don't know the full story, however under the stressful circumstances it's not going to make the lassie feel any better by repeatedly slagging them off.

There are times when a little diplomacy would not go amiss.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.