Vaccination

Old Jul 22nd 2011, 9:07 am
  #76  
squeaky clean
 
jojojojojo's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
Posts: 1,576
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vaccination

Originally Posted by bil
There are loads of people who believe in crystals and angels too, and those people who believe that we should not vaccinate should get together and rub each other with the relevant crystals and that will do the trick.

As I have said, there is a risk in vaccinating your child.

OK, let's go down your road, and take it to its logical conclusion and cease all vaccination.

Where will we be then? Why do you think people have striven for vaccination?

Without it we would still be in the dark ages of disease, smallpox would ravage the world again, taking turns with polio, measels and so on.

This I assume would be a Good Thing in your eyes?

As to how dare I? I am stating my opinion. You are like someone who watches other people get dirty digging and watering the crops, and then waltzes in to harvest what you want saying that you don't believe in getting dirty.

That is parasitic behaviour. Oh you can get away with it, sure, a lot of you can. You let the rest of us take the risk of vaccinating our children, and you decide on the basis of a bit of dodgy cod science and opinions which you pass off as facts that you will skip the risk and rely on the herd immunity that the rest of us have worked hard to set up.
You and your opinions lost any respect with me and others on here when you had to resort to name calling. Calling someone a waste of space is an insult not a justifiable argument. You obviously dont even read other peoples opinions, just blindly follow your own. Ignore and insult anyone who doesnt agree with you.

Jo
jojojojojo is offline  
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 9:40 am
  #77  
MODERATOR
 
Rosemary's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Costa Valencia
Posts: 14,798
Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vaccination

Originally Posted by bil
Rosemary. A simple question. You have addressed the risk to children thru vaccination and disease on the basis of living in a nice world where there is herd immunity.

Now tell us which would do more harm to children. Vaccinating them all or vaccinating none, and allowing disease to run thru the population.
I doubt very much whether there will ever be this world that you talk about regarding vaccination. There will always be people who choose or insist on vaccination and there will always be people who choose or insist on no vaccination. Therefore the two extreme opposites that you mention, the opposite poles would be nigh on impossible, I do not think that you can ask me for an opinion on something that asks for such conjecture.

We are a civilised society which encourages people to form their own opinions, so one of the things that we form opinions on is vaccination. To enforce total vaccination regardless of peoples beliefs would be a dictatorship as would stopping all vaccinations.

Rosemary
Rosemary is offline  
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 9:46 am
  #78  
bil
Banned
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Vejer de la Fra., Cadiz
Posts: 7,653
bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vaccination

Originally Posted by The Oddities
I doubt very much whether there will ever be this world that you talk about regarding vaccination. There will always be people who choose or insist on vaccination and there will always be people who choose or insist on no vaccination. Therefore the two extreme opposites that you mention, the opposite poles would be nigh on impossible, I do not think that you can ask me for an opinion on something that asks for such conjecture.

We are a civilised society which encourages people to form their own opinions, so one of the things that we form opinions on is vaccination. To enforce total vaccination regardless of peoples beliefs would be a dictatorship as would stopping all vaccinations.

Rosemary
Rosemary, I wasn't looking at this as anything other than analogy.

The question is how would the difference in children's health compare in an imaginary world where every child was vaccinated, as compared to an equally imaginary world where there was no such thing as vaccination.

For a start, Iron lungs wouldn't be a museum exhibit, would they? They (or their equivalent) would be out there in real life.
bil is offline  
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 10:08 am
  #79  
bil
Banned
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Vejer de la Fra., Cadiz
Posts: 7,653
bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vaccination

Originally Posted by jojojojojo
You and your opinions lost any respect with me and others on here when you had to resort to name calling. Calling someone a waste of space is an insult not a justifiable argument. You obviously dont even read other peoples opinions, just blindly follow your own. Ignore and insult anyone who doesnt agree with you.

Jo
I just repeat the mantra. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

You claim that vaccination isn't needed, that diseases are no longer a threat, that they have mutated.

I ask you just for a little proof, a smidgeon even, just to say which of the previously devastating diseases have become harmless, but you can't do that. That's why I don't respect your opinions, because they are just that.

Jojo, I don't need to mock you. What you put forward is joke enough.
bil is offline  
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 11:27 am
  #80  
squeaky clean
 
jojojojojo's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
Posts: 1,576
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vaccination

Originally Posted by bil
I just repeat the mantra. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

You claim that vaccination isn't needed, that diseases are no longer a threat, that they have mutated.

I ask you just for a little proof, a smidgeon even, just to say which of the previously devastating diseases have become harmless, but you can't do that. That's why I don't respect your opinions, because they are just that.

Jojo, I don't need to mock you. What you put forward is joke enough.
......... as the many PMs I'm receiving keep saying "stop feeding the troll" So I'm not feeding you and lok at the state you're getting in lol

jo
jojojojojo is offline  
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 1:44 pm
  #81  
bil
Banned
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Vejer de la Fra., Cadiz
Posts: 7,653
bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vaccination

Originally Posted by jojojojojo
......... as the many PMs I'm receiving keep saying "stop feeding the troll" So I'm not feeding you and lok at the state you're getting in lol

jo
I shall just go cry myself to sleep then. Your definition of a troll is someone who keeps saying 'Please demonstrate that you opinion has some grounding in fact'.

As I have said before, you have spent paragraph after paragraph refusing to give an answer that would have taken two lines.

I'm in a state? Who's the one shrieking her offence at being branded a waste of space? In debate, that's what we call people who throw down an opinion, and when challenged to back it p, run shrieking for mummy.

Go on then, stop posting and give us all a break.
bil is offline  
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 3:15 pm
  #82  
Sue
BE Co-Founder
 
Sue's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2000
Location: Florida
Posts: 25,928
Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vaccination

Originally Posted by bil
I shall just go cry myself to sleep then. Your definition of a troll is someone who keeps saying 'Please demonstrate that you opinion has some grounding in fact'.

As I have said before, you have spent paragraph after paragraph refusing to give an answer that would have taken two lines.

I'm in a state? Who's the one shrieking her offence at being branded a waste of space? In debate, that's what we call people who throw down an opinion, and when challenged to back it p, run shrieking for mummy.

Go on then, stop posting and give us all a break.
You are not going to change another's opinion, so please stop the badgering. Either except that or take a step back from this thread, because your starting to spoil the discussion for others.

Thanks
Sue is offline  
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 4:20 pm
  #83  
Forum Regular
 
Rostra's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 109
Rostra is just really niceRostra is just really niceRostra is just really niceRostra is just really niceRostra is just really niceRostra is just really niceRostra is just really niceRostra is just really niceRostra is just really niceRostra is just really niceRostra is just really nice
Default Re: Vaccination

Originally Posted by bil
Please tell me this is a joke.

Do you know why they are called childhood diseases? It's because they are usually caught when young, when they have a comparatively mild effect. So called 'childhood' diseases when caught as an adult can be very serious indeed.
My ex OH, on a visit to Lanza four years ago, caught Mumps. We knew he's had it as a child, since he gave it to his father and was never forgiven.

My Lanza GP went on a rant about irresponsible parents who don't immunise their kids in countries where it isnt compulsory (UK) then bring them on holiday with their attendant bugs. According to her Spain is having a mini epidemic of 'elders' catching childhood diseases for the second time, because by the time you get to 60+ your immunity might be wearing off.

The Ex OH is still so ill four years later that he has had to go back to the UK so he can see specialists (not available on his EHIC). It has adversly affected liver, kidneys etc. He'll never enjoy a drop of red again.

Poor old b***er.
Rostra is offline  
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 4:24 pm
  #84  
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: In the middle of 10million Olive Trees
Posts: 12,053
Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vaccination

Originally Posted by Rostra
My ex OH, on a visit to Lanza four years ago, caught Mumps. We knew he's had it as a child, since he gave it to his father and was never forgiven.

My Lanza GP went on a rant about irresponsible parents who don't immunise their kids in countries where it isnt compulsory (UK) then bring them on holiday with their attendant bugs. According to her Spain is having a mini epidemic of 'elders' catching childhood diseases for the second time, because by the time you get to 60+ your immunity might be wearing off.

The Ex OH is still so ill four years later that he has had to go back to the UK so he can see specialists (not available on his EHIC). It has adversly affected liver, kidneys etc. He'll never enjoy a drop of red again.
Poor old b***er.

if he doesn't mind I will do that for him
hope he likes Rioja
Domino is offline  
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 4:41 pm
  #85  
Forum Regular
 
Rostra's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 109
Rostra is just really niceRostra is just really niceRostra is just really niceRostra is just really niceRostra is just really niceRostra is just really niceRostra is just really niceRostra is just really niceRostra is just really niceRostra is just really niceRostra is just really nice
Default Re: Vaccination

Originally Posted by Domino
if he doesn't mind I will do that for him
hope he likes Rioja
LOL - no, he has all the help he needs, and BTW neither of us like Rioja, after many years of trying.

Love the . Never seen that one before! Just had a look at the other chaps too.
Rostra is offline  
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 5:03 pm
  #86  
bil
Banned
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Vejer de la Fra., Cadiz
Posts: 7,653
bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vaccination

Then again there's German measels. Now there's another disease that you want to be immunised against young.. Last thing you want is as a woman to catch it in the first trimester.
bil is offline  
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 6:13 pm
  #87  
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: In the middle of 10million Olive Trees
Posts: 12,053
Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vaccination

Originally Posted by Rostra
LOL - no, he has all the help he needs, and BTW neither of us like Rioja, after many years of trying.

Love the . Never seen that one before! Just had a look at the other chaps too.
http://bit.ly/nSSjUO

gives you an idea of how many there are.

I am more than happy with Valdepenas, the OH works with the daughter of one of the producers

Last edited by Sue; Jul 22nd 2011 at 6:16 pm. Reason: Shortened URL it was pushing the thread all out of whack ;)
Domino is offline  
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 7:28 pm
  #88  
VFR
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Valencia area
Posts: 1,157
VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vaccination

Originally Posted by bil
I shall just go cry myself to sleep then. Your definition of a troll is someone who keeps saying 'Please demonstrate that you opinion has some grounding in fact'.

Well Bil she has said that she has spent a good many years in the medical world & took her decision after learning about some inside info that she may not be at liberty to talk about (I guess)
Chances are that she knows a good deal more about the subject than you or I.



I'm in a state? Who's the one shrieking her offence at being branded a waste of space? In debate, that's what we call people who throw down an opinion, and when challenged to back it p, run shrieking for mummy.
Do I remember another long running thread on here where you kept being abusive to (Whitelinen ?) another female member, as you clearly started on this thread the moment Jo gave her opinion which she is entitled to do.
I ask the question would you speak to Jo in this manner if her husband was standing there as well ?,......... no I thought not !


Go on then, stop posting and give us all a break.
VFR is offline  
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 9:06 pm
  #89  
bil
Banned
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Vejer de la Fra., Cadiz
Posts: 7,653
bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vaccination

I think it's traditional to wait for an answer rather than trying to supply it yourself.

I speak to everyone as they speak to me.

Do you really mean to suggest that her husband is the kind of person who stoops to violence in order to defend his wife's failure to answer a simple question?

For shame.
bil is offline  
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 9:34 pm
  #90  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,368
agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vaccination

Originally Posted by bil
I think it's traditional to wait for an answer rather than trying to supply it yourself.

I speak to everyone as they speak to me.

Do you really mean to suggest that her husband is the kind of person who stoops to violence in order to defend his wife's failure to answer a simple question?

For shame.
Give it up, get over it man, move on! Even by your standards, you´re becoming " muy pesao". I´m strongly opposed to her views, I seem to remember she played the "medically qualified" card before on the smoking threads, but she´s entitled to her views, even if they don´t agree with mine or yours. Rightly or wrongly, (wrongly in our view) I´m sure she had her childrens well being at heart. Ciber bullies are ten a penny, have a day off.
agoreira is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.