Vaccination

Old Jul 21st 2011, 7:31 pm
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vaccination

Originally Posted by bil
All of a sudden I have this image of a little girl starting something in the playground and then running to tell teacher about the nasty boys.

Sue, all I'm asking for is an answer. It's a simple answer and anyone who had the facts, could answer it in a single line of type.

Look, If say that there are triangles with both more, and less than 180 degrees. What would people say? Bullsh*t would be one phrase, followed by a demand for proof. Now, if I then started waffling, and accused them of being aggressive and pressurising me, what would that say pure and simple?

Not vaccinating your child is to ride on the backs of others who do vaccinate. It isn't a 'choice to be recognised'. It's anti social at best, and when it is wrapped in the 'crystal, angels and so on' wrapper it is no better than an attempt to spread dishonest data.

Oh yes, I can draw a triangle with more than 180 degrees. Or less.
Its a debate, its a choice and we have different opinions.

THE END!!
Old Jul 21st 2011, 7:35 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

You are entitled to your own opinions but not your own facts.
Old Jul 21st 2011, 7:36 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

I am struggling to work out why someone so high in the world of medicine would use facebook groups for research.
Old Jul 21st 2011, 7:52 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jojojojojo

THE END!!
Jo, you stated those diseases mutating and or becoming harmless as a fact.

Are you now saying it's just an opinion, not backed up by facts?
Old Jul 21st 2011, 8:27 pm
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
Jo, you stated those diseases mutating and or becoming harmless as a fact.

Are you now saying it's just an opinion, not backed up by facts?
Er....I'm saying discussion over, finito, THE END

Jo
Old Jul 21st 2011, 10:35 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Er....I'm saying discussion over, finito, THE END

Jo
Jo, everyone gets it. You don't know what you are talking about, and it shows. You have wasted 10 times the effort it would have taken to answer the question in refusing to answer it.

You are basically parasitising the efforts of others who do vaccinate your children, so that they have to take a small risk with their children, while you not only get a free ride, you then denegrate the process that you parasitise.

You really are a waste of space.
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 6:31 am
squeaky clean

Originally Posted by bil
Jo, everyone gets it. You don't know what you are talking about, and it shows. You have wasted 10 times the effort it would have taken to answer the question in refusing to answer it.

You are basically parasitising the efforts of others who do vaccinate your children, so that they have to take a small risk with their children, while you not only get a free ride, you then denegrate the process that you parasitise.

You really are a waste of space.
How dare you speak to anyone like that. You are rude and insulting and not someone I feel worthy to discuss anything with, no wonder newbies leave fairly promptly. It maybe worth you knowing that there are people on here who have been PMing me telling me they aggree with me but are too frightened to express their thoughts on the open forum - TOO FRIGHTENED, what are you turning this forum into, your own dicatorship?????

I used to work in the industry, although that is none of your business. I simply have my views, which someone as ignorant as you wont change and I dont wish to degrade myself to fight with you on an expat forum as I have more respect for the forum and its owners. Whats that expression " Having a battle of wits with the unarmed isnt much fun!" So therefore I havent and wont discuss them with you.

There are many many websites on the internet on the dangers of vaccinations and many other things, theres one that I actually help run. Have a look through if you wish, or not. I personally do look, ask questions and find out more from many sources before I go running to the "experts" to stick needles in my kids as I am one and know how the system works. But I dont broadcast my qualifications or reasons on this particular as its not an expat issue

Jo

Last edited by jojojojojo; Jul 22nd 2011 at 6:42 am.
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 6:54 am
squeaky clean

Originally Posted by Sue
I know this is an emotive subject with strong opinions on both sides, but lets not go down the name calling road. Just because someone doesn't agree with another doesn't make them an idiot.

Thanks all ..... as you were.

Heres a reminder of the forum owners opinions, please stick to them

jo
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 6:58 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, Sue does the night shift.

I'm back online now and I will have no hesitation in deleting any post that contains any personal comments about another poster.

As Sue said, it is an emotive issue but puerile name calling has no place here.
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 7:15 am
FreeThinker

THE END!!
jojo you are not debating. You are expressing dodgy views masquerading as facts (see your list of random diseases - no idea what that was about) and declaring 'expertise' and 'high up in the medical profession' without saying what that expertise is. I must say that some of the things you say don't give me confidence in your medical knowledge. Beyond giving pointers to a couple of single interest facebook groups you have not given any evidence for your 'beliefs'. Do you have any evidence? It seems that it is a matter of faith to you - you believe just coz yes.
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 7:42 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

I fail to understand why members have to argue in this way about subjects that have no real right or wrong answer. We all gather information throughout our lives which has an affect on our opinions and our actions. Disagreeing with someones opinion is part of life but trying to force opinions down other peoples throats is not wanted or acceptable.

My experience was that my eldest two children had all of the vaccinations as they were born during a time when it was the "norm" and people did not resist. When my next two were due for theirs I had heard many horror stories so went to discuss this with my GP who was also a parent to a child the same age. After weighing up the pros and cons and not really finding an acceptable middle road I asked what he was going to do for his child and he said vaccinate so I made the decision to have mine done too. I valued his opinion and followed his actions.

Since that time the debate has continued, mixed information is available for parents to make an "informed" decision and they do, their choice, their risks, the risks work both ways. Before anyone jumps and shouts that the parents who do not vaccinate are putting others at risk I think that if you research the matter deeply enough there will be scientists who have the opinion that a percentage of people not availing themselves of the injections has a low influence on changes in diseases. Research is often paid for by interested parties so this affects how that research is done so the results are rarely fool proof and totally reliable. So we all muddle through life either accepting certain people opinions or ignoring them, that is our right as human beings who can think for ourselves and form opinions for ourselves.

I have worked in the health service and social services in the disability section. I have seen children who were harmed by the injections and seen children harmed by not having the injections so if I had to talk to a parent about the risks at this time I would not really know what to say to them.

Rosemary
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 7:49 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, I've been following this thread with interest from the France forum.
French State schools demand proof of vaccinations before a child can enter Nursery/Primary/Secondary schools and University.
If any one has a cut requiring medical care, the first question is "is your tetanos vaccination still valid?" and, if not, then an immediate injection is given, whatever one thinks about vaccinations.
A neighbour of ours who wasn't vaccinated against rubella, contracted it just when she was pregnant. She spent the rest of the pregnancy taking extra tests and worrying, and reproached her mother for not having vaccinated her or ensured that she caught it young. I imagine the same would apply if a young man caught mumps....
The anti-vaccination member has the right to refuse to protect her children, but if she can get away with it now, one day they'll have to be vaccinated if they go travelling abroad, so why put it off?
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 8:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Oddities, karma to you (had to spread it around so couldn't send it)

Possibly the most well thought out well expressed post in this thread.
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 8:48 am
bil
Banned

How dare you speak to anyone like that. You are rude and insulting and not someone I feel worthy to discuss anything with, no wonder newbies leave fairly promptly. It maybe worth you knowing that there are people on here who have been PMing me telling me they aggree with me but are too frightened to express their thoughts on the open forum - TOO FRIGHTENED, what are you turning this forum into, your own dicatorship?????

I used to work in the industry, although that is none of your business. I simply have my views, which someone as ignorant as you wont change and I dont wish to degrade myself to fight with you on an expat forum as I have more respect for the forum and its owners. Whats that expression " Having a battle of wits with the unarmed isnt much fun!" So therefore I havent and wont discuss them with you.

There are many many websites on the internet on the dangers of vaccinations and many other things, theres one that I actually help run. Have a look through if you wish, or not. I personally do look, ask questions and find out more from many sources before I go running to the "experts" to stick needles in my kids as I am one and know how the system works. But I dont broadcast my qualifications or reasons on this particular as its not an expat issue

Jo
There are loads of people who believe in crystals and angels too, and those people who believe that we should not vaccinate should get together and rub each other with the relevant crystals and that will do the trick.

As I have said, there is a risk in vaccinating your child.

OK, let's go down your road, and take it to its logical conclusion and cease all vaccination.

Where will we be then? Why do you think people have striven for vaccination?

Without it we would still be in the dark ages of disease, smallpox would ravage the world again, taking turns with polio, measels and so on.

This I assume would be a Good Thing in your eyes?

As to how dare I? I am stating my opinion. You are like someone who watches other people get dirty digging and watering the crops, and then waltzes in to harvest what you want saying that you don't believe in getting dirty.

That is parasitic behaviour. Oh you can get away with it, sure, a lot of you can. You let the rest of us take the risk of vaccinating our children, and you decide on the basis of a bit of dodgy cod science and opinions which you pass off as facts that you will skip the risk and rely on the herd immunity that the rest of us have worked hard to set up.
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 8:51 am
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by The Oddities
I have worked in the health service and social services in the disability section. I have seen children who were harmed by the injections and seen children harmed by not having the injections so if I had to talk to a parent about the risks at this time I would not really know what to say to them.

Rosemary
Rosemary. A simple question. You have addressed the risk to children thru vaccination and disease on the basis of living in a nice world where there is herd immunity.

Now tell us which would do more harm to children. Vaccinating them all or vaccinating none, and allowing disease to run thru the population.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.