Vaccination

Old Jul 21st 2011, 1:48 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vaccination

Originally Posted by jojojojojo
In my experience the only thing these vaccinations prevent is the pharmaceutical industries loss of profits.
Of course you are right.

I had completely forgotton how Smallpox just got fed up with killing millions of children and went away of its own accord.
Old Jul 21st 2011, 2:01 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
Of course you are right.

I had completely forgotton how Smallpox just got fed up with killing millions of children and went away of its own accord.
Sadly that's what some people 'believe'. That all the diseases which have been eradicated or dramatically curtailed by vaccine programs were in decline anyway.

One person even told me that Scarlet Fever had died out of it's own accord.
Old Jul 21st 2011, 2:10 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

If you say so

Jo xx
Glad you agree with me jojo.

Who do you think is right in this case? bil, me, naladogs, lynnxa, Fred James, Domino, snikpoh and jackytoo or, er, you?
(remember there is only one correct answer...)
Old Jul 21st 2011, 2:18 pm
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimenato

Who do you think is right in this case? bil, me, naladogs, lynnxa, Fred James, Domino, snikpoh and jackytoo or, er, you?
Well obviously I think mine is the right answer of course and I'm happy with my decision and wouldnt and wont change it

Jo xxx
Old Jul 21st 2011, 2:22 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

I guess that I read different studies and statistics. I've seen so many kids who've had the vaccinations and still caught the illnesses, I've seen kids who've not had the vaccines who havent, inspite of being in contact not caught the illnesses.

Its not a matter of altruism, its a matter of trusting ones own instincts and not following like sheep the "its know, so it must be true" rhetoric.

For me and my kids, its so far so good and if it aint broken dont fix it. Life is full of decisions and risks sadly and these are mine

Jo xxx
Please tell me this is a joke.

Otherwise you are coming across as the kind of idiot that prefers to gamble with their kid's lives.

The risks from having them vaccinated are far, far smaller than the risks from them having the disease.

I agree, some people don't have the vaccination and don't have the disease. They might have a natural immunity. I personally value my kids too highly to gamble with them that way.

Do you know why they are called childhood diseases? It's because they are usually caught when young, when they have a comparatively mild effect. So called 'childhood' diseases when caught as an adult can be very serious indeed.

As for

its a matter of trusting ones own instincts and not following like sheep the "its know, so it must be true" rhetoric.

I think that if you actually read the studies, it's an accepted FACT that immunising your children is a Good Thing. If vaccination, were as flawed as you suggest, it would have come out BIG TIME. Look at all the research that went into the claims that vaccination was connected to autism. That was very thoroughly investigated and found to be false.
Old Jul 21st 2011, 2:24 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Well obviously I think mine is the right answer of course and I'm happy with my decision and wouldnt and wont change it

Jo xxx
Jo, you never strike me as someone who would ever let commonsense, intelligence or facts alter their 'gawdelpus' opinion.

You stay safe in your own little world.
Old Jul 21st 2011, 2:39 pm
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

I have worked fairly high up in the medical profession all of my adult life. I have overseen studies, I have seen huge amounts of money changing hands. Many nasty illnesses have been eradicated. Some have mutated into other things and some have gone forever (we hope). Anyway, as far as I'm concerned, many of the illnesses we still vaccinate against are no longer a threat at all, and no longer need vaccinations. Others are not as dangerous as they are reported by those with a vested interest and others - the flu vaccin is one, only offer 24% protection against the previous years strain.

None of the above addresses the side effects of the vaccines and the method in which they carry them, which is certainly isnt as safe as we're lead to believe. So therefore I stand by my decision, a decision which I made 29 years ago when my first daughter was born and continued with my other four children and I wont change my decision on the subject.

jo xxx
Old Jul 21st 2011, 2:52 pm
Banned

naladogs has a brilliant futurenaladogs has a brilliant futurenaladogs has a brilliant futurenaladogs has a brilliant futurenaladogs has a brilliant futurenaladogs has a brilliant futurenaladogs has a brilliant futurenaladogs has a brilliant future

Interesting - I worked for an American charitable organisation dealing with third world counties - I will let them know, they can save a fortune.
Old Jul 21st 2011, 3:17 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

where did I come into it??

oh yeah..............
Old Jul 21st 2011, 3:20 pm
FreeThinker

I have worked fairly high up in the medical profession all of my adult life. I have overseen studies, I have seen huge amounts of money changing hands. Many nasty illnesses have been eradicated. Some have mutated into other things and some have gone forever (we hope). Anyway, as far as I'm concerned, many of the illnesses we still vaccinate against are no longer a threat at all, and no longer need vaccinations. Others are not as dangerous as they are reported by those with a vested interest and others - the flu vaccin is one, only offer 24% protection against the previous years strain.

None of the above addresses the side effects of the vaccines and the method in which they carry them, which is certainly isnt as safe as we're lead to believe. So therefore I stand by my decision, a decision which I made 29 years ago when my first daughter was born and continued with my other four children and I wont change my decision on the subject.

jo xxx
That's the second time you have said that you wont change your decision. I always prefer to remain open minded.

Which "diseases that we still vaccinate against are no longer a threat at all"?
Old Jul 21st 2011, 3:28 pm
squeaky clean

That's the second time you have said that you wont change your decision. I always prefer to remain open minded.

I guess what I should say is that its a far to big a decision for me to change my thoughts simply by chatting on a forum. I'm a member of medical groups and forums that have experts on the subjects - I dont mean any disrespect btw

As for diseases we still vaccinate against that are no longer a threat, well without going into detail, cos I'm rushing about somewhat right now, diseases that arent treatable or are caused through things that are no longer an issue

Jo xxx
Old Jul 21st 2011, 3:32 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

my 2 girls have had every jab they are 'supposed to' have had - & then some, cos in the states they had to have some they don't need in spain, or they couldn't have gone to school/preschool

however...........when the swine flu was 'big' there were rumours that all kids woukld have be vaccinated against it or be turned away from school - I wouldn't have permitted them to have it

everything I had read about it pointed to there being more risks from the jab than from the illness for an otherwise healthy child

in fact, my older dd did get a dose of H1N1 - or GripeA as they call it here - and fought it off naturally

I'm not pro or con - I prefer to look at each case/vaccination individually
Old Jul 21st 2011, 3:41 pm
bil
Banned

jo xxx

It's seldom one finds someone so medically gifted.

I suppose it's pointless mentioning that only one disease (smallpox) has been EFFECTIVELY eradicated (and they still have that in storage) and to the best of my knowledge, no other disease has come close to extinction.

Tuberculosis for example is making a massive comeback, after our cocky belief that we had it on the run.

You say "Some have mutated into other things and some have gone forever".

Care to let us know which diseases have mutated into what, and which others have 'gone forever' ??
Old Jul 21st 2011, 3:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Seems Spain needs a TIO of its own this past few days
Maybe it's the heat
Old Jul 21st 2011, 3:46 pm
bil
Banned

When criticised by a moron because he had changed his mind, this person replied "When the facts change, I change my mind. Tell me, what do you do?"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.