Vaccination

Old Jul 19th 2011, 4:20 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute
Default Vaccination

I have a friend here in Spain that refuses to have his kids vaccinated and he has had trouble getting them accepted into school - although they are there so he has succeeded.

Apparently in some US states children must be vaccinated to be allowed in to school and some Dr's surgeries are insisting that children must be vaccinated else they must find another practice.

Any thoughts?
Old Jul 19th 2011, 5:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vaccination

My 9yo still hasn't had everything he 'should' have had....... but don't tell anyone!
Old Jul 19th 2011, 6:02 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

The problems with vaccination is that there need to be enough people vaccinated in order to provide 'herd immunity' ie, there are not enough susceptible people to allow the disease to propagate thru the population.

There is a risk in immunising your child, but it should be realised that the risk if they catch the disease is higher. Measels for example kills and damages.

People's perceived risks tho are greater if they are doing something, so they see it as worse to get their child done than doing nothing, because they see it a fate, or 'god's will' and if the do nothing it's somehow not their fault.
Old Jul 20th 2011, 6:40 pm
Banned

naladogs has a brilliant futurenaladogs has a brilliant futurenaladogs has a brilliant futurenaladogs has a brilliant futurenaladogs has a brilliant futurenaladogs has a brilliant futurenaladogs has a brilliant futurenaladogs has a brilliant future

It is totally irresponsible not to vaccinate your child. It is like going back to the dark ages. Also puts the eldery ( who will not have the opportunity of the immunisation ) at risk of catching one of the diseases from a child and could possible lead to their death. Of course the parent responsible couldn't care a less no doubt.
Old Jul 20th 2011, 7:10 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

There are many who are put at risk by the irresponsible and selfish few: Those who are too young to vaccinate, those who have other illnesses and cannot be vaccinated, those for whom the vaccination has failed.

What gets my goat is when they say "and he's never had a cold" with a smug look on their thick, self-satisfied faces.
Old Jul 20th 2011, 7:21 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by naladogs
It is totally irresponsible not to vaccinate your child. It is like going back to the dark ages. Also puts the eldery ( who will not have the opportunity of the immunisation ) at risk of catching one of the diseases from a child and could possible lead to their death. Of course the parent responsible couldn't care a less no doubt.
They are putting their child at risk, but hey, I should care if their brat comes down with something disgusting and is left damaged for life.
Old Jul 20th 2011, 7:29 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimenato
I have a friend here in Spain that refuses to have his kids vaccinated and he has had trouble getting them accepted into school - although they are there so he has succeeded.

Apparently in some US states children must be vaccinated to be allowed in to school and some Dr's surgeries are insisting that children must be vaccinated else they must find another practice.

Any thoughts?
my 2 had to have a huge number of jabs to get into school in Florida - younger than they would have had them in the UK or here

my younger daughter just had her pre-secondary school medical & I was asked for proof that she had had all sorts of vaccinations - which she has in fact had, but the records were lost long ago

the doctor took my word for it - as they did 3 years ago when my elder dd had the same medical

I was telling the truth when Isaid that they had had this long list of jabs - but it would have been easy enough to lie...............
Old Jul 21st 2011, 8:54 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

It is a legal requirement to have cats and dogs vaccinated against rabies, not for their own benefit but to protect humans from the disease.

Surely the same should apply to the vaccination of children?
Old Jul 21st 2011, 10:17 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
It is a legal requirement to have cats and dogs vaccinated against rabies, not for their own benefit but to protect humans from the disease.

Surely the same should apply to the vaccination of children?
must agree, its surely a common sense attitude

how many times have you travelled in a metal cigar tube to\from Uk and there is someone along the plane coughing, spluttering, a child with runny nose (ok at some ages they seem permanantly like that). 3 days later you come down with one of the worst colds you have ever had (because it has been incubated at 10,000 feet under pressure)

vaccination has be instrumental in saving many people from death from things such as malaria.
Old Jul 21st 2011, 12:12 pm
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

I have refused to have any of my children vaccinated against anything. In my experience the only thing these vaccinations prevent is the pharmaceutical industries loss of profits.If you actually look at the contents and statistics and study the research, its proportionally a very small few who are "saved" by these vaccines, which in some cases do more harm than good. Luckily the schools mine have attended have been understanding and have respected my wishes

Jo xxx

Last edited by jojojojojo; Jul 21st 2011 at 12:15 pm.
Old Jul 21st 2011, 12:38 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jojojojojo
I have refused to have any of my children vaccinated against anything. In my experience the only thing these vaccinations prevent is the pharmaceutical industries loss of profits.If you actually look at the contents and statistics and study the research, its proportionally a very small few who are "saved" by these vaccines, which in some cases do more harm than good. Luckily the schools mine have attended have been understanding and have respected my wishes

Jo xxx
I have to say that I totally disagree with what you say. I have studied this as well and come to an entirely different conclusion.

I think you can find any answer you're looking for (stats, damn stats and lies!).

As said before, the benefit is to the 'masses' and not just the individual. Where's the altruism in what you are doing?
Old Jul 21st 2011, 12:58 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Mass vaccination has almost eradicated some diseases/virus.

Why measles and TB is returning is because of many failing to have their kids vaccinated. It should be the law that children are vaccinated, suppose that would be against human rights
Old Jul 21st 2011, 1:11 pm
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
I have to say that I totally disagree with what you say. I have studied this as well and come to an entirely different conclusion.

I think you can find any answer you're looking for (stats, damn stats and lies!).

As said before, the benefit is to the 'masses' and not just the individual. Where's the altruism in what you are doing?
I guess that I read different studies and statistics. I've seen so many kids who've had the vaccinations and still caught the illnesses, I've seen kids who've not had the vaccines who havent, inspite of being in contact not caught the illnesses.

Its not a matter of altruism, its a matter of trusting ones own instincts and not following like sheep the "its know, so it must be true" rhetoric.

For me and my kids, its so far so good and if it aint broken dont fix it. Life is full of decisions and risks sadly and these are mine

Jo xxx
Old Jul 21st 2011, 1:32 pm
FreeThinker

Instincts have nothing to do with it. There is only one right answer - either it is right to vaccinate or it is wrong - both cannot be true. If two people follow their instincts and come to different conclusions then one of those people is wrong.
Old Jul 21st 2011, 1:34 pm
squeaky clean

Originally Posted by jimenato
Instincts have nothing to do with it. There is only one right answer - either it is right to vaccinate or it is wrong - both cannot be true. If two people follow their instincts and come to different conclusions then one of those people is wrong.

If you say so

Jo xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.