Vaccination

Old Jul 21st 2011, 3:48 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vaccination

Originally Posted by jojojojojo
I guess what I should say is that its a far to big a decision for me to change my thoughts simply by chatting on a forum. I'm a member of medical groups and forums that have experts on the subjects - I dont mean any disrespect btw

As for diseases we still vaccinate against that are no longer a threat, well without going into detail, cos I'm rushing about somewhat right now, diseases that arent treatable or are caused through things that are no longer an issue

Jo xxx
No problem. You take your time and list them for us. I'm genuinely curious and prepared to wait. Unless of course this is simply a cop out, in the which case I will be perfectly happy to take the piss.
Old Jul 21st 2011, 3:53 pm
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
It's seldom one finds someone so medically gifted.

I suppose it's pointless mentioning that only one disease (smallpox) has been EFFECTIVELY eradicated (and they still have that in storage) and to the best of my knowledge, no other disease has come close to extinction.

Tuberculosis for example is making a massive comeback, after our cocky belief that we had it on the run.

You say "Some have mutated into other things and some have gone forever".

Care to let us know which diseases have mutated into what, and which others have 'gone forever' ??
Flu, cjd, aids, cholera..... Anyway, we're digressing. As I say, my decision isnt up for discussion. Suffice to say it wasnt taken lightly

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Vaccin...NE/69667273997

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-In...58553577492574

Heres a couple of things I use occasionally

Jo xxx
Old Jul 21st 2011, 3:55 pm
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

The one thing this thread does prove is the constant hounding and prodding that goes on here could, when its to someone who doesnt understand you, cause upset and the arguments. So chill

Jo xxx
Old Jul 21st 2011, 3:56 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fionamw
Seems Spain needs a TIO of its own this past few days
Maybe it's the heat
can't take it outside - way too hot out there...........

pour yourself a cool tinto de verano & chill.............
Old Jul 21st 2011, 3:58 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
It's seldom one finds someone so medically gifted.

I suppose it's pointless mentioning that only one disease (smallpox) has been EFFECTIVELY eradicated (and they still have that in storage) and to the best of my knowledge, no other disease has come close to extinction.

Tuberculosis for example is making a massive comeback, after our cocky belief that we had it on the run.

You say "Some have mutated into other things and some have gone forever".

Care to let us know which diseases have mutated into what, and which others have 'gone forever' ??
someone has forgotten Anthrax - and that is in storage

TB is only making a comeback because of large households, especially (but not exclusively) in certain ethnic communities where overcrowded, people already infected are moving from one houshold to another, or travelling in pressurised germ boxes (known as aircraft). It has also been said that TB can come about from too much damp washing causing high humidity in the house\room

Vaccination comes down to personal choice and should be respected even by those who disagree.
Old Jul 21st 2011, 3:59 pm
Banned

naladogs has a brilliant futurenaladogs has a brilliant futurenaladogs has a brilliant futurenaladogs has a brilliant futurenaladogs has a brilliant futurenaladogs has a brilliant futurenaladogs has a brilliant futurenaladogs has a brilliant future

To ligthen the mood but still keep it in context .

Did you know that earlier this year. That due to outbreaks of polio being on the increase Bill Gates ( Microsoft ) put 100 million into the immunisation fund. To this day we think he thought it was a computer virus - but hell he did good
Old Jul 21st 2011, 4:01 pm
squeaky clean

Originally Posted by lynnxa
can't take it outside - way too hot out there...........

pour yourself a cool tinto de verano & chill.............
raining and cold here, got the heating on, poor daughter got soaked walking home from her new school (daughter wanted to try out a school in the UK, so she's back for the last week to see if she likes it)

Jo xxx

Last edited by jojojojojo; Jul 21st 2011 at 4:03 pm.
Old Jul 21st 2011, 4:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fionamw
Seems Spain needs a TIO of its own this past few days
Maybe it's the heat
Whoooo!!!!

Its hot on this forum anyway.
Old Jul 21st 2011, 4:08 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by naladogs
To ligthen the mood but still keep it in context .

Did you know that earlier this year. That due to outbreaks of polio being on the increase Bill Gates ( Microsoft ) put 100 million into the immunisation fund. To this day we think he thought it was a computer virus - but hell he did good
he may not have finished college but he isn't that stupid
Old Jul 21st 2011, 4:08 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
Vaccination comes down to personal choice and should be respected even by those who disagree.
Of course it is and I respect JoJo's choice.

The question was, should children who have not been vaccinated be allowed to mix with other children in school or be excluded?

Let's see a few more comments on that point.
Old Jul 21st 2011, 4:13 pm
squeaky clean

Originally Posted by Fred James
Of course it is and I respect JoJo's choice.

The question was, should children who have not been vaccinated be allowed to mix with other children in school or be excluded?

Let's see a few more comments on that point.
what, like have segregation for those who have and those who have not??? hhmmm, not sure about that one Fred lol!!! Could be a discrimination issue there

Jo xxx
Old Jul 21st 2011, 4:38 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Flu, cjd, aids, cholera..... Anyway, we're digressing. As I say, my decision isnt up for discussion. Suffice to say it wasnt taken lightly

Jo xxx
Sorry, not quite clear. Which of these diseases have mutated into what, and which others have 'gone forever'

As far as I'm aware, CJD is the same as it ever was, in terms of threat and that there isn't a vaccine for it, Flu mutates every time you look at it, but still remains flu and is moderately successful to vaccination, Aids crossed the species barrier (but then that's where so many diseases came from) and there isn't and has never been a vaccination, - there are naturally immune people but they tend to be descendants of plague survivors. cholera, not sure what you want to claim about cholera. Technically cholera isn't an infection, if it does enter the bloodstream, it is a very different beast indeed.

I really need some clarity here. What exactly were you trying to say?
Old Jul 21st 2011, 4:42 pm
squeaky clean

Originally Posted by bil

I really need some clarity here. What exactly were you trying to say?
That after extensive research and not on an expat forum, I dont agree with vaccinating my children - simples

Jo xxx
Old Jul 21st 2011, 4:43 pm
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by Domino
someone has forgotten Anthrax - and that is in storage

TB is only making a comeback because of large households, especially (but not exclusively) in certain ethnic communities where overcrowded, people already infected are moving from one houshold to another, or travelling in pressurised germ boxes (known as aircraft). It has also been said that TB can come about from too much damp washing causing high humidity in the house\room

I think anthrax is still out there.

I have no problem with people not vaccinating their children. Actually, I do. I think it's selfish and those people are relying on other people vaccinating their children to give herd immunity.

I also resent it when bogus, cod science is thrown at me to disguise someone who doesn't actually know what they are talking about.

I also tend to think that those who say they don't want to be pressurised actually mean 'Whoops, I'm about to get exposed as a bullshit artist.

I shall be delighted to be proved wrong.
Old Jul 21st 2011, 4:45 pm
bil
Banned

That after extensive research and not on an expat forum, I dont agree with vaccinating my children - simples

Jo xxx
No, not simples. I want you to explain exactly what you meant by saying that

"diseases have mutated into what, and which others have 'gone forever' "

and then tossing this list of diseases into the pot "Flu, cjd, aids, cholera"

Oh and I'm not digressing. I'm sticking to this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.