Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

UK TV IN SPAIN - STATEMENT PLEASE

UK TV IN SPAIN - STATEMENT PLEASE

Old Mar 21st 2013, 8:29 am
Im a 77 year old nutcase

tommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK TV IN SPAIN - STATEMENT PLEASE

I got another free tv fourm.. freetvall.com
Old Mar 21st 2013, 10:52 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Here is a thought one way Sky can get round the court rulings is to change to the new UK beam cutting off most of those in Europe using UK Sky cards.
Old Mar 21st 2013, 11:00 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
Here is a thought one way Sky can get round the court rulings is to change to the new UK beam cutting off most of those in Europe using UK Sky cards.
Why would Sky want to do that?

Unless they get complaints from the rights holders that they are allowing reception outside the agreed area of the UK they aren't going to do anything about it.

They are quite happy to keep taking the money from all the subs from viewers outside the UK.
Old Mar 21st 2013, 11:21 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly
Do people really think SKY dont know whats going on?

They would loose a lot of money of they cust off Europe, hence why you only get "disconnected" if you are stupid enough to tell them
Old Mar 21st 2013, 2:49 pm
Banned

BAT7311 is an unknown quantity at this point

think you are stuck a bit in the past - i have only sold SKY GO for the last year
customers in middle of sahara desert to middle america .where you are aint important with the WWW.
i am waiting for SKY to offer SKYGO solo for a LARGE discount over the dish/box option as they dont haver to supply anything or have anyone fit or maintain it
i remember one of the henry fords saying when asked what he will do when the petrol engin car stops and he said ´´ we are in the personnel transportation bizness - be that ICE,electric or a rocket ..."" SKY is a PAID CONTENT company it dont care how it gets to ppl houses ..

Last edited by BAT7311; Mar 21st 2013 at 2:55 pm.
Old Mar 21st 2013, 2:53 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Domino
those are the words I have been using since before Christmas, certainly for several months.
a jiggle here a jiggle there makes so much difference - and it wouldn't be the first time that a flying bus has been put into the "wrong orbit" for someone somewhere even when not intended
communications is a very fraught subject - perfect one day rubbish the next, someone builds a hanger on the airport a couple of miles away and your signal starts ghosting, or even it just rains.

by the end of the year it should have settled down, but regrettably that isnt acceptable to those who want it now, this minute.
ho hum
whats satellite got to do with it ...i only sell SKY via the internet for the last year got one expat in HONG KONG ... im sure he is outside the ´´beam´´
Old Mar 21st 2013, 2:57 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BAT7311
think you are stuck a bit in the past - i have only sold SKY GO for the last year
customers in middle of sahara desert to middle america .where you are aint important with the WWW.
i am waiting for SKY to offer SKYGO solo for a LARGE discount over the dish/box option as they dont haver to supply anything or have anyone fit or maintain it
i remember one of the henry fords saying when asked what he will do when the petrol engin car stops and he said ´´ we are in the personnel transportation bizness - be that ICE,electric or a rocket ..."" SKY is a PAID CONTENT company it dont care how it gets to ppl houses ..
Err, no. I'm not
In case you misread or misunderstood my post ... I said that SKY would be stupid to stop europe destinations (such as Spain) being able to receive SKY. That means that they would lose a lot of revenue. Up to £60 a household. None of us know exactly how many SKY subscribers are in Spain, but you can bet it would be a fair wedge lost and who throws away customers like that when they dont need to? A bad businessman?
Old Mar 21st 2013, 3:44 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

The vast majority of expats are probably not able to get a good enough internet signal to watch UK TV with a quality equal to the current sat/tv.
Also the cost of those wanting to sell internet via a sat will also discourage many.
Anyway until Astra 2e is launched in May and eventually comes on line none of us really knows what will happen.
No one should buy anything internet, bigger dish etc until then.
Old Mar 21st 2013, 3:55 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BAT7311
whats satellite got to do with it ...i only sell SKY via the internet for the last year got one expat in HONG KONG ... im sure he is outside the ´´beam´´
please stop telling me about your business, you give it enough free plugs on here, I am NOT INTERESTED, even if others are.
Old Mar 21st 2013, 4:26 pm
EMR
Banned

A good point any poster with a vested interest should declare it in their profile.
BSKYB has international broadcasting treaties and agreements it must adhere which in theory prohibits it broadcasting to receivers outside of the UK and ROI.
Old Mar 21st 2013, 5:00 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

please stop telling me about your business, you give it enough free plugs on here, I am NOT INTERESTED, even if others are.
Then why do you not ignore the post?

There is no forum rule that insists that you respond to all posts.

Or perhaps you feel that you should have an opinion on everything even if you are NOT INTERESTED in the subject.
Old Mar 21st 2013, 8:57 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Agree, well said!
Old Mar 21st 2013, 9:16 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by EMR
A good point any poster with a vested interest should declare it in their profile.
BSKYB has international broadcasting treaties and agreements it must adhere which in theory prohibits it broadcasting to receivers outside of the UK and ROI.
sky is a commercial company not a state so it has CONTRACTS .thats what we have been talking about the ECJ judgement that SKY CAN BE WATCHED LEGALLY ANYWHERE IN THE 27 .(SNIP)
anymore

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Mar 21st 2013 at 10:46 pm. Reason: Youve pushed it so far, now read the rules
Old Mar 21st 2013, 9:22 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by EMR
The vast majority of expats are probably not able to get a good enough internet signal to watch UK TV with a quality equal to the current sat/tv.
Also the cost of those wanting to sell internet via a sat will also discourage many.
Anyway until Astra 2e is launched in May and eventually comes on line none of us really knows what will happen.
No one should buy anything internet, bigger dish etc until then.
no i am in tenerife . we lost a lot of SKY a few months back .. SKY GO on the internet is sold all over the uk and is watch by millions there . telefonica charge €25 a month for up to 10mb ...and why would you want to get your internet via satellite???

(SNIP)

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Mar 21st 2013 at 10:45 pm. Reason: Youve pushed it so far, now read the rules!
Old Mar 21st 2013, 9:44 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

hola bat7311,

No matter what you say, I for one am going to wait to see what happens. I will also bide my time as I don´t believe that there is sufficient bandwidth for everyone to watch Coronation Street for example using the internet.

I am quite happy to be proved wrong - but in July / August or September when everything has shaken down.

Davexf

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.