Reload this Page >

UK TV IN SPAIN - STATEMENT PLEASE

UK TV IN SPAIN - STATEMENT PLEASE

Old Mar 22nd 2013, 11:12 pm
Banned

BAT7311 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK TV IN SPAIN - STATEMENT PLEASE

Originally Posted by Domino
I have this morning spoken to Sky who have emphatically stated that Sky, Sky Go and other services within the group are UK only and they do not have any arrangements with anyone to provide their services in Spain. It was also emphasised that if I was offered their products in Spain I should think very carefully before accepting.

Tech Note - I did not say where in Spain I lived, the call was made on Skype so not traceable and when asked by their automated system for my telephone number I gave a dummy number on the 0203 exchange.
No animals were injured or used in this exercise
NO ONE SAID YOU COULD BUY SKY IN SPAIN
IT IS LEGAL NOW TO WATCH SKY IN SPAIN
´´national legislation which prohibits the import, sale or use of (SKY) foreign decoder cards is contrary to the freedom to
provide services and cannot be justified ´´
skype not traceable - make my day that has lol
and why do you have to dress up in your mothers clothes to ring sky ??
what strange things are going on at that motel you run ????

Last edited by BAT7311; Mar 22nd 2013 at 11:17 pm.
Old Mar 22nd 2013, 11:24 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Dxf
Yes but they don´t all live in the same place - i.e. Spain - will the Spanish system be able to cope??? And will my local Movistar have sufficient bandwidth for MY town?

It is the local bandwidths that I fear may not be able to cope; if you live halfway up a mountain, and get internet through a landline, will the cables take what is required for fulltime TV viewing? That is my doubt

But I am very happy to be proved wrong

Davexf
´ i live in a house higher then the highest point in england and am 1000km from the coast of europe .I can watch live TV from LONDON or LOS ANGELS without a bleep . i really ewithout insulting anyon feel i am typing away in 2013 to people who seem to be living i back n the 20th century . i am amazed !!!

Last edited by BAT7311; Mar 22nd 2013 at 11:33 pm.
Old Mar 22nd 2013, 11:31 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by EMR
For SkyGO you need a UK address for your Sky contract so once again we are in that dodgy area of infringing your contract with Sky if you live abroad.
They do switch users off and will refuse connections if they believe that the receiver is not in the UK.
´´national legislation which prohibits the import, sale or use of foreign decoder cards is contrary to the freedom to provide services and cannot be justified ´´
http://curia.europa.eu/jcms/upload/d...cp110102en.pdf

SKY GO requires no connection and no receiver or dish or installer just a name and password which you enter from YOUR computer .
i would say 99% of sky go customers in spain have a uk address .
l
Old Mar 23rd 2013, 7:25 am
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BAT7311
´ i live in a house higher then the highest point in england and am 1000km from the coast of europe .I can watch live TV from LONDON or LOS ANGELS without a bleep . i really ewithout insulting anyon feel i am typing away in 2013 to people who seem to be living i back n the 20th century . i am amazed !!!
Yes prepare to be amazed; there was NO internet access when I moved into my house. Then after four years I was able to get a dongle at 512. Last year a new Wimax service started and I now have 3Mb.

You may be lucky enough now to get a very good access to the internet. There are parts of Spain where the access is below par. But my point was that if everyone goes down the internet access route for HD TV - is there sufficient bandwidth? There used to be the word "contention" bandied about when there were too many people all using the internet in a locality. Or have you forgotten about such things?

Davexf

Last edited by Dxf; Mar 23rd 2013 at 7:28 am. Reason: typo
Old Mar 23rd 2013, 8:46 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BAT7311
Your "holier than thou" attitude leads me to believe that there is little more that can be said on this as clearly you know better than us all and have decided to belittle the other members as a whole

Therefore I close the thread, which many have said should have happened ages ago, as its going round and round in circles