Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

UK TV IN SPAIN - STATEMENT PLEASE

UK TV IN SPAIN - STATEMENT PLEASE

Old Mar 14th 2013, 8:50 am
Banned

BAT7311 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK TV IN SPAIN - STATEMENT PLEASE

i have written to the main ´rebroadcasters´that is companies that take money to allow people via the internet to watch BBC/ITV here in spain .upon the recent judgement ´´broadcasters may prohibit the retransmission of their programmes by another company via the internet´´
http://curia.europa.eu/jcms/upload/d...cp130025en.pdf
i have my reading of the ruling and others have theres.
BUT i find it very poor practice that NONE of them have bothered to put a statement out ,while still taking money from OAPs up and down the kingdom
FILMON have however done so .."Unfortunately due to a recent European court ruling, services such as ours have had to restrict the viewing of certain channels to their respective countries, therefore the only UK TV channels available will be the 4 main terrestrial channels.
anyone out there better connected then me get a ´no comment´´
Old Mar 14th 2013, 9:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK TV IN SPAIN - STATEMENT PLEASE

This is taken from another forum and refers to Filmon, the I is not me.

I emailed them and marked it "urgent" - got a reply within 10 minutes saying that only UK viewers are now allowed access to the UK channels!! So it´s all over for us ex pats now on that site, I use expatshield now.
Old Mar 14th 2013, 9:10 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Fredbargate

I emailed them and marked it "urgent" - got a reply within 10 minutes saying that only UK viewers are now allowed access to the UK channels!! So it´s all over for us ex pats now on that site, I use expatshield now.
yes fred it seems for a doggy company they have been upfront ..the ones in spain i think are being at best evasive

anyone got anything out of
http://www.europa-network.com/

DIRECT TELECOM ...mike broeckaert director where are you !!!
tried again today to get answer from them regarding e C-607/11
but not available for comment and ´will be busy all day ´´ for a telecoms company not easy to get an answer out of them .but im sure they are still taking money from the public .at least there will be a record that they were made aware of the case and that a future defense of we didnt know can not be used

Last edited by BAT7311; Mar 14th 2013 at 9:47 am.
Old Mar 14th 2013, 10:22 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Filmon isn't a dodgy company and they do abide by the law, which is why they have stopped. The rebroadcasters are and have always been acting illegally, so naturally they are unlikely to reply to your e mails, I assume they will continue as usual, then get shut down, then reopen under a different name again. This was always happening when we were in Spain, and we usually didn't have to get a new contract. depends on just what the authorities do, whether they confiscate all their equipment and remove the dishes etc.
Old Mar 14th 2013, 11:27 am
Banned

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Filmon isn't a dodgy company and they do abide by the law, which is why they have stopped. The rebroadcasters are and have always been acting illegally, so naturally they are unlikely to reply to your e mails, I assume they will continue as usual, then get shut down, then reopen under a different name again. This was always happening when we were in Spain, and we usually didn't have to get a new contract. depends on just what the authorities do, whether they confiscate all their equipment and remove the dishes etc.
soorry maybe i sould be clearer or you are not adding the once ´clean ´´ english
telecos in with the doggy rebrodcasters of old ..i mean people like EUROPA who offer TV and cheap calls.
as for FILMON
...ABC, NBC, CBS and Fox got a step closer today to shutting down Alki David’s online streaming of their shows. Judge George Wu granted the networks their mutually desired tentative preliminary injunction against the digital entrepreneur’s service this afternoon, Deadline has learned. While that doesn’t mean it is shut down as of right now, it does means it could be in select areas with the federal judge’s final ruling, which is expected next week.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_H._Wu

Last edited by BAT7311; Mar 14th 2013 at 1:07 pm.
Old Mar 14th 2013, 11:59 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BAT7311
soorry maybe i sould be clearer or you are not adding the once ´clean ´´ english
telecos in with the doggy rebrodcasters of old ..i mean people like EUROPA who offer TV and cheap calls..well i offer calls cheaper then them,and if they lose there TV where are they ..
as for FILMON
...ABC, NBC, CBS and Fox got a step closer today to shutting down Alki David’s online streaming of their shows. Judge George Wu granted the networks their mutually desired tentative preliminary injunction against the digital entrepreneur’s service this afternoon, Deadline has learned. While that doesn’t mean it is shut down as of right now, it does means it could be in select areas with the federal judge’s final ruling, which is expected next week.
There will always be new ones starting up and being closed down, there are rebroadcasters from all over in Spain, Dutch, German and others, close one another will start up, and that's because they can access programmes from the satellites, rulings in the US will not affect UK TV being rebroadcast, and if you pay to join Filmon then I suspect that may well continue. You obviously have a specific agenda given your avatar, and your last post comes quite close to being an advert.
Old Mar 14th 2013, 1:02 pm
Banned

And Judge Wu has strong words against what was decided there. For instance in his tentative ruling, he writes:
"Very few people gather around their oscilloscopes to admire the sinusoidal waves of a television broadcast transmission. People are interested in watching the performance of the work. And it is the public performance of the copyrighted work with which the Copyright Act, by its express language, is concerned. Thus, Cablevision's focus on the uniqueness of the individual copy from which a transmission is made is misplaced."
"But Congress has rejected that mode of reasoning in this context. The equivalency between (1) what individuals could lawfully do for themselves and (2) what a commercial provider doing the same thing for a number of individuals could lawfully do, was the basis for the Supreme Court's cable television jurisprudence before the 1976 Copyright Act..
its amazing how this ruling is almost the same the ECJ judgement the other day which is not strange in its self because BOTH areas the EU and the US get the original text from the WTO ...

Last edited by BAT7311; Mar 14th 2013 at 1:18 pm.
Old Mar 14th 2013, 1:18 pm
Im a 77 year old nutcase

tommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond repute

Filmon is still working here in Gran Canaria..
Old Mar 14th 2013, 1:37 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

also from another forum:

Fresh email straight from the horse's mouth:

Hello,

Unfortunately we are no longer able to carry these channels. The only UK channels to be broadcast will be BBC1 and BBC Northern Ireland, ITV, Channel4 and Channel5. These will ONLY be available to view within the UK. If there is a chance to get them back, my boss will try his best!

Kindest regards,

FilmOn.com Support Team

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: EPH-530...
Department: FilmOn.com HDi IPTV
Type: Issue
Priority: Medium

And from Filmon's facebook page:

There will be some changes to the service starting today:

The only UK channels to be broadcast will be BBC1 and BBC Northern Ireland, ITV, Channel4 and Channel5. These will ONLY be available to view within the UK!

The same restrictions will be applied to German and Italian channels - these channels will only be available within their respective countries.

Unfortunately we are no longer able to carry these channels -- Kindest regards, FilmOn Support Team

Last edited by amideislas; Mar 14th 2013 at 1:40 pm.
Old Mar 14th 2013, 4:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Saxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to behold

You mean you've "become a thief".... Your post No.77, Re: ECJ DECLARE STREAMING
BBC/ITV ILLEGAL
Old Mar 14th 2013, 4:43 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Saxy
BBC/ITV ILLEGAL
Always has been..
Old Mar 14th 2013, 4:58 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Can we please leave the legal issues to the ECB, the Spanish government and the rights holders rather than our opinions on the subject.

Let's just concentrate on what is or is not available to expats in Spain and how to access it, should you wish to do so, legally or otherwise.
Old Mar 14th 2013, 5:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Saxy
BBC/ITV ILLEGAL
Saxy time for Specsavers
Old Mar 14th 2013, 5:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Saxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to behold

Saxy time for Specsavers
What'sit say at the end of the line then?

Just pulling your leg Fred
Old Mar 14th 2013, 6:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Working fine for me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.