The UK

Old Oct 1st 2010, 7:41 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The UK

Originally Posted by whitelinen
Now I know you are telling porkies.
Wouldn't get me back to the UK.....
Old Oct 1st 2010, 7:42 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by licinius
Very well said that man, as for the clothes shopping, have you not heard of the internet?
To date the tesco range of clothes has never been on line any time I have looked.
Old Oct 1st 2010, 7:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold

Sorry for being pedantic, but I had to point out that just because we can spend our afternoons loitering doesn't mean we're on the dole!

Here endeth today's rant
Please dont rant....its not good for you

I didnt mean that you were on the dole, paropeople and retired are examples of people who have have the time to go to the market or whatever.

Those with a pension or maybe savings can, however, the majority cannot and will never be able to and so yes some of them might envy your life style choice but will not be able to do anything about it.
Old Oct 1st 2010, 7:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

licinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
To date the tesco range of clothes has never been on line any time I have looked.
If tesco sell it then it's of poor quality & not worth looking at anyway. Try a decent clothing store such as bbclothing.co.uk
Old Oct 1st 2010, 7:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bil
I do not know anyone who buys clothes in Tescos.

There are lots of good online stores to look at and buy clothes from and who deliver to Spain
Old Oct 1st 2010, 7:53 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

I can walk to Mercadona, two Indian and countless Chinese take-aways, and they all deliver too. Having been on my own for ten days, I’m pleased that my wife is returning from the UK tomorrow and she has bought me some new underpants.
Old Oct 1st 2010, 8:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by HBG
I can walk to Mercadona, two Indian and countless Chinese take-aways, and they all deliver too. Having been on my own for ten days, I’m pleased that my wife is returning from the UK tomorrow and she has bought me some new underpants.
Assuming you´ve lost the instructions to the washing machine and forgotten about hand washing, you could have raided her nicker drawer and worn hers
Old Oct 1st 2010, 8:14 pm
bil
Banned

If tesco sell it then it's of poor quality & not worth looking at anyway. Try a decent clothing store such as bbclothing.co.uk
Well, my everyday clothing is subject to great abuse, and tesco's were always cheap, so easily replaceable. Getting paint on a pair of jeans that cost a fiver is far less important than a good quality expensive pair.
Old Oct 1st 2010, 8:18 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Assuming you´ve lost the instructions to the washing machine and forgotten about hand washing, you could have raided her nicker drawer and worn hers
I’ve pretended to lose the instructions for the washing machine but I wash my hands regularly after eating curry. Her knickers don’t fit me, I’m about three times her size.

Apart from that black, silky pair that stretches, with the nice smell.
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 5:42 am
BE Enthusiast

elspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bil
Well, my everyday clothing is subject to great abuse, and tesco's were always cheap, so easily replaceable. Getting paint on a pair of jeans that cost a fiver is far less important than a good quality expensive pair.
There's always the rumage stall at the market . Designer labels usually 2 for 5 euros and often brand new and a million stalls for underwear. really trendy good quality, or plain boring usually 3 pairs for five euros so no need to go naked.
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 6:04 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnnyone
My wifes cooking taste much better in the UK than Spain and that must be down to the quality of the ingredients.
or the bisto (or other similar 'helpers')

some ingredients that your wife - or I - might use regularly in the UK aren't as readily available here

I even had someone bring several HUGE tubs of bisto granules over

we can now get most - including bisto - where I live

but for several years we couldn't get that sort of thing & it took me a while to adapt my cooking to what I could get

and a while for our tastebuds to adapt

cottage pie without an oxo cube took a bit of doing - but I got there in the end

then they opened an Iceland in my town & all was available at a reasonable price & I and every English mum I know went mad buying all those things we missed

& yes, I do have Bisto in the cupboard - I looked at it yesterday & it's a solid lump in the tub through lack of use
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 6:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Bigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud of

No need to treck...they deliver
I think most supermarkets deliver in the UK now. If one of them comes up with a service that gives them an edge then the rest follow.

Jim
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 7:33 am
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
or the bisto (or other similar 'helpers')

some ingredients that your wife - or I - might use regularly in the UK aren't as readily available here

I even had someone bring several HUGE tubs of bisto granules over

we can now get most - including bisto - where I live

but for several years we couldn't get that sort of thing & it took me a while to adapt my cooking to what I could get

and a while for our tastebuds to adapt

cottage pie without an oxo cube took a bit of doing - but I got there in the end

then they opened an Iceland in my town & all was available at a reasonable price & I and every English mum I know went mad buying all those things we missed

& yes, I do have Bisto in the cupboard - I looked at it yesterday & it's a solid lump in the tub through lack of use
You see where I live there are none of these shops; even the nearest Mercadona is nearly an hour's drive away. Thereare a few local small shops that sell things like Bisto, but that's about it.

Maybe where I live I don't have the choice that others do. Fatty pork, chicken and rabbit in the meat line, sugary bread or airy baguette and tatty veg's.
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 7:43 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scampicat
You see where I live there are none of these shops; even the nearest Mercadona is nearly an hour's drive away. Thereare a few local small shops that sell things like Bisto, but that's about it.

Maybe where I live I don't have the choice that others do. Fatty pork, chicken and rabbit in the meat line, sugary bread or airy baguette and tatty veg's.
I think that must be it - location

maybe everything goes bad just there aren't enough people to buy it

we have all the supermarkets nearby & also small independent shops for amazing bread & tasty fruit & veg

the fruit & veg often does look tatty admittedly - but usually tastes good

and the fat is what gives the meat the flavour - so you don't need the bisto
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 8:24 am
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

lynnxa

I'm obviously on the WRONG side of the mountain!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.