The UK

Old Sep 30th 2010, 1:26 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The UK

Originally Posted by jackytoo
I am not the poster who said beer is half the price you quoted, which one of you is right, your 80p a can or bigger Jim's 44p.
Not too happy today? Concerned about the price of Carlsburg?

If you go to Tesco and buy the big 18 pack, yes the price is £10 (which actually works out at 55pence - try and get your facts right before lecturing others). For Carlsberg. I can assure you that local shops here in London (can't speak for the rest of the country) will typically charge 80-£1 for 1 to 4 cans. Even Tesco will charge more for a quantity of 4 cans, 74 pence per can. Which isn't too far off the 80 pence I quoted.

http://www.tesco.com/whatsinstore/search.asp

Do you believe me yet, or are you going to revert to your "Oh they just google everything, it doesn't mean it's right..." ?
Old Sep 30th 2010, 1:28 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JLFS
Yeah, I would never go to eat at someones ho:use and tell them that the meal tastes like boiled t*rds, even if it did.

The old saying that honesty is the best policy, has certain failings.
Well yes, but there again you wouldn't angle for a return visit (constantly praising the cooking) if the meal really did taste off? Unless you're a masochist of course!
Old Sep 30th 2010, 1:31 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

I blame
mitz... he starts these inflammatory threads then buggers off to let us lot fight it out... classic Troll if you ask me.
Old Sep 30th 2010, 1:32 pm
Not Banned (yet)

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
I blame
mitz... he starts these inflammatory threads then buggers off to let us lot fight it out... classic Troll if you ask me.
Yep, and mugs like us (ok, me ) fall for it everytime... D'OHHHH!!
Old Sep 30th 2010, 1:34 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
Yep, and mugs like us (ok, me ) fall for it everytime... D'OHHHH!!
The man should be banned, he is a menace.
Old Sep 30th 2010, 1:35 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Actually I could count on one hand how many tubos of beer I drink in a year. Have to really fancy one. Wine is my poison. I am curious though when one quotes double the price of another.

Did google tell you that there are no flavoured crisps in Spain
Old Sep 30th 2010, 1:37 pm
Not Banned (yet)

Actually I could count on one hand how many tubos of beer I drink in a year. Have to really fancy one. Wine is my poison. I am curious though when one quotes double the price of another.

What planet are you on? LOL

I prefer the basic salted crisps produced in a traditional way, but I am partial to the Lays paprika version.
Old Sep 30th 2010, 1:38 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=steviedeluxe;8887061]Well yes, but there again you wouldn't angle for a return visit (constantly praising the cooking) if the meal really did taste off? Unless you're a masochist of course![/QUOTE

You have a point, but the secret is to compliment the meal, but say that you dont want seconds, then when they issue another invitation, you simply make a excuse, arrange to eat out, or invite them to your place.
After a few refusals the invites will not be so forthcoming.

See there is a solution to everything, simples.
Old Sep 30th 2010, 1:40 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

There are ham/jamon flavour made with real pork
Old Sep 30th 2010, 1:43 pm
Not Banned (yet)

There are ham/jamon flavour made with real pork
I don't know if this is a true anecdote or just an urban myth, but they used to say in the UK that the only flavoured crisp a vegetarian could safely eat was the Smoky Bacon variety.

I see there's a Yahoo!Answers page devoted to this question

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question...2042959AAIUd5B

I'm vegetarian and I have eaten smokey bacon flavoured crisps. They're suitable for vegetarians because there's no actual bacon in it, it's just artifical flavourings, it even says it's veggie on the packet. And it doesn't taste like real bacon either. I'm veggie for moral reasons and I know that smokey bacon flavoured crisps are veggie, there's no real bacon in it.
Old Sep 30th 2010, 1:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
I see your point, but guests often rave about the home made stuff. They could be just being polite though...
Its interesting to note that "Bread Makers" are one of the most common items on Car Boot sales and they are almost given away rather than sold. In the end, like a lot of kitchen appliances they are just too much trouble unless you are a real fanatic with long suffering friends.

It would seem that this bread everyone seems to be raving about, is not made with traditional Spanish flour but rather one that is closer, if not the same, to that which UK bread is made from.

Jim
Old Sep 30th 2010, 1:46 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Bigger Jim
Its interesting to note that "Bread Makers" are one of the most common items on Car Boot sales and they are almost given away rather than sold. In the end, like a lot of kitchen appliances they are just too much trouble unless you are a real fanatic with long suffering friends.

It would seem that this bread everyone seems to be raving about, is not made with traditional Spanish flour but rather one that is closer, if not the same, to that which UK bread is made from.

Jim
Bread makers and foot spas...........
Old Sep 30th 2010, 1:50 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Bread makers and foot spas...........
meat slicers, cream makers, slow cookers, excercise weights
Old Sep 30th 2010, 2:04 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Oh jeez, I've missed you lot of narky twats! Seriously people, take it as a compliment... now I rarely go to the pub you lot are bloody hilarious! Carry on...
Old Sep 30th 2010, 2:06 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
not in Iceland they're not
He buys his at the garage shop.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.