Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Tool Charges on the A22 to Faro

Tool Charges on the A22 to Faro

Old Apr 5th 2011, 12:34 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tool Charges on the A22 to Faro

Originally Posted by MEL & JOHN
I understand it to be.... I arrive at faro for my hols go to CE and that costs €10 then to return from CE after the hol to faro airport then another €10 = €20 Only use the Toll road twice

BUT if I am at CE and go to pick up a friend from faro - there and back ie use the toll road twice(€20)...then at the end of their holiday return them to the airport ie there and back using the road twice again (another €20) so total €40. The 125 is a good but slow road and for Airport trips you don't want delays so you would want to use the faster road.

BTW Jon can you put your excellent post on the Portugal forum on this one for all to see- you make the difficult problems we car renters at Faro clear to understand. I am hoping they will delay the tolls and I do think that if this does go ahead many of us will by flying into Seville - someone ages ago said the car hire is cheaper there if so maybe a little silver lining. I don't like driving from Seville airport to the M/way as it is so busy and so many lanes..arrrgh - but going back is OK as you just follow the airpost signs. Hey, they could they put CE signs up immediately after "salida" that would be Sooooo helpful.

Mel
Hi Mel

Looks like there is a bit of misunderstanding of the one-way cost. CE-FARO. Its either 10 or 20 Euros.

If its 10 then the m-way round trip to go to Faro+pick up friends and come back .... then later drop them off + come back will be 40 Euros. You will also pay an extra 20 Euros if you do a airport pick up from one of the services.

If its 20 one way (as John says) then the pick up friends scenario goes up to 80 for the 2 round trips (pick up + drop off) and the airport pick up is 40 more from one of the services - OUCH!! We have inlaws coming soon!

Thanks for the feedback on the other post, but the mods told me off once for putting the same content on 2 threads... so I'll put the link in again and its easy to get there in one click

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...&postcount=242

This summarises what are my concerns after many discussions on tolls......

Thanks
Jon
Old Apr 5th 2011, 12:50 pm
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Jon....good luck as you go very soon, just hoping that the PT govt are so disorganised nothing will be done in the short term.
Old Apr 5th 2011, 1:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.
Old Apr 5th 2011, 5:55 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, I did it.
Old Apr 5th 2011, 6:45 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Okay, I did it.
I thought you were retired Thanks Jon
Old Apr 7th 2011, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

-cordoba- is an unknown quantity at this point

Spanish news just said that crossing into Portugal you have to get a 50€ minimum debit charge + transponder charge. This must be wrong as it would destroy all day tourists entering from Huelva or Seville. Can anyone confirm or deny that (can get no info from duvidas.novas [email protected]. except that they still don't know!!)?
Old Apr 7th 2011, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

-cordoba- is an unknown quantity at this point

Spanish news just said that crossing into Portugal you have to get a 50€ minimum debit charge + transponder charge. This must be wrong as it would destroy all day tourists entering from Huelva or Seville. Can anyone confirm or deny that (can get no info from duvidas.novas [email protected]. except that they still don't know!!)?
Old Apr 7th 2011, 8:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Buenos dias a todos :-)

http://www.huelvainformacion.es/arti.../gobierno.html

Relax, for the time being!
Portuguese elections 5th June, btw.
Old Apr 7th 2011, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

yes we can is a jewel in the roughyes we can is a jewel in the roughyes we can is a jewel in the roughyes we can is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Carol&John

Thanks Carol

You always bring good news!

Portugal postponed the toll in Algarve.

The toll motorway in the Algarve is on hold for now. According to a report by the Legal Center for the Presidency of the Council of Ministers of Portugal, the implementation of new tolls on freeways lusas by the present Government, on an interim basis, would be unconstitutional.
Old Apr 7th 2011, 12:10 pm
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, you're right.....amazing how you find these things out Carol. Brilliant news and a lot of relief for Esurians visiting this Easter - wish I was !

The delay is great but in the long term can anybody confirm if a toll cannot be charged along this road as it was built using EU money ? Any substance in that ?

Mel
Old Apr 9th 2011, 7:20 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by MEL & JOHN
Yep, you're right.....amazing how you find these things out Carol. Brilliant news and a lot of relief for Esurians visiting this Easter - wish I was !

The delay is great but in the long term can anybody confirm if a toll cannot be charged along this road as it was built using EU money ? Any substance in that ?

Mel
We came on Thursday FROM Faro Airport direction CE.

Went straight to Louis' resto for lunch, and had his amazing ribs! These are not on his 7.50 amazing lunch menu (3 courses, wine and coffee) - but worth the extra payment. Best ribs around (when he has them)

The gantries are up but the cameras are not installed BUT people were working on it. There are huge billboards with the prices on them before the gantry... all were covered up or empty.

We took the 'shortcut' i.e not the exit that is by the stadium, that you get to by following the m-way signs from the airport. We carry on till the end and up to the later exit/entry of the m-way. So I dont know if there is a gantry at the stadium exit. Certainly this now becomes the best route both ways, if there is a gantry proposed at the stadium

The 1st gantry was before the Olhao services, meaning you are clocked before getting there. And so you will be clocked AFTER when returning the transponder. So youve returned the transponder (if you can on the other side of the m-way) paid up (if you can) and then you are clocked AGAIN afterwards. You will return the car with the possibility of a charge, unless the transponders are programmed to 'ignore' this as it is registered that you returned the transponder (hmmmm I wonder). Same in reverse you are clocked before and then you get the x-ponder and there needs to be sofware that links a previous entry to a later x-ponder. (bigger 'Hmmmmmm I wonder'...)

There were 2 others before Tavira and I think M-Gordo (memory fails already!!)

Interestingly there was NO GANTRY at VRSA. Meaning that one can drive to the SECOND M-Gordo exit without charge ..... (but that is subject to changes).

Great news Carol about the delays and Mel no idea where they got the funding....

Much better news now.......... two days in SHORTS.... aaaaaaaaaah this is the life. Already 2 great lunches (louis and the old 'Don Diego' hotel's amazing 8 euro lunch) had drinks with friends, dinner with friends and a party to go to tonight! There goes the diet!

Cant get much better.... c'est la vie..

Jon
Old Apr 9th 2011, 8:28 am
BE Positive

Hi Carol and welcome back to the forum!! Just in time for Spring and all the other flowers that are coming back

I hope its all over.... but theres a lot of investment in all these gantries and associated technology etc. I fear that its just a matter of time.... but lets see.

Jon
Old Apr 9th 2011, 9:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Hi again! Hola mis esurianos!

Glad to hear you are enjoying the start of your hols, Jon. Thanks for the report on the roads.

For anyone travelling on the roads, keep in mind that TODAY (9th April) there will be a Go Slow march/protest, meeting at 16.00h or 4pm at the roundabout near the O Infante (near Altura):

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Algarv...46137288757421

http://www.huelvainformacion.es/arti...por/peaje.html

http://www.algarveresident.com/story.asp?ID=40852

Mel, sorry I haven't a clue about the answer to your question. However, step by step, poquito a poco...
Old Apr 10th 2011, 9:12 am
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

In todays Telegraph a reader asked about the introduction of the tolls in Portugal and was referred to www.theaa.com.
It's of no interest to me as I'm in Valencia but may be to contributors of this thread.
Old Apr 10th 2011, 3:39 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi again! Hola mis esurianos!

Glad to hear you are enjoying the start of your hols, Jon. Thanks for the report on the roads.

For anyone travelling on the roads, keep in mind that TODAY (9th April) there will be a Go Slow march/protest, meeting at 16.00h or 4pm at the roundabout near the O Infante (near Altura):

Mel, sorry I haven't a clue about the answer to your question. However, step by step, poquito a poco...
That´s funny, the average speed on the EN125 is 50/60 kmh. Anyway, for now no tolls and that´s great news!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.