Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Tool Charges on the A22 to Faro

Tool Charges on the A22 to Faro

Old Mar 22nd 2011, 10:21 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tool Charges on the A22 to Faro

Originally Posted by Woodzie
This link sent to me by the portuguese tourist board explains all.
http://www.visitportugal.com/NR/exer...,frameless.htm .

Kim
This is exactly the same as was printed in the Algarve Resident and raises more questions than answers.
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 4:27 pm
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.caravanclub.co.uk/news-an...ls-in-portugal

Bit more info....still no real help. I have emailed the Portuguese Tourist board and will post the reply IF I get one

Mel
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 5:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MEL & JOHN
http://www.caravanclub.co.uk/news-an...ls-in-portugal

Bit more info....still no real help. I have emailed the Portuguese Tourist board and will post the reply IF I get one

Mel
I sent a letter off to the Sunday Times and the Mail-On-Sunday travel editors - encouraging them to have a look at this as a potential story - under the heading "Travel Chaos for Holiday Maker in the Algarve" I don't suppose anything will come of but a bit of press coverage and pressure on the Portuguese Government would be handy.
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 6:04 pm
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeJ
I sent a letter off to the Sunday Times and the Mail-On-Sunday travel editors - encouraging them to have a look at this as a potential story - under the heading "Travel Chaos for Holiday Maker in the Algarve" I don't suppose anything will come of but a bit of press coverage and pressure on the Portuguese Government would be handy.
Good idea Mike, the whole scenario is just so ridiculous so lets hope we do receive replies......and a revision to the chaotic system they have now.

Mel
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 4:22 am
BE Enthusiast

billymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nice

how do they fine you if you have uk reg car.
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 9:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Tool Charges on the A22 to Faro

I have posted this as "my personal solution" on the Portugal Forum I think it will work for me.The first quote is from Visit Porugal site

Devices from a toll entity (Dispositivo de uma entidade de cobrança de Portagens - DECP) like Via Verde are also accepted on these highways. Although the license plate is not linked to the device, it is necessary to establish a contract with a toll entity. This can be used by vehicles with a foreign license plate that stay in Portugal for a longer period of time.
Obtaining: Via Verde-shops (www.viaverde.pt)
Costs: €27 + direct debit from bank account every time the device is used.

If the source of the direct debit can be pinned down i.e. can it be a euro denominated account not at a bank in Portugal then this is the way to go for those who have a fequently visited holiday home on the Algarve or like us live just over the border in Spain and visit Portugal most days and use the A22 at least once a week.

Via Verde the operators of the A22 have announced :-

Via Verde Portugal today opens three new stores in Faro, Viseu, Castelo Branco, enhancing its network to better serve its customers. These stores are located in the premises of the Citizen of those cities and are in addition to the existing network of shops elsewhere in the country.

Apart from these shops, permanent, Via Verde will also provide temporary posts in Tavira (Citizen's shop) and Portimão (stand MSCAR) where you can opt to join the service as well as perform the qualification process to positive discrimination .
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 9:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Tool Charges on the A22 to Faro

Originally Posted by billymacker
how do they fine you if you have uk reg car.
There are lots of references to how they will do this on this thread and on the thread on the Portugal Forum have a read through both.
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 11:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by John & Kath

Via Verde Portugal today opens three new stores in Faro, Viseu, Castelo Branco, enhancing its network to better serve its customers. These stores are located in the premises of the Citizen of those cities and are in addition to the existing network of shops elsewhere in the country.

Apart from these shops, permanent, Via Verde will also provide temporary posts in Tavira (Citizen's shop) and Portimão (stand MSCAR) where you can opt to join the service as well as perform the qualification process to positive discrimination .
In case you wondered
Faro, the Algarve's nominal capital city. It's to have the first 'citizen shop'.
A call-in centre where said citizen(s) can go to access a plethora of wonderful services that would otherwise be spread far and wide throughout the city.
And, in case you think this shop is going to be tucked away in a little back alley, and have corrugated tin roofing, fear not! It's to be a 1 million euro project, within the first floor of the Municipal Market, taking up some 2000 square metres of space.
The less-than-kind observer might be tempted to remark that such a space would soon be filled with the long queues of people waiting for attention, but there'll probably be overspill space...

Tavira is to have a Citizen shop too in "one of its shopping centres" - but I haven't yet tracked down which one.
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 1:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

In case you wondered
Faro, the Algarve's nominal capital city. It's to have the first 'citizen shop'.
A call-in centre where said citizen(s) can go to access a plethora of wonderful services that would otherwise be spread far and wide throughout the city.
And, in case you think this shop is going to be tucked away in a little back alley, and have corrugated tin roofing, fear not! It's to be a 1 million euro project, within the first floor of the Municipal Market, taking up some 2000 square metres of space.
The less-than-kind observer might be tempted to remark that such a space would soon be filled with the long queues of people waiting for attention, but there'll probably be overspill space...

Tavira is to have a Citizen shop too in "one of its shopping centres" - but I haven't yet tracked down which one.
Its in the Plaza just before Tavira. Bryony
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 2:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Citizen Shop in Tavira is at
Rua Almirante Cândido dos Reis, 247 -
Tavira Gran Plaza Shopping Centre, Shop 01/01 -
Tavira
8800-318 Tavira
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 2:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Citizen Shop in Tavira is at
Rua Almirante Cândido dos Reis, 247 -
Tavira Gran Plaza Shopping Centre, Shop 01/01 -
Tavira
8800-318 Tavira
I think I just said that in the post before yours. Bryony
P.S 1st floor along the end over Continente.

Last edited by MikeCol; Mar 23rd 2011 at 2:57 pm.
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 3:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by MikeCol
I think I just said that in the post before yours. Bryony
P.S 1st floor along the end over Continente.
Hi Bryony - sorry I didn't acknowledge your post - I was just adding the address to it for a bit more clarity (and so you can find it on Googlemaps)
Old Mar 24th 2011, 7:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

There is a report on another forum from someone who has just had €30 deducted from his credit card by the car hire company for an unpaid toll last October near Porto
Old Mar 25th 2011, 9:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
There is a report on another forum from someone who has just had €30 deducted from his credit card by the car hire company for an unpaid toll last October near Porto
I had 30 Euros deducted from my CC in Italy by the hire company (for 'admin' in informing the authorities of my address!) - but I still owed the charge which was pursued as a civil debt by the municipality. It ended up costing nearly 800euros because I ignored it thinking that they would not be able to pursue me outside Italy. I was wrong.
I hope others can learn from my bad experience and if they heed the advice not to pay then they do so in the full knowledge that they can be pursued for the debt. In practice it's probably only a small chance of getting caught by Portugal in the early days of this chaotic scheme but if you have my sort of luck it could be you!

PS: I have never been back to Italy since - so I have had my revenge
Old Mar 25th 2011, 10:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

I had 30 Euros deducted from my CC in Italy by the hire company (for 'admin' in informing the authorities of my address!) - but I still owed the charge which was pursued as a civil debt by the municipality. It ended up costing nearly 800euros because I ignored it thinking that they would not be able to pursue me outside Italy. I was wrong.
I hope others can learn from my bad experience and if they heed the advice not to pay then they do so in the full knowledge that they can be pursued for the debt. In practice it's probably only a small chance of getting caught by Portugal in the early days of this chaotic scheme but if you have my sort of luck it could be you!

PS: I have never been back to Italy since - so I have had my revenge
I received a letter from New Zealand back in 1994 which I ignored.
However I went back for the Millennium celebrations with a new passport and driving licence and did not antagonize any officials.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.