Time to pack?

Old Oct 3rd 2010, 4:46 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Time to pack?

Originally Posted by HBG
Having lost around seven percent of my UK income in the past week because of the exchange rate, I was looking round for answers. The Eurozone is in trouble with Ireland, Spain has lost another notch in its credit rating, and the IMF has praised the UK. So why has the Euro fallen from 1.22 to 1.15?

I found the answer in an unlikely place, the good old London Evening Standard, now a free paper owned by a Russian.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...-first-time.do

My country owes £1 trillion, the largest amount it has ever owed. No wonder the pound is falling. I’m off to pack.
I dont know how you can make out that the original thread was about killing chickens and people feeling they have to pack up and go back to the UK.
I have posted the opening post for you to see.

It does not matter how may post subsequently talk about killing chicken, they first post is, and always be the first.
If you cant see that then ............well ........

Originally Posted by elspeth sinclair
None that YOU could possibly understand. I would be worried if we were suddenly compatible.
Not half as worried as I would be..........Jeez......

But your type are not the kind that would want to be compatible with.....
Old Oct 3rd 2010, 4:59 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps as the originator of the thread, I should complain when what I thought was an important topic (for me) started to wander, but I don't. It says British expat discussion forum on the tin and I'm happy with that, even when the usual wanderers came along with their theories – those carefully thought out one liners to seek attention. I don't mind at all, we're all on here seeking attention anyway.

I didn't really expect people to come along and say that they would have to leave when the pound reaches a certain level against the Euro, it's an extremely hard level to pinpoint accurately. I can't even work out my own level.

Those I know to have left for financial reasons were usually overtaken by events outside their control. If you can't pay your bills and buy food, you have no choice but to leave for the country you came from, where there is a system in place that won't let you starve, it's as simple as that.

If it came to a level of getting 50 Cents for my pound, for example, I would already be packed.
Old Oct 3rd 2010, 6:13 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Well, hopefully it will pick up and you won't have to go back.