Time to pack?

Old Oct 1st 2010, 8:19 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Time to pack?

Originally Posted by whitelinen
Who was the fruit loop?
Can't remember if he was the elder or younger.

This was in a programme by Michael wood, I think on India. Deeply fascinating, tho I sadly have little chance remembering the names of the protagonists.

Google it if you are curious. He could have been a Mughal. http://www.answers.com/topic/mogul-m...ughal_Emperors Possibly Akhbar was the father.

Last edited by bil; Oct 1st 2010 at 8:23 pm.
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 4:34 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JLFS
If you are already tightening your belt to the limit, there is very little slack to pull in further.

I have no constructive advice to give, and it has been a major fall from the heady days of what the pound was worth a few years ago.
I never thought that the UK would ever end up in such a mess, and the cuts that are on the cards need to be done straight away, because the interest will cripple the country even more.
We should find out on October 20 what the extent of the cuts for this year is going to be. That's when the spending review by George Osborne is made public. Expect some savage cuts; it may even provoke the general strikes you've already had in Spain and other European countries.
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 5:59 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
We should find out on October 20 what the extent of the cuts for this year is going to be. That's when the spending review by George Osborne is made public. Expect some savage cuts; it may even provoke the general strikes you've already had in Spain and other European countries.
For those of you worrying, don't. The rich and the powerful will lack for nothing, and certainly won't go under, no matter how many of us do.
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 10:00 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
For those of you worrying, don't. The rich and the powerful will lack for nothing, and certainly won't go under, no matter how many of us do.
Well up to now the so called general strike days seem to have been a bit of a damp squib.
Judging by many of the well kitted out ppl. demonstrating in an almost party atmosphere,they seemed to lack for nothing also.
A far cry and huge contrast from the days of the boys from Jarrow.
Old Oct 3rd 2010, 6:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Bigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
With your second comment you hit the nail on the head, choice.
Did I not read in the press last week a claim that nearly all lamb in New Zealand is slaughtered the Halal way.

Jim
Old Oct 3rd 2010, 7:21 am
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Bigger Jim;8892379]Did I not read in the press last week a claim that nearly all lamb in New Zealand is slaughtered the Halal way.

Yes, and to varying percentages with other meats sold not only in supermarkets but used in many schools, takeaways etc. in the UK.

It cannot be right that the consumer is not told when the meat is Halal (or similar ) as many would refuse to buy meat killed in this way.

Can you imagine the uproar if non halal meat was supplied to Muslim schools
without their knowledge.

This is not a religious arguement but one of how food is sourced and peoples choice whether to buy.

It doesn't bother me if the meat is Halal. What bothers me is we are not told and given the choice.

I am surprised there wasn't a bigger uproar over this from the PC brigade, probably because they did not wish to upset the minority at the expense of the majority.
Old Oct 3rd 2010, 7:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Bigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=johnnyone;8892419This is not a religious arguement but one of how food is sourced and peoples choice whether to buy.

It doesn't bother me if the meat is Halal. What bothers me is we are not told and given the choice.

I am surprised there wasn't a bigger uproar over this from the PC brigade, probably because they did not wish to upset the minority at the expense of the majority.[/QUOTE]

There is also a taste difference and for what its worth most supermarkets sell it and don't tell you unless you ask.

Jim
Old Oct 3rd 2010, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

elspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud of

My Spanish neighbours kill chickens by cutting their throats and collecting the blood in a cup which they use in their cooking. The birds died quicker than the British method of wringing their necks. I won't be packing up because of this which was the original thread.
Old Oct 3rd 2010, 11:44 am
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elspeth sinclair
My Spanish neighbours kill chickens by cutting their throats and collecting the blood in a cup which they use in their cooking. The birds died quicker than the British method of wringing their necks. I won't be packing up because of this which was the original thread.
The original topic of the thread was about the falling value of the pound against the euro, and eventually having to pack up and return to the UK, nothing to do with either wringing a chickens neck or cutting it's throat.
Old Oct 3rd 2010, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

elspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud of

The original topic of the thread was about the falling value of the pound against the euro, and eventually having to pack up and return to the UK, nothing to do with either wringing a chickens neck or cutting it's throat.
Time to pack was the thread but the arguments were all about how animals were killed and I said the fact they were being killed in this manner would not make me pack. Sometimes I despair at the way you get the wrong end of the stick never mind the thread.
Old Oct 3rd 2010, 12:15 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Time to pack was the thread but the arguments were all about how animals were killed and I said the fact they were being killed in this manner would not make me pack. Sometimes I despair at the way you get the wrong end of the stick never mind the thread.
Wrong the thread was hijacked to be taliking about animials, the original topic was the pound/euro.

Maybe if you translate it into Spanish for me, then I might understand more.
Old Oct 3rd 2010, 12:57 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bigger Jim
Did I not read in the press last week a claim that nearly all lamb in New Zealand is slaughtered the Halal way.

Jim
Very possibly, it makes economic sense, why limit your market?
Old Oct 3rd 2010, 1:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wrong the thread was hijacked to be taliking about animials, the original topic was the pound/euro.

Maybe if you translate it into Spanish for me, then I might understand more.
there were 13 posts about the economy, 8 about religion and 20 about meat and how it is killed and a few others about unrelated subjects or trying to get the thread back on track.
Old Oct 3rd 2010, 2:08 pm
Banned

there were 13 posts about the economy, 8 about religion and 20 about meat and how it is killed and a few others about unrelated subjects or trying to get the thread back on track.
And your point is?
Old Oct 3rd 2010, 4:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

And your point is?

None that YOU could possibly understand. I would be worried if we were suddenly compatible.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.