Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Spain is the best country in Europe...

Spain is the best country in Europe...

Old Mar 24th 2011, 9:46 am
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spain is the best country in Europe...

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
The point <==============================> Agoreira

Still, if you're that far gone, perhaps we'd be better laying off you, less we push you over the edge.
Dont let it get to you so much, if I can take a bit of correcting so can you

Ok some feel that it is rude to have your mistakes pointed out on a forum, but I dont..

I cant do accents on this key board, well to be honest, cant remember where they go half of the time and cant be bothered when I can remember, and living without them so long in the UK, has made me a bit "lazy and blaze" (Blaze I think should have an accent but as I stated before)..........

I lost the accents on my name years ago, as there was no facility for putting them on in the UK, and thought to hell with it, so, what you said was a very good attempt, and anyone would understand.

It seems strange but folks seem to feel more insulted when they are corrected in a second language than in their native tounge, and I have seen some classic posts written in English by Brits on here. I think y¡our pride hurts more when you have made an effort to learn something new.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 9:57 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JLFS
Dont let it get to you so much, if I can take a bit of correcting so can you

Ok some feel that it is rude to have your mistakes pointed out on a forum, but I dont..

I cant do accents on this key board, well to be honest, cant remember where they go half of the time and cant be bothered when I can remember, and living without them so long in the UK, has made me a bit "lazy and blaze" (Blaze I think should have an accent but as I stated before)..........

I lost the accents on my name years ago, as there was no facility for putting them on in the UK, and thought to hell with it, so, what you said was a very good attempt, and anyone would understand.

It seems strange but folks seem to feel more insulted when they are corrected in a second language than in their native tounge, and I have seen some classic posts written in English by Brits on here. I think y¡our pride hurts more when you have made an effort to learn something new.
Doesn't affect me in the slightest. If I wanted to tighten up my spelling there are plenty of language sites. I was making a completely different point in the post, and suspect I shouldn't have, as the guy is obviously on the edge. Why invest so much time in an expats site when a) he's never lived there b) has stated he has no interest in living there c) obviously hates the place. Seems really bizarre to me, but maybe I have too little imagination. Most folk have a balanced view of a country (even if they dislike the country) but this guy can only ever knock the place. He obviously thinks we all operate in the same manner, so he accuses me of constantly knocking the UK when the truth is quite the opposite (see my praise in various posts of the landscape, the parks, the sporting events, the great home made food etc). In fact I'd better stop responding to him, he's obviously missing something.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 10:06 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

He doesn't hate the place, just trying to readdress the balance. No country is as good as a few on here say Spain is. You ask why he is on here but some could say the same of you, the majority of your posts are about the UK. When was you last in Spain?
Old Mar 24th 2011, 10:09 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Relampago
And you don't forget the enormous money and the effort has been invested in the High Speed ​​in Spain. Now there is a Mediterranean Corridor project, which will link France with southern Spain

Grants are received by all member countries, notably Germany and France, and Spain can receive, but Spain is also paying. Grants are not free. It's money back and forth. And Spain paid a brutal price for entering the EU, which has practically not been required by new member countries
I think you shoud check out the levels of grants Spain has received over the years, for many years being by far the biggest net benefactor at the expense of countries like the UK.
Some of the funds have been wisely spent on roads and railways, however quite a lot in the agricultural dept are open to question, much of it squandered on big time investors with little interest in farming but more in quick and easy profits from the fat grants they received, but never justified.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 10:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JLFS
It seems strange but folks seem to feel more insulted when they are corrected in a second language than in their native tounge,
Yes, and despite telling us to the contrary, he does seem a tad insulted! Personally I'm all for a few Spanish quotations, it's just that he looks a bit silly making very basic grammatical errors, he's inventing words as he goes along! And he's got no excuse, he's even lived in Spain, unlike me!
Old Mar 24th 2011, 10:19 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Well, the thread has been chopped, so many off topic posts have gone.
I should have a read of the posting guidelines again. It's wasting your time making personal jibes and attacks ... they will only be deleted. Debate intelligently, dont lower yourself to making personal comments

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Mar 24th 2011 at 10:35 am.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 10:22 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
He doesn't hate the place, just trying to readdress the balance. No country is as good as a few on here say Spain is. You ask why he is on here but some could say the same of you, the majority of your posts are about the UK. When was you last in Spain?
Jacky - you often ask questions of others personal details, yet make a game of whether you do in fact live near Marbella. As for me, it's true I no longer live there, but I did work in Madrid, and have not completely given up the chance of returning (although it's looking unlikely given lifespan etc). I have often tried to help people when they ask questions about the TEFL industry (as you well know as you chose to disbelieve everything I posted) and Madrid in particular. I also am here (along with other ex-ex-pats) to help those who need information about the UK. I think this board benefits from all of us in different situations and with different backgrounds. I just don't understand the mentality of someone who dislikes Spain so much, and has made it plain he has no desire to ever live there, to continually post on a board dedicated to the subject.

Last word on the subject I promise!
Old Mar 24th 2011, 10:42 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Getting back on topic I don't think Spain is the best country in Europe
Old Mar 24th 2011, 10:44 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Getting back on topic I don't think Spain is the best country in Europe
And I know this will shock you, but I agree totally with you
Old Mar 24th 2011, 11:07 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

The problem is one mans meat etc. Apart from one major drawback I would rather live in Italy but the drawback is the health service there and yes I have had experience of it albeit as a 24 hour a day visitor. As much as I like Spain and the Spanish I think that no-one can say that any country is the best on all counts.

Graham
Old Mar 24th 2011, 11:08 am
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
And I know this will shock you, but I agree totally with you

Its really frustrating when posters do not say where (in their opinion) they consider is better and why.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 11:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Oddities
The problem is one mans meat etc. Apart from one major drawback I would rather live in Italy but the drawback is the health service there and yes I have had experience of it albeit as a 24 hour a day visitor. As much as I like Spain and the Spanish I think that no-one can say that any country is the best on all counts.

Graham
Well yes, the best country is always the one someone has visited briefly and don't know much about.

I know a few Italians from London who left Italy because they cant stand what their country has become with Silvio and friends.

It's impossible to objectively say what the best country is, you can only go on your personal thoughts and circumstances.

For me personally Spain is the best country in the world. If it wasnt I would get up and go and live in the one I thought was better. I dont understand why the rest of you dont, it must be awful always thinking there is something better that you will never experience.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 11:54 am
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by whitelinen
Its really frustrating when posters do not say where (in their opinion) they consider is better and why.

Oh, OK ... sorry

Well, I travelled most of Europe in business ... but imho that doesnt give me the knowledge or right to say one is better than another.

When I say I dont think Spain is the best country in Europe I dont mean that is not a nice country to live in. I enjoy living here, it ticks all the boxes for what I want at the moment. However the bottom line is that I will always regard the UK as the best country for me. I lived there all my life. It gave me the ability to do what I am doing now.

Amongst many things, I enjoy the (green) countryside and architecture there. I enjoy the variety of scenery throughout the UK, the access to the kind of live music I like, and theatre, movies, every type of restaurant I can think of .. all within easy reach

I'm not keen on the weather I appreciate that there are issues with immigration and Government, and the yob culture, but its still the place as far as I am concerned

The only thing that gets me really down about Spain is the huge amount of effort it takes to get anything (even simple) done.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 12:19 pm
Banned

It's impossible to say what the best country is, it's what feels right for you and the priorities for an individual. Some peoples priorities are to be close to friends and family...others may want to be far away from them. Some want to be where the money is........
Old Mar 24th 2011, 12:37 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

It's impossible to say what the best country is, it's what feels right for you and the priorities for an individual. Some peoples priorities are to be close to friends and family...others may want to be far away from them. Some want to be where the money is........
Agreed, so basically the thread is a nonsense.
Everyone to their own and as Mitzy said whichever country that ticks the most boxes is the best for that person.
For me it's six of one and half a dozen of the other as I am fortunate enough to be able to split my time, which generally makes the one I just returned to feel better, but only for a while.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.