Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

: Smoking ban 1-July-2007 !!! :

: Smoking ban 1-July-2007 !!! :

Old Jul 2nd 2007, 11:37 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: : Smoking ban 1-July-2007 !!! :

Originally Posted by Miss Naughty
There will be lost revenue due to this ban, Also the way people moan about smokers who drain financially on the NHS There has probably been lots of people who have smoked all there life and never had to have any kind of NHS treatment.

Do we then ban drink after all a lot of money is lost sorting out the people who cant handle there drink or require long term care because they have become needy to the stuff.

Also do we ban CAKES after all there is a lot of very obese people who cant stop eating that has a huge effect on the NHS.

I think what the goverment should of done was asked which pubs etc etc wanted to become smoke free, i do agree at work there should be a ban but not in all pubs.

That way the smokers got to still enjoy there G & T and fag and the non smokers could trot of to there nice smell free pub, this way problem solved!

Oh forgot to add prisons and care homes have not been effected as that is a place where they live.

Oh and guess what else it does not include the house of commons they still have there smoking room.
Spot on the nail miss Naughty very true and sensible post
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 11:39 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

changed mind
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 11:41 pm
Banned

[QUOTE=rayemandpaul;5000725]Being a newbie and to get to-wards my three postings - my views as an ex-smoker who gave up 15 years ago are mixed. True I do not like going into Pubs and coming out smelling like an ashtray but also I am not at all happy with the nanny state situation we are in with the Government constantly telling us whats safe and whats not. Funnily enough - although these safety restrictions curtail the People's freedoms MP.s always seem to be excempt. So what do I think - let Pubs, Clubs etc make up their own minds - People will vote with their feet - Smokers to Smoker Pubs and vice-versa - but ban smoking in all work and public places including streets.[/QUOTE]

This was a superb post then you spoilt it at the end
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 11:46 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Just accept its done for god sake man!!!
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 11:50 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Just accept its done for god sake man!!!
i cant ... Life just wont be the same ever again
Now they making me have to keep smoking on principle when i was umming and arring about knocking it on the head
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 11:54 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Pete
i cant ... Life just wont be the same ever again
Now they making me have to keep smoking on principle when i was umming and arring about knocking it on the head
Just give up, I cant believe a man as intelligent as you is still smoking. You know it kills, and you know why it kills. Do the right thing and fight for the rights of something more deserving!!
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 12:01 am
Banned

Just give up, I cant believe a man as intelligent as you is still smoking. You know it kills, and you know why it kills. Do the right thing and fight for the rights of something more deserving!!
i will try my best ..
But me smokes today what next ? But i shall try me best , after all why should i care about UK eventually i wont be here
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 12:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

i will try my best ..
But me smokes today what next ? But i shall try me best , after all why should i care about UK eventually i wont be here
You can do it Big Pete, we'll all be rooting for you!
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 12:06 am
Straw Man.

i will try my best ..
Thats what I said to the OH.

I love the UK, it has stunning countryside and all, but we are leaving it, so why worry, really?
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 12:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Mally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond repute

I don't agree.

Smoking CAN 'potentially' Kill. It's not a guarantee.

I've known smokers die of non smoking related illnesses, and non smokers die of so-called smokers related illnesses.

If that's the case, why are we allowed to drink and drive, provided we don't go over the Government stated limit ?

Drink Driving can kill. So completely Ban that too

I'm a smoker, but my husband has never been a smoker. He can't beleive this law. He would rather go into a pub and come out smelling of smoke, having had a good night out, rather than always worrying about idiots who cant handle their drink wanting to 'have a go', because after 3 pints they can take on the world :curse:

I agree restuarants etc should be no smoking, but pubs and clubs, come on
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 12:11 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by Mally Lass
I don't agree.

I've known smokers die of non smoking related illnesses, and non smokers die of so-called smokers related illnesses.

If that's the case, why are we allowed to drink and drive, provided we don't go over the Government stated limit ?

I'm a smoker, but my husband has never been a smoker. He can't beleive this law. He would rather go into a pub and come out smelling of smoke, having had a good night out, rather than always worrying about idiots who cant handle their drink wanting to 'have a go', because after 3 pints they can take on the world :curse:

Mally, the proof that tobacco smoke kills is pretty clear cut, even the tobacco scientists agree that it is toxic therefore carcinogenic, and just because you have a few anecdotal stories of people who lived to 125 and smoked 400 woodbines a day, doesn't mean that it is safe.

Secondary smoke is even worse as the toxins are intensified and therefore they pose a much greater risk to non smokers.

Smokers chose to smoke, us non smokers chose not to, but are forced to, untill now. How do you think we feel??
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 12:12 am
Banned

I don't agree.

Good post , and my views exactly .
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 12:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Mally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Mally, the proof that tobacco smoke kills is pretty clear cut, even the tobacco scientists agree that it is toxic therefore carcinogenic, and just because you have a few anecdotal stories of people who lived to 125 and smoked 400 woodbines a day, doesn't mean that it is safe.

Secondary smoke is even worse as the toxins are intensified and therefore they pose a much greater risk to non smokers.

Smokers chose to smoke, us non smokers chose not to, but are forced to, untill now. How do you think we feel??

I don't know anyone who lived to 125............that's just silly

I never said it didn't pose a risk to non smokers.

So don't alcoholics and drink drivers pose a risk to me and my children, and family, and relatives, and friends, and neighbours, etc etc

My elderly Mother didn't CHOOSE to be hit by a drunk driver EITHER, but it happened, because our government state there's a LIMIT to do so ! How do you think I FEEL ??????

It's dangerous, so why is it one rule for one and one rule for another ???
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 12:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Pete

How many things are seriously dangerous to 'other people's' health, apart from our own.

I don't CHOOSE to ;

Live nearby a Paedophile (my children are in DANGER)
Live nearby a convicted Murdered (Everyone is potentially in danger)
Be put at risk by Psychiatric patients as the NHS wont house them

the list is endless, to what is a danger to us all, yet we have no choice over.

On any given packet of Ciggies, the minimum of £3.00 of that is taken on Taxes, which, guess what......................FUND the bloody NHS........

so, how will the Government now cope with the shortfall when hundreds of people STOP spending that money ?

They will hike up the Taxes for everyone else
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 12:28 am
Straw Man.

I don't know anyone who lived to 125............that's just silly

I never said it didn't pose a risk to non smokers.

So don't alcoholics and drink drivers pose a risk to me and my children, and family, and relatives, and friends, and neighbours, etc etc

My elderly Mother didn't CHOOSE to be hit by a drunk driver EITHER, but it happened, because our government state there's a LIMIT to do so ! How do you think I FEEL ??????

It's dangerous, so why is it one rule for one and one rule for another ???
But as a drinker I never drink and drive.

The statistics for DUI are significantly lower than smokers, so the two realistically cant be compared.

I know you don't know anyone of that age, I was using a little artistic license.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.