Reload this Page >

: Smoking ban 1-July-2007 !!! :

: Smoking ban 1-July-2007 !!! :

Old Jul 2nd 2007, 12:04 am

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: : Smoking ban 1-July-2007 !!! :

Originally Posted by Big Pete
You dont answer them lol

So whats the stance on drinkers . remember the first question ?

Do drink problems give hospitals problems ?
Just a quick question crispy ?

Drink problems including saturday night punch ups , do they give any work to the hospitals ?
Pete me lad, I'm off to bed now, in answer to your questions I think I may have seen some, yes. nite nite mate phew I just stood up and came over all fizzy, I think I have drunk to much diet fanta lemon this evening as I feel very light headed. nite, nite again Pete.
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 12:18 am
me eds a shed

COWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Alcohol free, for me is like having sex with someone else's penis!!
I hadn't got you down as a man who "Bats from Both Ends" but whatever lights your candle .....it's not up to us to judge,.....
Is it just coincidence that you confessed this in a "Smoking thread".
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 12:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by COWBOY_BUILDER
I hadn't got you down as a man who "Bats from Both Ends" but whatever lights your candle .....it's not up to us to judge,.....
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 3:24 am

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willmore

Are you stalking him?
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 6:22 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anabella
Are you stalking him?
No.... she just follows him round like a little puppy ;-))
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 6:32 am
me eds a shed

COWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond reputeCOWBOY_BUILDER has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anabella
Are you stalking him?
I hope so...
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 6:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute

There will be lost revenue due to this ban, Also the way people moan about smokers who drain financially on the NHS There has probably been lots of people who have smoked all there life and never had to have any kind of NHS treatment.

Do we then ban drink after all a lot of money is lost sorting out the people who cant handle there drink or require long term care because they have become needy to the stuff.

Also do we ban CAKES after all there is a lot of very obese people who cant stop eating that has a huge effect on the NHS.

I think what the goverment should of done was asked which pubs etc etc wanted to become smoke free, i do agree at work there should be a ban but not in all pubs.

That way the smokers got to still enjoy there G & T and fag and the non smokers could trot of to there nice smell free pub, this way problem solved!

Oh forgot to add prisons and care homes have not been effected as that is a place where they live.

Oh and guess what else it does not include the house of commons they still have there smoking room.
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 6:59 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by COWBOY_BUILDER
Originally Posted by willmore
I have waited months for you to join in on a discussion in here and this is where you chose to do so.

And you should know that wherever you are, the lovely Sue will be!!
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 7:14 am
Just Joined

cissystar650 is an unknown quantity at this point

Now that could solve my problem of what to do with two kids and two dogs when i want to go out on the bike
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 7:18 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Naughty
There will be lost revenue due to this ban, Also the way people moan about smokers who drain financially on the NHS There has probably been lots of people who have smoked all there life and never had to have any kind of NHS treatment.

Do we then ban drink after all a lot of money is lost sorting out the people who cant handle there drink or require long term care because they have become needy to the stuff.

Also do we ban CAKES after all there is a lot of very obese people who cant stop eating that has a huge effect on the NHS.

I think what the goverment should of done was asked which pubs etc etc wanted to become smoke free, i do agree at work there should be a ban but not in all pubs.

That way the smokers got to still enjoy there G & T and fag and the non smokers could trot of to there nice smell free pub, this way problem solved!

Oh forgot to add prisons and care homes have not been effected as that is a place where they live.

Oh and guess what else it does not include the house of commons they still have there smoking room.
So Miss N, what are the plans? I think there is a thread fo you somewhere in Siesta, fancy giving an update?
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 9:13 am
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

Alcohol free, for me is like having sex with someone else's penis!!
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 10:15 am
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Pete
Government figures reckon minimum 600,000 smokers will quit this week ..

so lets do a few sums ;

lets take a minimum average of 20 a day per smoker @ £ 5 a pack of which we all know from Spains pricing £ 4.25 of that is TAX ..

So we have 600,000 x £ 4,25 = £ 2.550,000 a day !!!!

or on a 7 day week = £ 17.850,000 a week !!!

Yearly = £ 928.200,000 !! Yes it is 928 Million in lost revenue , so i wonder where this is going to come in from ?
Hmmmmmmm i wonder seeings as nobody says a word when fuel goes up what you reckon ??
any idea how much is spent on the clean up bill for lung cancer and heart disease as well as all the other nasties from smoking that the NHS has to pay for?

There is your saving there.
Morning Guys, hey first of all thanks for all your comments and the karma sent,I was thrilled this morning when I looked in here
I think they should put all the revenue earned from smokers into a pot,and for every billion of pounds saved we should put it towards building new hospitals with a nice brass plate over the door, this was donated from the smokers in society , and then when we have built a few more hospitals then the rest could go towards paying the poor publicans their dole money when they find they can no longer keep their places open and have to close and become unemployed.
Oh and by the way I would not have any hesitation in treating non -smokers in our new hospitals..........after all for the amount of treatment smokers require they would be empty otherwise ....... good hey
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 11:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jandy44
Morning Guys, hey first of all thanks for all your comments and the karma sent,I was thrilled this morning when I looked in here
I think they should put all the revenue earned from smokers into a pot,and for every billion of pounds saved we should put it towards building new hospitals with a nice brass plate over the door, this was donated from the smokers in society , and then when we have built a few more hospitals then the rest could go towards paying the poor publicans their dole money when they find they can no longer keep their places open and have to close and become unemployed.
Oh and by the way I would not have any hesitation in treating non -smokers in our new hospitals..........after all for the amount of treatment smokers require they would be empty otherwise ....... good hey

Old Jul 2nd 2007, 7:36 pm
Fed up in England!!

silverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Miss Naughty

I think that would have been a good option, to ban in some pubs and not in others, then you've got the choice, but as it stood, if i wanted to visit my local, i had no choice but to breathe the toxic fumes . All the smokeres still keep brushing over the fact that their addiction DID effect others around them, someone who eats cream cakes in front of me does not, nor if they drink in front of me, unless they become an obnoxious drunk.
And actually, i do think some foods should be banned, things that we know cause great harm if eaten in large quantities, colours in foods, saturated fats etc., if there is an alternative they should be made to use the healthy option in production.
Lets face it, when there was rationing, in general, people had healthier diets.
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 10:47 pm
Just Joined

rayemandpaul is an unknown quantity at this point

Being a newbie and to get to-wards my three postings - my views as an ex-smoker who gave up 15 years ago are mixed. True I do not like going into Pubs and coming out smelling like an ashtray but also I am not at all happy with the nanny state situation we are in with the Government constantly telling us whats safe and whats not. Funnily enough - although these safety restrictions curtail the People's freedoms MP.s always seem to be excempt. So what do I think - let Pubs, Clubs etc make up their own minds - People will vote with their feet - Smokers to Smoker Pubs and vice-versa - but ban smoking in all work and public places including streets.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.