Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

: Smoking ban 1-July-2007 !!! :

: Smoking ban 1-July-2007 !!! :

Old Jul 1st 2007, 11:06 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: : Smoking ban 1-July-2007 !!! :

Originally Posted by Big Pete
Oh yea and fogot to mention !!

Very soon the None smokers will regret the day , others`arent smoking as they will be picking up the tab somewhere along the line ..

That will teach them
What do I care, I'm gonna be in Spain in a year!
Old Jul 1st 2007, 11:07 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Dont need alcohol to have a drink !! Get alcohol free Beers and wines so why not ban it makes more sense ..
Alcohol free, for me is like having sex with someone else's penis!!
Old Jul 1st 2007, 11:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
bloody northerners, always on the scrounge!
'appen, got fot look after thi coin so's thi geet enuff fot splash on't fine things in life - Golf, Man City season ticket, cars, 'olidays and of course the whippets and ferrets need feedin' an have thi seen cost of decent 'arris tweed cap these days???
An theres an 'ouse gone on't market near us for nearly 40 grand, can thi imagine? who's gonna afford that since pits shut?? eh?? - bet it goes to a doctor or some other poncey southern type - showing off wit cash!!
Old Jul 1st 2007, 11:09 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by leighbloke
'appen, got fot look after thi coin so's thi geet enuff fot splash on't fine things in life - Golf, Man City season ticket, cars, 'olidays and of course the whippets and ferrets need feedin' an have thi seen cost of decent 'arris twwed cap these days???
An theres an 'ouse gone on't market near us for nearly 40 grand, can thi imagine? who gonna afford that sinces pits shut?? eh?? - bet it goes to a doctor or some other poncey southern type - showing off wit cash!!
EH!?
Old Jul 1st 2007, 11:10 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jul 1st 2007, 11:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute

EH!?
Heathen!!
Old Jul 1st 2007, 11:13 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

any idea how much is spent on the clean up bill for lung cancer and heart disease as well as all the other nasties from smoking that the NHS has to pay for?
There is your saving there.

Hi Matt, I know what you are saying about the money spent on health care for smoke related illness but it also goes for drink and obesity as well.

I worked in the NHS for 17 years and I'm sure others that write on this forum that worked for them as well will confirm what I say......."you would never in a million years believe the amount of NHS staff that smoke and I am talking about nurse's and doctors as well as the backbone staff of any hospital."

Before the hospital I worked for banned smoking inside the building which was only a few years back now, walking up the back emergency stairwell was disgusting, the fags ends that littered the whole place was dog end trap's paradise especially on level one where the ITU nurses used to go and have a quick puff between seeing to the parents. Doctors would come into my section and asked for patient results with 20 fags stuck in their top pocket and their breath stinking of ciggy smoke.

Still goes on, only thing now they have had their smoke outside, if anyone is ever up Westminster Bridge just look over the side where the hospital is you will see them all outside amongst the bins having a quick puff before they go back in to tend the sick. They are after all only human
Old Jul 1st 2007, 11:16 pm

How'd you know that? you a doctor?
Old Jul 1st 2007, 11:17 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by crispygirl
How'd you kow that?
all I'm saying is that I don't get a thing out of it.
Old Jul 1st 2007, 11:18 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Matt, I know what you are saying about the money spent on health care for smoke related illness but it also goes for drink and obesity as well.

I worked in the NHS for 17 years and I'm sure others that write on this forum that worked for them as well will confirm what I say......."you would never in a million years believe the amount of NHS staff that smoke and I am talking about nurse's and doctors as well as the backbone staff of any hospital."

Before the hospital I worked for banned smoking inside the building which was only a few years back now, walking up the back emergency stairwell was disgusting, the fags ends that littered the whole place was dog end trap's paradise especially on level one where the ITU nurses used to go and have a quick puff between seeing to the parents. Doctors would come into my section and asked for patient results with 20 fags stuck in their top pocket and their breath stinking of ciggy smoke.

Still goes on, only thing now they have had their smoke outside, if anyone is ever up Westminster Bridge just look over the side where the hospital is you will see them all outside amongst the bins having a quick puff before they go back in to tend the sick. They are after all only human
Just a quick question crispy ?

Drink problems including saturday night punch ups , do they give any work to the hospitals ?

Also have you ever seen a man who has smokes say 25 fags one after the other pick a fight ? due to being fagged out of his head ?
Old Jul 1st 2007, 11:25 pm

Drink problems including saturday night punch ups , do they give any work to the hospitals ?

Also have you ever seen a man who has smokes say 25 fags one after the other pick a fight ? due to being fagged out of his head ?

In answer to your questions BP, I have spent a few nights in A&E and to the best of my knowledge I have never seen a punch up or any other sort of UP due to smoking legal ciggy's, on the other hand there has been one or two started by peeps that make have had a bit too much wacky.......question two as I said in question one too much wackybacky has been known to cause a few incidents.
Old Jul 1st 2007, 11:33 pm
Banned

In answer to your questions BP, I have spent a few nights in A&E and to the best of my knowledge I have never seen a punch up or any other sort of UP due to smoking legal ciggy's, on the other hand there has been one or two started by peeps that make have had a bit too much wacky.......question two as I said in question one too much wackybacky has been known to cause a few incidents.
we are talking Benson hedges not wacky

And drinking crispy ??
Old Jul 1st 2007, 11:36 pm
Banned

What about a driver knocking someone over as he was over fagging limit ?

Or someone being injured by having a crumpled Benson Hedges empty pack smashed in there face ?

or someone who had 2 Bensons and 3 Lambert and Butlers mixed together causing them to get loud and slobber around the hospital ?
Old Jul 1st 2007, 11:52 pm

What about a driver knocking someone over as he was over fagging limit ?

Or someone being injured by having a crumpled Benson Hedges empty pack smashed in there face ?

or someone who had 2 Bensons and 3 Lambert and Butlers mixed together causing them to get loud and slobber around the hospital ?

Well in answer to your first question mmmmmmmm YES maybe not over fagging limit but maybe smoking fag whilst driving and knocking lighted end off into lap and causing accident because of not watching road as was to busy retrieving fag end from crotch.

2 and 3 never heard of any.

At this point BP I feel I have to say that I do however believe in the medical evidence that smoking can cause smoke relate illness to others in the form of passive smoking just the same way taking drugs can be passed on to unborn children. As I say no issue with people who want to kill themselves from smoking or any other substance but do object to those that cause harm to harm others. Nest question please.
Old Jul 1st 2007, 11:55 pm
Banned

Well in answer to your first question mmmmmmmm YES maybe not over fagging limit but maybe smoking fag whilst driving and knocking lighted end off into lap and causing accident because of not watching road as was to busy retrieving fag end from crotch.

2 and 3 never heard of any.

At this point BP I feel I have to say that I do however believe in the medical evidence that smoking can cause smoke relate illness to others in the form of passive smoking just the same way taking drugs can be passed on to unborn children. As I say no issue with people who want to kill themselves from smoking or any other substance but do object to those that cause harm to harm others. Nest question please.
You dont answer them lol

So whats the stance on drinkers . remember the first question ?

Do drink problems give hospitals problems ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.