Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

: Smoking ban 1-July-2007 !!! :

: Smoking ban 1-July-2007 !!! :

Old Jul 26th 2007, 5:52 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: : Smoking ban 1-July-2007 !!! :

Originally Posted by Lionda
Pete!

I have to be honest, at the risk of upsetting you that I don't like to be around smokers for very long, it makes my clothes and hair stink of ciggies and I start to cough When we went back to the UK last week we went into a pub for lunch and it was lovely to be able to breathe I mentioned this to one of the waitresses and she said it was a much better working atmosphere :
You wont upset me Lionda

Its not the smoking as being honest i am gonna stop anyways , the issue is the Do as We say again you know

Waitresses would say that , no ashtrays to empty therefore easier job

But on the subject of the filthy disgusting smoking again , heard a few good bits on the Radio about it yesterday ..

It appears now the none smokers are Most Unhappy as when they want to take there drinks out in to the beer gardens , they are finding that all the smokers are sitting out there , thus meaning .

1/ They cant get seats
2/ They are sitting amongst a load of smokers

and they are forced to stay indoors while the Sun Shines

Brilliant isnt it ? Now can you blame the smokers for that ! After all they are Legally Banished outside arent they
Old Jul 26th 2007, 5:59 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Pete
:and they are forced to stay indoors while the Sun Shines Brilliant isnt it ? Now can you blame the smokers for that ! After all they are Legally Banished outside arent they
Evening Pete ...... how you doing

The sun doesn't shine much over there at the moment so they don't have to worry too much do they

Is the smoking ban for inside public places then. I wasn't sure, cos people eat in the beer gardens as well don't they, so you'd think they would extend it to there
Old Jul 26th 2007, 6:15 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Evening Pete ...... how you doing

The sun doesn't shine much over there at the moment so they don't have to worry too much do they

Is the smoking ban for inside public places then. I wasn't sure, cos people eat in the beer gardens as well don't they, so you'd think they would extend it to there
Hiya Mitzy i am ok ta ,

Well true not a major problem this year But was lovely over the weekend , so guess its what highlighted the problems that will occur ..

Well yes think they going to have to look at something , as law states inside but outside with chairs is outside , so where else is the smoker gonna go ? so cant blame the smokers can they ..

So potential problems arrising when the weather does finally turn good
Old Jul 26th 2007, 7:03 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Problems now!!!!
An ex boxer was shot in the head after an altercation about stopping someone smoking!! Now brain dead
Old Jul 27th 2007, 10:19 am
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly you want that bit of spark in him dont you Keeps you on your toes because every so often he will do a mad thing and whisk you away for a weekend and stuff ..
Yep your right just got back from Wales but did also have MIL and SIL with us
Love Sam
Old Jul 27th 2007, 10:27 am
The Best Fed Scot

Lochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of light

But on the subject of the filthy disgusting smoking again , heard a few good bits on the Radio about it yesterday ..

It appears now the none smokers are Most Unhappy as when they want to take there drinks out in to the beer gardens , they are finding that all the smokers are sitting out there , thus meaning .

1/ They cant get seats
2/ They are sitting amongst a load of smokers

and they are forced to stay indoors while the Sun Shines

Brilliant isnt it ? Now can you blame the smokers for that ! After all they are Legally Banished outside arent they
Yeah fantastic, this is the attitude that got smoking banned in the first place - total lack of respect for those around you. Or in your case, taking great pleasure in annoying and bothering people around you. Keep going with that attitude Pete and do us all a favour, you'll end up getting it banned in beer gardens as well. Three cheers for Pete's attitude, hip, hip...
Old Jul 27th 2007, 10:19 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Lochy
Yeah fantastic, this is the attitude that got smoking banned in the first place - total lack of respect for those around you. Or in your case, taking great pleasure in annoying and bothering people around you. Keep going with that attitude Pete and do us all a favour, you'll end up getting it banned in beer gardens as well. Three cheers for Pete's attitude, hip, hip...
Hey dont shoot the messenger

Did i say i was in the Beer Garden ?

I think not right

It will be banned there soon and you cant blame me i dont go in beer gardens to many kiddies for me ,,
Old Jul 28th 2007, 6:49 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Smokers can be an irrational lot!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/6919568.stm
Old Jul 31st 2007, 10:10 pm
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

Now I think this is a much more worrying ............ and I wonder how much this is costing the tax payers.............

HERE