Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

New entry travel rules from non EU / Schengen countries

New entry travel rules from non EU / Schengen countries

Old Aug 7th 2022, 5:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

SanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New entry travel rules from non EU / Schengen countries

Originally Posted by dave7777
To be honest, the overwhelming majority of people who voted for Brexit (I was one of them rightly or wrongly) couldnt care less about staying more than 90 days out of 180 in the EU. It affects only a very small percentage of UK citizens, second home owners, travelling students and some business men. and Women. So all this talk of scary stuff, and cold harsh realities of Brexit, is pretty much of a non issue for the vast majority of UK citizens. Agreed its a pain for some people, but for the majority, its not even an issue.
I’m pretty sure the majority who voted for Brexit never even considered any of the implications but believed the spin about being better of going it alone and British jobs for British people. They traded European immigration restrictions for other 3rd country immigration and let those with a bit of an adventurous streak suffer for their naivety.
IMO they screwed over those approaching retirement with a small pot who want freedom of movement and the next generations who want to live, study and work in a wider region.
Most older people can still do those things with the correct visa and don’t care about the cost of heating or cooling their homes.
As for tax, I don’t know where people get the idea that UK tax is lower than Spain. I can only assume they forget about all of the stealth taxes. Personally I checked mine and I pay a lot less as an autonomo here then I would as a sole trader in the UK.
Old Aug 7th 2022, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

dave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SanNico
I’m pretty sure the majority who voted for Brexit never even considered any of the implications but believed the spin about being better of going it alone and British jobs for British people. They traded European immigration restrictions for other 3rd country immigration and let those with a bit of an adventurous streak suffer for their naivety.
IMO they screwed over those approaching retirement with a small pot who want freedom of movement and the next generations who want to live, study and work in a wider region.
Most older people can still do those things with the correct visa and don’t care about the cost of heating or cooling their homes.
As for tax, I don’t know where people get the idea that UK tax is lower than Spain. I can only assume they forget about all of the stealth taxes. Personally I checked mine and I pay a lot less as an autonomo here then I would as a sole trader in the UK.
I just dont understand this talk of people being screwed over etc. Why should people who have a dislike for freedom of movement rules (rightly or wrongly) and have no intention of leaving the Uk for any amount of time other than holidays etc , care about expats or other people who want to move to the EU.?
Old Aug 7th 2022, 5:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond repute

what makes you so sure that those you voted for brexit didn’t know of the implications? Do you think they care about well off retirees that want to live in a different country. Expats were always going to be a minority and minorities don’t win the vote. Those older rich people that don’t have to worry about fuel costs and can afford the expensive visas won’t have to worry anyway.
Old Aug 7th 2022, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

dave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stingychips
what makes you so sure that those you voted for brexit didn’t know of the implications? Do you think they care about well off retirees that want to live in a different country. Expats were always going to be a minority and minorities don’t win the vote. Those older rich people that don’t have to worry about fuel costs and can afford the expensive visas won’t have to worry anyway.
Totally agree
Old Aug 7th 2022, 5:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

SanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond repute

I just dont understand this talk of people being screwed over etc. Why should people who have a dislike for freedom of movement rules (rightly or wrongly) and have no intention of leaving the Uk for any amount of time other than holidays etc , care about expats or other people who want to move to the EU.?
Dunno Dave. Maybe being from a family of immigrants which gave you the right to dual citizenship also gave you the right to not give a hoot about others who want the same rights as you.
it also doesn’t apply to me as I was in the EU before it all happened but I do have sympathy for those who got penalized for the decision of others. I feel for those unable to leave the UK for a better life because now they have to make their life better before they can leave. On the other hand no EU nationals can go to the UK for a better life.
Come to think of it, you're alright, I’m alright, my kids are alright. To hell with the rest of them eh? Yes, I’m being sarcastic.
Valencia seems a very strange choice for someone with your mindset, unless of course you just another troll with a dozen identities on here. It’s full of immigrants and people with a very different outlook on life.
Old Aug 7th 2022, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

Dunno Dave. Maybe being from a family of immigrants which gave you the right to dual citizenship also gave you the right to not give a hoot about others who want the same rights as you.
it also doesn’t apply to me as I was in the EU before it all happened but I do have sympathy for those who got penalized for the decision of others. I feel for those unable to leave the UK for a better life because now they have to make their life better before they can leave. On the other hand no EU nationals can go to the UK for a better life.
Come to think of it, you're alright, I’m alright, my kids are alright. To hell with the rest of them eh? Yes, I’m being sarcastic.
Valencia seems a very strange choice for someone with your mindset, unless of course you just another troll with a dozen identities on here. It’s full of immigrants and people with a very different outlook on life.
I really dont get that reasoning. Yes, I am from an Irish family, I really dont see how that is here nor there. I vote (as everyone should) for what I believe is right for me, my family and the country as a whole. The proportion of the UK electorate who wanted to exercise previous freedom of movement is very small indeed, most people who want to and have the money, still can (with a visa) And why Valencia province would be a very strange choice is beyond me. My wife and I visited many times,, my wife loved the region we purchased in, which is near to Alzira. I have one account here, and I joined to get advice, which I have gratefully received a few times, and find out more. My wife is a Russian national originally, who feels at home in Valencia, and I promised her years ago that when the time was right, we would purchase and move. Certainly not a troll . just stating my opinion, perhaps Im wrong, perhaps I am right, but its my opinion,
Old Aug 7th 2022, 6:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Stingychips
90% of the posts on here asking about freedom of movement make me think that, including your posts prior to changing your mind about living here.
I agree most people didn’t care about the rich expats and they don’t care about the rest of you, but they weren’t penalizied. Your average Mondeo man was penalized, hence you spent two years complaining about it on here, blaming the Spanish government for being over zealous with the rules.
The people who wanted Brexit were the super rich, and they sold it the rest of the country through empty promises.
Old Aug 7th 2022, 6:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond repute

90% of the posts on here asking about freedom of movement make me think that, including your posts prior to changing your mind about living here.
I agree most people didn’t care about the rich expats and they don’t care about the rest of you, but they weren’t penalizied. Your average Mondeo man was penalized, hence you spent two years complaining about it on here, blaming the Spanish government for being over zealous with the rules.
The people who wanted Brexit were the super rich, and they sold it the rest of the country through empty promises.
so 90% of Brexit related posts on here reflect the British electorate? And I didn’t vote for anything as I was living in Barcelona at the time of the referendum. Wouldn’t have been worth flying back to the UK to vote.
Old Aug 7th 2022, 6:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

maybe Spain will be better off without the mondeo man. I don’t care what rules the Spanish government make anymore as moving over to a country where I have to do a days graft for less money in 40+ degrees is not for me. Over the years I have invested and spent so much money in Spain trying to make a living. Maybe if these Brexit rules were in place before all that I would have been put off from investing so much into a dead idea. I wish I would have just spent the money on holidays in Spain rather than trying to live out there. For me Spain is better for holidays than trying to live.
Old Aug 7th 2022, 6:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond repute

Although I dont think I need to explain myself to you the reason , why I am on here I will this once.
We own a chalet in Valencia province, purchased at the start of the year , haven't moved into it yet, as we have some maintenance , and work to be done before then.
I really dont think the fact that I voted for Brexit has anything to do with my being on this site. Ridiculous to say otherwise in my opinion
I had a vote, no idea if you did also, so I voted what I thought was best for the country on the whole. Why should i take other peoples situations into account when i cast my vote? Whether its made your life harder or it hasn't. is, sorry to say, for you to worry about .
Brexit and the 90 day rule and freedom of movement makes no difference to me. I am a dual UK/Ireland citizen.
Sorry to disappoint you but I also have an Irish passport so you haven't stitched me up but you have taken away freedom of movement from millions of other UK nationals while retaining it for yourself - well, that's what you are telling us anyway.

Enjoy your nonexistent sunlit uplands.
Old Aug 7th 2022, 6:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond repute

​​​​​
This forum is frequented by a lot of wannabees who still live in the UK.
Old Aug 7th 2022, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lou71
Sorry to disappoint you but I also have an Irish passport so you haven't stitched me up but you have taken away freedom of movement from millions of other UK nationals while retaining it for yourself - well, that's what you are telling us anyway.

Enjoy your nonexistent sunlit uplands.
I am certainly not disappointed, I dont know why you have to think any of this is personal,. I assure you its not, I voted for what I thought was best for me, my family and the country as a whole. Who are these millions of brits who wanted to exercise their past freedom of movement rights? I doubt its anywhere near that number. As I previously posted, its limited mainly to second home owners, travelling students and business people. Its the EU and UK governments that stopped reciprocal freedom of movement, i suggest you aim your anger at them.
Old Aug 7th 2022, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lou71
This forum is frequented by a lot of wannabees who still live in the UK.
I suspect thats aimed at me. If so, please enlighten me what gives you more right than I to post here, and what do I wannabee (as you put it) that I cant be whenever i want ? I am here to get advice, know more, and maybe in the future I in turn can help with my experiences to others. As far as I know I haven't broken any rules, except express an opinion, which you dont agree with. Thats life.
Old Aug 7th 2022, 7:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

I suspect thats aimed at me. If so, please enlighten me what gives you more right than I to post here, and what do I wannabee (as you put it) that I cant be whenever i want ? I am here to get advice, know more, and maybe in the future I in turn can help with my experiences to others. As far as I know I haven't broken any rules, except express an opinion, which you dont agree with. Thats life.
It was a generic statement and not directed at any particular individual. Perhaps I should have been clearer - I was referring to fantasists who come on here with no intention of ever leaving the UK.
Old Aug 7th 2022, 7:48 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Please re-read the title of the thread and revert back to that discussion rather than continuing with your pettiness.

Rosemary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.