Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

New entry travel rules from non EU / Schengen countries

New entry travel rules from non EU / Schengen countries

Old Aug 4th 2022, 9:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New entry travel rules from non EU / Schengen countries

The. Spanish Tourist Board have clarified this by making an announcement. Basically they say yes the rules are in place throughout the Schengen Zone, IF checked the amount of money can be in foreign currency or bank card etc. Yes you should have a return ticket and somewhere to stay. I think the whole thing is being construed out of context. They can ask for these things ok show them a bank card or banking app , show a return ticket or explain why you may not have one for instance I'm house hunting so not certain when I will return but it will be within Schengen time restraints and here's where I'm staying booking. Com receipt or email from relative you are staying with. I don't think it's advisable for anyone to wander around with a wallet stuffed with euros. It's the UK media stirring the anti EU pot. It's up to individuals how to treat this but I think Missiles tin hat fits the bill personally. Be prepared to answer questions if asked and get on with life.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chr...d-24646868.amp
Old Aug 4th 2022, 10:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Lou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond repute

Apologies for subjecting you to this dreadful rag but this may be of interest:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...st-Brexit.html

UK nationals are finally experiencing the horrors of losing EU freedom of movement and becoming third country nationals and realising it's cold out there. Ouch.
Old Aug 4th 2022, 11:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lou71

UK nationals are finally experiencing the horrors of losing EU freedom of movement and becoming third country nationals and realising it's cold out there. Ouch.
I like the bit where they try and terrify people with having to get out of your car in traffic lanes l
I Found this official explanation of this procedure

Last edited by Rosemary; Aug 5th 2022 at 2:53 pm. Reason: link removed for the poster
Old Aug 4th 2022, 12:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lou71

More scaremongering by the Daily Fail ..... as you say a Rag, which is full of click bait headlines !

The problem is there are many who believe it all !

Old Aug 5th 2022, 2:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Loco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really nice

If I was a UK citizen with no entitlement under the Brexit deal and owned a second home in Europe I would be far more worried if or when the EU starts to enforce the max stay visiting rules.

​​​​​The tracking technology has been in place for at least 10 years and is regularly used and shared.

Best
Loco

​​​​​​

​​​​

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Hi this is for visitors / tourists not 'bona-fide' expats or EU/Schengen residents. But the rules do apply for non-resident 2nd home owners

https://www.euronews.com/travel/2022...-money-per-day

Ive only heard about this recently... Note the financial requirements, return ticket, accommodation etc.

Note I believe printouts from online banking aren't accepted as proof of finances. Which is weird to me as many people have gone paperless. A credit card statement is also accepted.. but again many people just look at it online. Even Bank letters arent accepted!

Whilst some people may 'forge' an online document the vast majority wont and this could cause more frustration on entry. Its just impractical....

The link at the end explains the document rules

Jon
From the Spanish tourist authorities: Note they also say that this is not just a spanish thing, they say it applies in all Schengen countries

​​​​​​“At Spanish border control, you may need to show a return or onward ticket; show you have enough money for your stay; show proof of accommodation for your stay, for example, a hotel booking confirmation, proof of address if visiting your own property (eg second home), or an invitation from your host or proof of their address if staying with a third party, friends or family,” says the advice
also
https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/...d-list-7403617

Last edited by Rosemary; Aug 5th 2022 at 7:15 am. Reason: corrected quote
Old Aug 5th 2022, 9:08 am
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Loco

​​​​​The tracking technology has been in place for at least 10 years and is regularly used and shared.

Best
Loco

​​​​​​
Exactly ..... This is why people shouldnt be concerned about getting a passport stamp, a stamp these days is not much more than a souvenir ...... pretty much everything is tracked electronically, whether that be as you go through immigration or your travel booking etc in the main one way or another you are tracked, I know people will come up with examples of when they havent been but its the minority of travel and usually via land borders, however at some point that person will have been tracked into the EU. Many countries are even ditching visas in passport.
Old Aug 5th 2022, 10:03 am
BE Enthusiast

EU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobd22
I like the bit where they try and terrify people with having to get out of your car in traffic lanes l
I Found this official explanation of this procedure
/
Official ????? That is most unofficial website run by Albanians. Domain is register under pseudo name in Reykjavik.
Only official source is europa.eu!!!

Last edited by Rosemary; Aug 5th 2022 at 2:54 pm. Reason: link removed from quote
Old Aug 5th 2022, 1:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by EU.flag
Official ????? That is most unofficial website run by Albanians. Domain is register under pseudo name in Reykjavik.
Only official source is europa.eu!!!
My apologies in that case I will remove the link if possible
Old Aug 5th 2022, 1:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I can't remove it now maybe admin can? I just thought it was a clearer explanation .
Old Aug 5th 2022, 2:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ok here's info from Europa EU the other link does seem to be a direct uplift from it.

https://home-affairs.ec.europa.eu/po...exit-system_en
Old Aug 5th 2022, 2:56 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobd22
I can't remove it now maybe admin can? I just thought it was a clearer explanation .
I have removed the link for you.

Rosemary
Old Aug 5th 2022, 3:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Rosemary
I have removed the link for you.

Rosemary
Thanks Rosemary my apologies
Old Aug 5th 2022, 6:42 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Loco
If I was a UK citizen with no entitlement under the Brexit deal and owned a second home in Europe I would be far more worried if or when the EU starts to enforce the max stay visiting rules.
​​​​
They already are enforcing the rules. A friend of mine was caught overstaying and has been banned from returning to shengen for 3 years. "Fortunately", he does not own property in Spain
Old Aug 5th 2022, 8:54 pm
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by missile
They already are enforcing the rules. A friend of mine was caught overstaying and has been banned from returning to shengen for 3 years. "Fortunately", he does not own property in Spain
Weren't we explicitly told by Stingo that that wouldn't happen because of Spain's dependence on UK tourism?
Old Aug 6th 2022, 4:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by missile
Interesting….. what was the process for the ban ? How is it documented ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.