Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

New entry travel rules from non EU / Schengen countries

New entry travel rules from non EU / Schengen countries

Old Aug 3rd 2022, 4:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Notdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New entry travel rules from non EU / Schengen countries

ETIAS and EES will do away with passport stamping.
Old Aug 3rd 2022, 4:57 pm
Just Joined

onmyway2022 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Jon-BXL for posting this

PS we love the Express's 'Journalism' Lol
Old Aug 3rd 2022, 5:35 pm
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
My concern remains that printouts from online banking and even bank letters are technically not acceptable... Which I think is crazy!
Seems a bit obstructive, although I suppose I can see that it would be possible to doctor those and hence, presumably, the objection. What will actually be acceptable, though?

And I presume a printout from the net of accommodation reservation would be acceptable, despite the possibility of that having been forged.

Old Aug 3rd 2022, 8:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond repute

Spanish authorities are not going to ask people for proof of funds. Can’t believe people believe all this noncence. Mind you the way the euro is going it won’t be hard for even the poorest of Brits to have sufficient funds.
Old Aug 3rd 2022, 8:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

growinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stingychips
Spanish authorities are not going to ask people for proof of funds. Can’t believe people believe all this noncence. Mind you the way the euro is going it won’t be hard for even the poorest of Brits to have sufficient funds.
that is where you are wrong... again... they do and have.... Even asked for proof of were they are staying...
Old Aug 3rd 2022, 9:20 pm
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

You're a laugh a minute Stinge, I'll give you that.

I presume you've never observed that people in the non EU passports queue are subjected to a slightly longer process than those in the other one? And the issue that's mildly concerning folks here is proving you have the funds, as opposed to just having them.
Old Aug 4th 2022, 3:58 am
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Red Eric

I presume you've never observed that people in the non EU passports queue are subjected to a slightly longer process than those in the other one? And the issue that's mildly concerning folks here is proving you have the funds, as opposed to just having them.
The slightly longer queue generally has nothing whatsoever to do with proving that you have funds. It’s usually reading the passport and dealing with the visa (if any).
Old Aug 4th 2022, 5:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Stingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Red Eric

ok so when I go on holiday to Spain in august they are going to drag me to one side , take me to a bank machine and make me put all my cards in to check my balance? Doubt it. I’ve been asked where i am staying once when the lockdowns were on and normal tourists were banned from Spain. Spain haven’t got the resources and time to start messing people about. Why would they drive off potential tourists at a time they need them so badly.
Old Aug 4th 2022, 6:17 am
Polished expat

ok so when I go on holiday to Spain in august they are going to drag me to one side , take me to a bank machine and make me put all my cards in to check my balance? Doubt it.
Me too. I wouldn't have thought you can check the balance of a UK bank account from a Spanish ATM.

I’ve been asked where i am staying once when the lockdowns were on and normal tourists were banned from Spain. Spain haven’t got the resources and time to start messing people about. Why would they drive off potential tourists at a time they need them so badly.
Same reason they will be policing the number of days spent in the Schengen Area ie because UK citizens are now 3rd country nationals and subject to different requirements than those which apply to EU citizens.

Not that I think the vast majority will be subjected to through interrogation but I'm sure not everybody will just sail through without any questions asked and nor will those who do get asked where they're staying and whether they have the required resources all be judged by (eg) their luggage preference, hair style, footwear or particular nationality. I expect there'll be a degree of randomness about it as well as the "profiling".
Old Aug 4th 2022, 6:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Mark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond repute

I would agree it seems quite unlikely to have problems arriving in Spain. But like it is unlikely my house will fall down or I'll have my details checked by the police whether driving or walking around or anything else that requires paperwork/proof, I run the risk of it happening and as with buying insurance for an unlikely event, I'll try and make sure I have the proof anyway.
Old Aug 4th 2022, 6:33 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

You are more likely to be struck by lightning. Make sure you wear your tin hat
Old Aug 4th 2022, 7:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Mark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond repute

You'd recommend it isn't necessary to do anything then as the odds are so low?
Old Aug 4th 2022, 7:16 am
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mark604
You'd recommend it isn't necessary to do anything then as the odds are so low?
As for funds I will carry my wallet with credit and debit cards, I will have a phone and banking apps available….. nothing more. The same as I have in every day life.
Old Aug 4th 2022, 7:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Good to know that will be sufficient.
Old Aug 4th 2022, 7:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mark604
Good to know that will be sufficient.

Its sufficient for me. I consider the risk of being asked about funds extremely small and the risk of someone not accepting what I carry even smaller.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.