Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

It's raining, it's pouring; this is getting boring....

It's raining, it's pouring; this is getting boring....

Old Apr 14th 2010, 10:18 am
JnK
BE Enthusiast

JnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: It's raining, it's pouring; this is getting boring....

Old Apr 14th 2010, 10:19 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madridboy
And yet again.......had really nice weather for a few days.........reminded me I'm living in Spain and now reaining for the last 2 days.
on Monday I was sunbathing & had to come in cos I got too hot

yesterday I had the heating on for an hour or so & had washing drying in the living room (again) & I'm seriously considering putting the heating on again today

and what's more the forecast is for rain all week
Old Apr 14th 2010, 10:23 am
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
on Monday I was sunbathing & had to come in cos I got too hot

yesterday I had the heating on for an hour or so & had washing drying in the living room (again) & I'm seriously considering putting the heating on again today

and what's more the forecast is for rain all week
Yep.

A few days ago the sun really had strength in it.

Yesterday and today horrible with rain and the temperature has dropped so much again and back to the fires and heaters.

Remind me not to moan when it eventually heats up cos Ive had enough of the winter.
Old Apr 14th 2010, 10:23 am
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe we could put a denouncia against the government for false advertising..........they tell us all how nice the weather is!..........a tad off topic (yes again!) I remember working for a printers years ago and we were printing a brochure for a motorbike touring holiday company in Spain called "Sun Holidays", he had to put a discalimer in stating that he did not guarentee the sun because people could claim against him if it was not sunny when they took their holidays with him!
Old Apr 14th 2010, 10:36 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paintermujer
Yep.

A few days ago the sun really had strength in it.

Yesterday and today horrible with rain and the temperature has dropped so much again and back to the fires and heaters.

Remind me not to moan when it eventually heats up cos Ive had enough of the winter.
can I have that in writing?

oh - I already have
Old Apr 14th 2010, 10:43 am
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

I've got my heating on, it rained all night last night and today is gloomy and cold! According to the weather forecast there's no end in sight!!!

Not happy

Jo xx
Old Apr 14th 2010, 12:02 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Well I for one was very grateful for that heavy rain two days ago.
I was just about to pay the builder for storm damage repairs when I discovered the situation was worse than when they started, with water coming into the house and garage from all directions, and even coming directly through new cement,corrugated sheets,which appear to be porous.
Afraid he has to come back,rip everything off and start all over again.

Anyways it damps the dust down and freshens up the garden and countryside,..whats everyone complaining about?
Can't last for ever,....can it?...
Old Apr 14th 2010, 12:10 pm
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly

Anyways it damps the dust down and freshens up the garden and countryside,..whats everyone complaining about?
Can't last for ever,....can it?...
Yeah, the weeds love it! Just dug them all up and now they're growing back with a vengence! LOL

I suppose its keeping the mozzies and visitors away LOL

jo xxx
Old Apr 14th 2010, 2:35 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Had the log fire on last night, and its beginning to cool down today already Been raining yesterday hard
Old Apr 14th 2010, 2:52 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Same here. I refuse to light the fire 'cos that's just taking the wotsit. A bit of sun today, but it's grey again, and there is a bit of rain. Knowing my luck it won't be enough, and I shall still have to water tonight.
Old Apr 14th 2010, 7:48 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Oh to be in England,now that April's there.(Robert Browning).

Sitting here in Spain freezin to death with 2 shirts,a thick cardi,a fleece and water lapping around my toes.

Maybe should have said,... "How high's the water Mamma,....its five feet high and risin'"....
Old Apr 14th 2010, 8:09 pm
squeaky clean

its absoultely tipping it down outside. Even my sat dish has stopped working - as it does when it rains heavily, the internet'll be next YIIPPPPEEEE! Might as well go to bed - with my hot water bottle!

Jo xxx
Old Apr 14th 2010, 8:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

The moist atmosphere () does at least mean that dd & I have been able to rake the soil beneath the irrigation pipes we finished () two days ago
Old Apr 15th 2010, 7:44 am
squeaky clean

I'm getting really P**** off with this rain! All night long again, torrential rain. Floods everywhere on the school run this morning, our dry river is filling up rapidly........ AAAAGGGGHHHHHH

Jo xxxx
Old Apr 15th 2010, 8:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Oh to be in England,now that April's there.(Robert Browning).
Enjoying a week in Dorset, and it's gorgeous! In fact it's been good at home for quite some time now. You have until next month to sort it out, we'll be out there then, so hoping your winter of discontent is well and truly over!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.