Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

It's raining, it's pouring; this is getting boring....

It's raining, it's pouring; this is getting boring....

Old Apr 18th 2010, 12:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

elspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud of
Default Re: It's raining, it's pouring; this is getting boring....

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Spanish version of Manchester I'm beginning to think.
Was told when I first arrived that April was usually the wettest month of the year here, so could be a wee drop more to come yet.
Ah well,suppose it saves on the water bill.
My Spanish neighbour has the right idea,..converted his pool into a Duck pond,...at least they are enjoying it.
Best all round climate for what?
Suppose all the local paddy fields and never ending supplies of paella should have given me a clue.
Never heard of water channelling? If rice depended on heavy rain when it was needed there wouldn't any. Most rice grows on the natural wetlands and can be drained when required. The Spanish have a lot to thank the 'Moros'.
Old Apr 18th 2010, 1:17 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

13.30 today, now the sun is out.

Old Apr 18th 2010, 2:14 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
They are enjoying it, are they the fruit of your loins jdr, or the fruit of the fruit of you loins?

Old Apr 18th 2010, 2:43 pm
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
I went to the carboot this morning, dry at first then it chucked it down so hard it was dripping through the umbrella and I got soaked up to my knees with the rain bouncing up off the road.
Did it rain at the car bonnet as well or just the car boot? Must be a really long car.
Old Apr 18th 2010, 2:44 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JLFS
They are enjoying it, are they the fruit of your loins jdr, or the fruit of the fruit of you loins?

Fruit of the fruit, checking out if the rainwear works.
Old Apr 18th 2010, 3:58 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
My wife is speaking to her friend on the phone, and she said that I was looking a Telly tubbies on the computer....... I realised she meant this photo, if you just glance at it in passing you can see what she means.
Old Apr 18th 2010, 4:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JLFS
My wife is speaking to her friend on the phone, and she said that I was looking a Telly tubbies on the computer....... I realised she meant this photo, if you just glance at it in passing you can see what she means.
Noooooooooooo not my little Grandchildren, they are not the Telly Tubbies, "although they will think it great that someone thinks they are", mind you, yes, come to think of it..... Oh! Oh! !!!
Old Apr 18th 2010, 4:22 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by mrsjdr
Noooooooooooo not my little Grandchildren, they are not the Telly Tubbies, "although they will think it great that someone thinks they are", mind you, yes, come to think of it..... Oh! Oh! !!!
Tell them they look good in their Tinky Winky outfits..........

And I will tell the missus to go to Specsavers.
Old Apr 18th 2010, 6:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute

Old Apr 19th 2010, 7:52 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Apparantly here we clocked up seventy something centimetres of rain here yesterday, which is quite a lot when you think about it.
Old Apr 19th 2010, 8:09 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by bil
Apparantly here we clocked up seventy something centimetres of rain here yesterday, which is quite a lot when you think about it.
Probably had similar here bil, really chucked it down.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 7:59 am
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute

We had sun
Old Apr 20th 2010, 9:56 am
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madridboy
We had sun
So did we.

Today is sunny too.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 11:26 am
Yaaarp

Originally Posted by paintermujer
So did we.

Today is sunny too.
Here as well ...........although I just know I'll be complaining in summer at work when it's 40+ lol